“So much better than london!”

Dining In The Dark KL
Ranked #3 of 4,105 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A restaurant in total darkness. A completely new sensory experience. Dining in The Dark KL, the very first of its kind in Malaysia.The optic nerve is overridden – your other senses take over. Every sound, every movement, every taste, every breath is an adventure!Thoughtfully designed and carefully prepared surprised menu fit for a fine dining—Starter, Soup, Main, Dessert—with varying flavours to give your palate a wonderful experience and your mind... an exciting challenge!
London, England
“So much better than london!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

So the entrance is a bit confused with it being on top of another restaurant.....and the greeter using the reservation list from the night before.......but from the moment you get upsatirs, its a whole other experience. If you havent been to this type of restaurant you should. And if youve been in london, you should try the one in kl for a simple reason......the food rocks!

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank pippinc

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“A unique experience!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having seen the reviews on TA we decided to give this a go.
We had a reservation for 7pm but due to horrendous traffic jam, didn't get there until closer to 8pm ( we rang to let them know we'd be late). Our taxi driver didn't know where it was exactly on the street, so we opted to get out and walk...and then couldn't find it ourselves. It's actually upstairs basically on the corner.
We were welcomed by Jack and a gorgeous young lady who's name I've forgotten. They started us off with a welcoming sangria and the first challenge of the night - finding some metal paper clips in a container of beans & rice I think...too easy you say, well I don't think so (my partner found 1 and I found 2).
We were then introduced to Nicole who explained the process and then led us into the darkness!
With Nicole leading slowly and my hands on her shoulders, it wasn't too stressful finding our table & seats and she explained very clearly the orientation of everything on the table.
We had a 3 course meal with the appetizer and main meal comprised of three different dishes, a soup and then a collection of sweet things for dessert. We were warned that we would be expected to identify the dishes and their components afterwards - we had a lot of fun with this. The food was actually very tasty, but it was rather difficult finding it on one's plate with the fork and spoon provided.
Near the end of our meal, Nicole played the piano - it was exquisite!
Unfortunately the atmosphere was spoilt a bit when a group of rather loud men came in, so I wasn't sorry to be finishing up.
After re-entering the lighted side of the restaurant/bar, we were given a little quiz to see what food/spices etc we could identify...and then given the menu showing what we actually had.
We finished off with a coffee sitting outside.
Overall it was an amazing and unique experience and one I would highly recommend. it certainly made me grateful for my sight and a little more aware of the challenges faced by the blind/visually impaired.

• Visited May 2013
12 Thank Rosie-holidaylover
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Having heard about the dining in the dark concept, my girlfriend and I made sure to make a stop by dining in the dark KL!

The price was RM98 not including drinks. Compared to western places that offer the same for $75+. So it was a good deal in that sense but by far our most expensive meal in Malaysia.

It was a little difficult to figure out where it was (google maps shows different places depending on where you type it in). It's located on the

We showed up without a reservation and were accommodated at the end of the service.

The experience was definitely worthwhile. The room was pitch black and the food was good although, because they give you several dishes to taste, some of the flavors end up conflicting.

I would recommend going if you have the spare time!

• Visited April 2013
8 Thank beeeKay
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Dining in the DARK!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I tried this place out with a group of friends after seeing all the good reviews on Tripadvisor.

First of all - to all those who wish to try this restaurant out - go with an open mind, relax and like they say - enjoy the ride....if you're claustrophobic - you'd better think twice.

The best part about this restaurant is the warm welcome you get from the ever friendly staff...ever accommodating and full of smiles...it really sets the tone for the night.

For the dining experience - I won't reveal much in order to not spoil anyone's future plans to go there - but let's just say that it is indeed an eye-opener. Like in one of the previous reviews - "it gets you thinking" - The menu was tastefully done and the service was EXCELLENT!

Kudos to Nicole and her team for a great and indeed a memorable dining experience.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for the adventurous diners who seek a unique dining experience. Now matter how intimidating it can be to some, in the end of the plus minus 2 hours dining session, you'll walk out enriched.

• Visited April 2013
7 Thank boo_tofu
Hong Kong, China
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We learned the restaurant from Trip Advisor and had struggle whether we had a visit to the restanuant. Luckily, my husband and I chose to have a dinner there. The staff members are very nice like Monica and a male receptionist. We were led by a very nice and cheerful girl, Nicole, to a wholly dark room. I was impressed by Nicole who made us feel relax and happy though she is blind. We enjoy the food and the experience of having dinner in the dark. Thanks all of you.

Visited April 2013