“Dining in the DARK!”

Dining In The Dark KL
Ranked #5 of 4,683 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A restaurant in total darkness. A completely new sensory experience. Dining in The Dark KL, the very first of its kind in Malaysia.The optic nerve is overridden – your other senses take over. Every sound, every movement, every taste, every breath is an adventure!Thoughtfully designed and carefully prepared surprised menu fit for a fine dining—Starter, Soup, Main, Dessert—with varying flavours to give your palate a wonderful experience and your mind... an exciting challenge!
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I tried this place out with a group of friends after seeing all the good reviews on Tripadvisor.

First of all - to all those who wish to try this restaurant out - go with an open mind, relax and like they say - enjoy the ride....if you're claustrophobic - you'd better think twice.

The best part about this restaurant is the warm welcome you get from the ever friendly staff...ever accommodating and full of smiles...it really sets the tone for the night.

For the dining experience - I won't reveal much in order to not spoil anyone's future plans to go there - but let's just say that it is indeed an eye-opener. Like in one of the previous reviews - "it gets you thinking" - The menu was tastefully done and the service was EXCELLENT!

Kudos to Nicole and her team for a great and indeed a memorable dining experience.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for the adventurous diners who seek a unique dining experience. Now matter how intimidating it can be to some, in the end of the plus minus 2 hours dining session, you'll walk out enriched.

7  Thank boo_tofu
Write a ReviewReviews (1,500)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We learned the restaurant from Trip Advisor and had struggle whether we had a visit to the restanuant. Luckily, my husband and I chose to have a dinner there. The staff members are very nice like Monica and a male receptionist. We were led by a very nice and cheerful girl, Nicole, to a wholly dark room. I was impressed by Nicole who made us feel relax and happy though she is blind. We enjoy the food and the experience of having dinner in the dark. Thanks all of you.

6  Thank Christine201211
Reviewed May 1, 2013

What an amazing experience this was! Upon entering you are greated by the lovely staff who explain to you the concept of the evening. They start you off by giving you some practice with a game "blindfolded" to find 4 paperclips in a jar of rice and beans. Easier said then done.

You are then escorted into the restaurant by one of the blind waiters. We were quite fortuate to have Darius (whom I will never forget). As we entered into total darkness, my sever case of claustrophobia emerge and I had to ask Darium to escort me back out to gain my bearings. He along with Jack calmy explained to me that this was a normal reaction and to take a few breaths and to try it again, They both gave me such kind words of support that I had to try again ... with success. As Darius leaded me back to my table, he kept encouraging me. He sat me down, held my hand and talked me through my initial panic.

The food was great, your sences are truley awakened especially as you are taking flavors, such as an apple, with a entire new taste. You are much more aware of the voices, sounds and smells. Throughout the dinner Jack and Darius came by to check on me to see how I was doing and told me they were proud. How sweet is that.

Knowing that Darius was blind and experiences darkness 24/7 is what made me continue through the dinner and I am so thankful I did. What an AMAZING experience, one that I will never forget and am thankful for being able to experience it.

When in KL - go there! Its a must.

7  Thank Meg E
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have no words to express my unique experience. the most unforgettable moments.. an eye opener to the world of darkness.. did not realise we spend 3+hrs there... The surprise menu turned out to be a real treat.. each time we finished a course, we had to guess what we ate...and we were not bad..we got 80% correct. Hats off to the staff & management for the excellent service...please keep it going.. Werner & Nigel once again thanks for giving us a chance to experience the Darkness..

9  Thank Sajani K
Reviewed April 22, 2013

As a unique experience, this really is excellent. The staff are very friendly and there is great individual attention. It's so different from any other dining experience and so much fun eating in pitch black that you can't really fail to have a very memorable time. The food is relatively simple (you don't know what you're getting so it has to be palatable for most tastes) but tasty and filling. You have to try this once! Brilliant evening.

7  Thank 81Dan