3-Hour Private Street Food Walking Tour in Kuala Lumpur

Book in advance
from
$114.63
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Bukit Tabur
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2016

Please do not clim early in morning when sky is dark if you are 1st timer or not familiar to this place as it can be dangerous.

The hardest part is when reaching the end part when you have to rock climb to the top of the tabur hill but up there you can get a magnificent view with really good picture.

But dont just stop at the top of hill, walk a bit more to "Far East" where you can get even more rewarding vie...it's an awesome place to hike which take around 3-4 hours for return journey depends on your speed

Date of experience: April 2016
4  Thank BrandonMa1212
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

I've done Tabur West and Tabur East twice. Tabur has always been one of my favourite hikes. The first two times I did Tabur West along with many friends and my siblings who have experience hiking. When I did Tabur East for the first time in March this year, I went again with my sibling who is an experienced hiker as well as three other friends. I loved doing Tabur East so much more than West! I enjoy climbing, not walking, and you can really describe any portion of Tabur East as walking except for the last part of the descent through the jungle. I work out every day, so my glutes and quads are were in good condition and well prepared for the hike. I suffered no aches and pains the day after, and not much during the hike either, so it always pays to be in good condition physically, though it is not strictly necessary.

The second time I did Tabur East, I went with two other girlfriends - both not very experienced hikers, so we made sure we were careful and didn't do anything dangerous. We descended through the jungle after passing all three peaks. I went back the way I came up the first time doing Tabur East, which is a lot more challenging as you have to clamber down all those rocks. Descending is always more difficult than ascending!

I was glad I went through the jungle because we passed through a veritable orchard of fruit trees - rambutan, durian, mangosteen, putusan, duku langsat, nangka, etc. There was even someone selling rambutans, so I bought 4kg and carried them down another few hundred metres.

Tabur East is difficult, but if you are careful and cautious, you will be fine. We met a guy who climbs it every day. He reaches the first peak in 15 minutes. We did it in 45 mins and were pretty proud of ourselves, haha. We could have pushed harder and gone faster, of course, but it was my friends' first time, and I didn't want them rolling to a rocky death. I would recommend not doing it when it rains. It rained the night before in my area, so I had made alternative plans to go elsewhere if it had rained in Tabur East too. Fortunately it was quite dry. Not very dry, so I think there might have been a slight squall, but the rocks weren't slippery, so it was safe.

I would recommend wearing kampung Adidas (a type of rubber shoes with great grip - Google them if you haven't heard of them. They cost only RM10 or less) and also gloves. You end up doing a lot of clambering and really using your hands, so if you don't want filthy and scratched hands, use gloves. Cheap cotton ones will do. Long sleeves and long jeans would be good as well to protect yourself from scratches and mosquito bites (only applicable if you descend through the jungle/orchard - that's where all the mosquitoes are. There are no mosquitoes if you descend the way you ascended.)

Date of experience: August 2016
7  Thank k7ng
Reviewed July 26, 2016

This is one of the most dangerous trail around the Klang Valley. The trek is covered with quartz stone and sand and therefore if you trip and fall, you will get cut! However, once you reach to the second stop, the scenery is so beautiful! You will be able to see the KL city on your left and the Klang Gate dam on your right! The trek is quite challenging and it is advisable to wear a proper pair of hiking shoe to trek this trial.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank The_Only_Ultraman
Reviewed July 26, 2016

The view at the peak was awesome!
Bukit Tabur West is one of the famous mountains in West Malaysia which suitable for beginner. However, some of the path can be dangerous.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank heakeec
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

I completed this activity with the help of a local guide called Casey who you can find on the website "withlocals" under Bukit Tabur. Casey took me on a hike up Bukit Tabur a challenging mountain ridge surrounding Kuala Lumpur. It was a wonderful experience which was by far the highlight of my trip to Kuala Lumpur. Casey picked me up promptly from my hotel and took me to a local diner for a traditional breakfast. This was amazing and it was great to have a local educate me on all the traditional Malayan foods, the food was of course excellent. After breakfast we embarked on or hike. Casey was very knowledgeable and knew exactly where to guide me up the difficult terrain. The walk itself is not for the faint of heart as it was quite physical and involved physical climbing up rocks in some instances. However, Casey ensured I had plenty of rest breaks and briefed me continuously throughout the climb regarding various safety matters. The views up the top were well worth the hike and it was incredible to see the contrast between jungle and the Malaysian cityscape. I feel so privileged to have been able to participate on the hike and I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area. It is a part of the city you must appreciate and it is truly unique. Casey is a fantastic guide who made me feel safe and comfortable and yet still was able to push me to challenge myself physically and mentally on the climb. I would recommend this trip to anyone travelling near Kuala Lumpur, it is a must do!

Date of experience: July 2016