“near but remote place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Regalia Suites
ipoh,malaysia
“near but remote place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

if u look at the address of the hotel, it located in the kl city. actually the place is near but far.i have spend more then 3 hours to get to the hotel!
because of it is a new hotel, only 2 small roads can get in to this hotel....even teksi driver don't know where it located!
the hotel room is big..
the management rent this place out because of many unsold apartment. so dont expect they serve u well.
the swimming pools is great like what they advertise but no towels provided , no safe guard...
so swim at your own risks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank reenaypl
Regalia_Residence, Resident Manager at Regalia Suites, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Our Value Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind feedbacks and we are truly sorry for the shortcomings. We have informed respective our department head and team members and rest assured these shortcomings will not take place on your future visits.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Residence supposed to be a place that allows people to feel like being at home while on the vacation.

This residence is equipped with the basics. As it is still new, everything is functioning, except the TV, which the technician has explained it's the building's antena's problem. I was taken aback by the explanation and questioned, 'does that mean everyone in this building cannot watch TV?' he laughed.
The breakfast was the simplest I had in any hotel or residence - muffin, COLD croissant, breakfast cereal, milk, coffee and tea. I thought this was a 4 star hotel.
The location is not strategic for tourist who wants to travel via public transport. You had to take the lift to ground floor, walk out from the parking lot, take the rocky staircase up to the flyover, and then walk to KTM or LRT.
Taking taxi to this residence is also not easy. Most of the taxi drivers did not know where it is.
However, I have to give some credit to it's rooftop swimming pool which really gives a spectacular view on the KL city, and which this residence has used as it's main attraction. My guess is that's the only attraction it can use.

I am not sure if this residence wants to do hotel business or not, as I noticed there are people staying permanently. However, since it is opened to tourists, it should have the very basic service hospitality, which I am very disappointed with.

I bought Groupon for 2 nights stay and made the reservation. In my email I mentioned 2 nights, but I did not realize that I only provided 1 Groupon voucher. The staff attending my email did not say anything as well.
Until the day of check-out which is the same day that I have to go to airport, then only they told me that I have not provided them another Groupon voucher! Why wouldn't they tell me earlier? I stayed there for 2 nights. They could have told me in either of those days and I would have sufficient time to look for my Groupon voucher.
When I had a hard time to look for another Groupon voucher, all the 3 staff attending showed no patience, no compassionate and no friendliness. Their faces were cold. Out of no option, I asked if I can't find my Groupon voucher, how much I need to pay? The lady staff showed 172 on the calculator. I asked her after deducting my RM100 deposit, I should be only paying 72 right? She nodded. My mum and I saw it. So I passed over the credit card. The lady staff came back with a bill written 172 for me to sign, I was puzzled. I questioned her and she insisted she told me that the 172 is the amount after deducting 100. I felt so cheated and violated. After sign off, all the 3 staff just stared at me, did not even greet us before we left.

On the way to airport, I managed to find my other Groupon voucher. I felt I was not treated well as a customer, and therefore I sent a complaint email to all the regalia residence email add I cam find, and I have been following up for 3 days, but I got no replies. I even call Mayland Groupon employee, they kept on giving me phone numbers and transferring my call, and ALWAYS the final number I got leads to nowhere.

You see, what type of good service can you expect from this residence? With the staff who are not attentive, not friendly, not particular about details and not profficient in communication. Also, with no proper post-service team to lodge your complains or enquiries. I seriously do not recommend this residence to anyone. I'm sure you can get the same quality room or infrastructure easily at anywhere else. Don't spend the money on this kind of service.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Cassandra2910

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Agoda last week for stayed dated 14/4/2013. My family at first reluctant and insisted to stay at our usual hotel (SunwayPutra@legend hotel) near PWTC but i told them why not tryout this brand new hotel within golden triangle of KL.

I managed to locate this hotel using my WAZE application from my mobile. The signange of hotel is not visible as it is too small and crafted on and painted in white background similar to the building overall color. Suggest to put up big LED signage on the roof top in order for guestto detect it from a distance. I got to wind down my window and ask the uniformed security (suspected to be Nepalise)guard wheter is this Regalia Residence. He noded his head and ask us to proceed to 4 floor whre the lobby is located. I drove up through narrow lane straight up making a half circular driving and reached the 4th floor. Another security guard stationed there greated us and directed us to go down another 2 level as the parking bay was designated for guest on level 2. I have to continue driving downward another 1/4 circular before reaching level 2. The hotel consists of 3blocks on which each block having 37 floors. I parked my car narest to entrace to lobby after the guard there pointed out to me the lift. There is no signage on the direction to hotel nor main signboard of hotel. Luckily another guard on the 4th floor directed us to proceed to block A. I parked our near block B. The lobby and reception area of hotel located at the last end of block A about 200 meter away and the place is hidden with a big lettering on the wall "MANSION". I ask another guard to confirmed. Nobody greated or open the glass door to welcome us.

The process of registation took us 10-15minutes as my booking was wrongly recorded. I make reservation for 1studio suite with 1 big king size bed but they only blocked normal room for my family. I didnt complaint as the receptionist spotted the different beween my booking order form and thier data in system. Quickly she gave us the upgrading room as my original request is not available anymore. To our surprise, we got a two bedrooms apartment suite and it is so spacious. The rooms are fully equiped with 5 star standard service aprtment with 2 doors fridge, washing machine, full kitchenette facilities and 2flat screen TV. ( suggest to include a microwave oven and DVD player). There have 5lifts but only 1 is working and the rest is still under maintence(repair work bieng carry out) and on manual control by another guard inside it. Each time you wish to use the lift, we must call from our room to send up the lift. This is temporary only. The room is superb with nice modern concept of furniture and fitting. Need to fix door peep viewer and security lock for the main entrace door. They are still using the manual key instead of keycard. Drying area should be grilled or fenced up as it posses danger for small children and safety reason.

