“The W's Little Brother is All Grown Up!”

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Ranked #17 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So ALOFT hotels are a vision of W Hotels - I've stayed at enough W Hotels to know what their goal is - exclusive, modern, chic. I dare say that this AFLOT is better than some W Hotels I've stayed in. It's location is great if you're taking the KLIA Ekspres or the monorail or any train as it is across from the train station. We took the bus back from LCCT and walked all around out to the street and stumbled upon the hotel's back entrance, looking like hot messes when the hotel is directly in front of the KL Sentral's Main Door. If you go to the main floor and walk out, it's ahead of you. If you take the bus from LCCT, look behind you and go inside the entrance adjacent to the parking lot.

ALOFT hotels don't seem to have any suites - their rooms are all the same size. With that being said, we found the size quite adequate. It had the heavenly comfortable bed and great black out curtains. It's very modern - I don't give this 5 stars because I look at every hotel with the question as to whether I'd be able to stay there longterm - the answer is no for me. It's a great hotel - new, clean, but no storage. There are no drawers and the closet is a clothes rod with a curtain. We were only there for a night so it's ok but if you are there for more than a week, it might be annoying.

I liked ALOFT's minibar concept - the refrigerator is empty and you can go downstairs to their snack shop and purchase and fill up the fridge with anything you want or you can do like us, go to a minimarket at KL Sentral and put the food in the fridge.

Lastly, we were very impressed with the roof top bar and pool. This pool rivals the W Hong Kong in my opinion. It's well designed and functional. Bravo.

Great hotel - we enjoyed it very much but were only there for one day. If I had to spend weeks there, maybe the love would have faded but for a short business trip or vacation, it's a great hotel and really not that far to get to Bukit Bintang in light of its proximity to the Monorail.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank citoyennea
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hi citoyennia,

Thanks for you "The W's Little Brother is All Grown Up!" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

While aloft carried the DNA of W Hotels we are different by design and its great to read that we have hit the mark on this occasion. Aloft's are designed for the jet set traveler on the go and because we understand that there are some who prefer to stay with us longer at this aloft, we have Breezy suites and Sweet Suites ready to a-go-go!

Great that you like loved our Splash pool with the panoramic views of the KL Skyline.

Give us a-buzz on your trip to KL so we can continue to a-muse you.

Paolo Campillo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,405)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Miss Ophilia (if I'm not mistaken) front desk girl had showered me with efficient and effective services throughout my stay here in this hotel. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my company Petronas and its subsidiaries nationwide.

Stayed: August 2013

Hi Liling L,

Thanks for your "Bravo" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral. The team works hard to delight and deliver and its great to hear when we have done so.

I was happy to read that Ophillia was able to deliver an a+ experience for you.

Give us a-buzz when you plan your next visit to KL sentral so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Paolo Campillo

p.s.- thanks for the shout-out to your company as well we look forward to a-mazing them!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

August 2013 - traveled from Canada and were looking for a CLEAN and SAFE location for hotel. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND aloft!

PROS:
-huge room with king size bed
-great tv
-good views of city
-pool on top of hotel
-most comfortable bed we've ever had at a hotel
-great staff
-all rooms are non-smoking which is great!
-excellent location! very close to starbucks and train station
-very clean neighborhood
-great shower and bathroom set up (it's huge!)
-free mac computer stations in lobby for guests
-great wifi in rooms
-offered late check out
-quiet rooms

CONS:
-we ordered room service food and it was ok (not great for what you pay)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hi Travel G,

Thanks for your "Best Hotel" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

The hotel talent work hard to delight & deliver an a+ experience for each & every guest and its great to see that we have hit the mark on this occasion.

I was great to read that you like the jet set style of the hotel and you love the aloft platform beds.

If your travels take you back to the heart of KL sentral, give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel located at KL Sentral which placed an integrated transportation namely Light Rail Transit, monorel transport commuters from downtown to uptown of KL city and also a high speed train to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Surrounded by plenty of restaurant, cafe and stall mostly serve Indian Authentic foods. It is also walking distance to Zeta Bar, a club and the most happening place for the upper class KL goers. The club plays R&B, Hip Hop, top 40s and also house band from all over the world.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi KingTT,

Thanks for you "Latest concept in the heart of KL sentral" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Great to read that you like the location of the hotel. We also have two venues for entertainment which are our tiki themed Mai Bar and Wxyz bar in our re:mix lobby.

If your travels take you back to KL Sentral, give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Aloft is value W brand - from the same group. It's a funky hotel which has lots of cool design features but sometimes misses the basics.I stay here for business because it's great value and near my KL office.

I love their enthusiasm and energy of the staff, very friendly. Several people know my face so say welcome back which is always a plus in these impersonal times. The rooftop bar is very cool,the new gym is fantastic and the breakfast is lavish.

The downsides are: sometimes the staff are too keen and don't look at the details...last time i stayed the person checking me in asked if i had stayed there before...something that my booking should have told her especially as two members of her staff had just said "welcome back" to me....the room i was given on my last time smelt of smoke despite me always asking for a non-smoking room, the wifi isn't as strong in the rooms as it could be (but is great in the communal areas!) and the rooftop bar's version of a champagne cocktail was a thumbful of champagne!

But overall it's fun and funky, great location for Sentral but terrible for any nightime action which is 30 mins away, it's business only, and the staff are always willing to help and are very friendly.

Room Tip: rooms are all good and spacious - try and get one facing the non-building site side....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AloftKL, General Manager at Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi CrisJR2013,

Thanks for your "funky basic hotel" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

I have read your comments about the bright & bold energy of our hotel talent and I am happy to read that in general they are able to delight & deliver.

I have read your additional comments about the wifi signal in room and will have our IT Jedi look into this. I will also review our champagne cocktail portioning again with our Bars talent to ensure we continue to offer value.

As a team we have chosen to go smoke free however occasionally we still have guest who try and bend the rules, I will discuss with our Re:fresh team how we can better handle this going forward.

Give us a-buzz if there anything we can do to make your future stays a-mazing!

live.lfie.aloft,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel is new, simple and kinda chic looking. No doubt, if you are looking for a hotel that is a mere door step away from the KLIA Airport Express, yet affordable without compromising comfort, this is the perfect choice!

For those who drive, the hotel also very convenient. And they charge 5 Ringgit for one day parking. The staffs are well trained, fast, helpful and effective. Especially the check in and check out process is super fast and easy. Breakfast is better than what we expect. And the best thing is the twin bedroom comes with 2 Queen size bed. Amenities are modern as well.

The only complain is the sound proof system is not very good. And for certain floor, there is a big neon light outside and affect the sleep quality.

Though the 'modern' direction of the hotel might not for everyone. But it's definitely worth a try. I will return for sure if price is right.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Hilton side instead.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hi ahfook,

Thanks for your 'promising property" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

Aloft hotels are different by design and it is nice to see that you like the modern loft like space. l. We do certainly understand that this bright & bold look is not for everyone but happy that this look and location appeals to you.

I have noted your comments with regard to lights and noise and have a look at this so that we can do better.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

it has been a while for me and my colleague experience such a wonderful stay in a hotel.we have been traveling very frequent for business. after i was introduced this hotel by a friend to aloft kl sentral..oh boy! we are up for a surprise in term of hotel design,rooms and not forgetting the staff too.
i would like to take this moment to thank staff from the nook mr maran and yvone and from wxyz bar shane for their wonderful hospitality and friendliness.
looking forward to stay in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hi raulravie,

Thanks for your "new generation hotel" review of aloft kuala lumpur sentral.

I was happy to read that the hotel talent were able to delight & deliver and that Shane, Yvonne & Maran were able to make you stay special. I will definitely recognize them for their effort.

Also great hat you like the bright & bold modern design of the hotel.

Thanks again for the a-wesome review and if your travels take you back to the heart of KL sentral, give us a-buzz so that we can continue to a-muse you.