The hotel having two infinity swiming pools. One on thecfifth floor which open from am until 11pm while another one located on the rooftop level 37. Both having good sceneries with breathtaking views. Children wading pool is located next to the pool on level 5. Gym was located on the main lobby area on the forth floor together with the convenience store. Small walking through mini garden and relax areas located on the fifth floor. Unfortunetely this hotel did not pratice or take precautionery measure to employed lifeguard and nobody observing the area. There is no deck for pool towel and you have to bring down own towel from hotel room.

Beakfast area located on the 37th floor with limited tables and chairs(3round tables only) and the rest filled with sofa and rest chairs. We reached area about 9.30am and the only family dining there as only 3 booking for breakfast on that day. Therefore each type of food served with small quanity just enough for us to fill our tummy. They served American breakfast only with bread or toasted bread with butter only as no jam made available. We spotted only 1 chef and 1 waiter on duty and it took them more than 10minutes to request for plain warm water as thier kitchen was not located on the same floor. If not misaken the mian kitchen is on the 35th floor which mean the waiter need to walk down and up two floors away as the lift is faulty. Pitty them but cant help it.

Overall the hotel having a lot of works to do in order to accompish good rating and scoring but at the same time employ more staff with uniform as mostof the staff wearing thier own plain clotch and hardly identify. Every corner is guarded by security guards and non Malaysian citizen.

To summarised, please book this hotel while the rates are still under promotion while it last. The room and swimming pools area are good.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

like the other reviews the problems with this place are many.

I stupidly didn't look for reviews on this place and thought that considering it had been built 2 years ago that it would be spotless and up to date.

1) taxi drivers don't know where it is.
2) it is difficult to get any where (the only access road in and out is via an expressway)
3) the only way out on foot is a path next to the express way which then goes up some steep steps (no hand rail) to a road near the WPC.
4) the place is half finished. that is, the building are there but the rooms are still being decked out.
5) the main elevators in the main block are broken due to a leaking water tank that shorted out all the electrics. there is 1 elevator that is working but you can't push a button. you have to call reception to ask for the lift to come to your floor. you can walk to building B (through the end of the corridor) and catch one of the lifts there.
6) we originally were given a room on the interior (the place is 3 buildings with a large inside court yard). so being in KL all we could see were empty rooms. no view of anything.
7) that original room was dirty. dirty cutlery in the draws. faeces stuck to the bottom of the toilet seat. some of the furniture was chipping. scuff marks on the walls. laminate flooring lifting. no hot water. no television reception (no cable tv either). we complained about this and got moved to a higher floor with a view of the twin towers.
8) the new room had no internet. no washing machine. the windows aren't double glazed so you get the road noise from the express way which is just meters from the hotel. the bathroom smelt (i poured the htoel shampoo into the drains to mask the odour.)
9) when you arrive by taxi there are no signs telling you where to go to check in. you have to ask someone.
10) the breakfast provided is very average. and there is little provided. example - they bring out bread for the toast machine in 8 slice lots. there were no condiments to go with the toast. juice ran out pretty quickly.

this place (it's not a hotel, it is a residence) is like some one had built the building and then decided to make it into a hotel after looking at hotel trade magazines (i.e. they have no clue on what makes a good hotel).

I paid nearly US$300 for 2 nights and feel ripped off. I stayed my last night at the grand Millenium and wish I'd stayed there from the start

Room Tip: choose another place
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank al t

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here in Feb 2013 and really enjoyed my time here. With a lovely, new spacious room and nice bathroom I could fully relax in air conditioned comfort here in the studio room.

Further, I had full speed internet access in my room to keep me connected inbetween my trips out to nearby areas or to the rooftop & infinity pool. The distance from the city is great to enjoy the view away from the concrete jungle especially at night, and in the daytime to enjoy the natural scenery.

As the hotel was new it was a little difficult for taxi drivers to recognise where to go however that was not a problem as they spoke english and I could show them the map. There were some areas to complete building however I did not receive any disturbances from ongoing development. There was a gym that looked good to use, and brand new. The laundry facilities were superb. The receptionist was helpful and ordered taxis as I needed as there was currently no shuttle service up and running and the walkway to the station yet to be built. Overall not a problem as taxis were not expensive and it was very hot to walk. There was breakfast service available if you wanted however with a little planning you can buy plenty of groceries at the nearby Mall next to station before going to the hotel.

The hotel is new and the room and furnishings are nicely designed. There were all the things I needed in the room: clean, comfy bed, hot water, tea/coffee, decent shower, air conditioning and more: fridge, sofa, tv with multiple channels, large mirrors, large windows, spacious room, kitchen facilities and dishes.

The rooftop and infinity pool were definitely the highlight as I could enjoy the views, enjoy the sunset, wonder whether I can make it to sunrise and discover the wonders of the infinity pool. Good balance between enjoying the hotel and enjoying exploring KL too.

People I met in the hotel or around KL were friendly too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up to avoid traffic noise Ask for a room facing view you would prefer If you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank 1RealView

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

With the photos i thought woowww what a wonderful hotel... When i arrived all my dreams collapsed. First of all it is not ready for customers. Rooms are not ready also. There is not hot water at the rooms. We had to change 3 times room to find hot water. There is wireless only at the lobby and it is also terrible. Not so clean and there is nobody can help to you. You are alone and looking to find a bottle water breakfast or something you need.
I paid for two nights around 410 usd. 410 dollar to waste. Next time if i go to kuala lumpur ( i wish i will not) i will sleep outside on the banks. B

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends