“Good room for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Shandar

Hotel Shandar
Ranked #253 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Houston, TX
“Good room for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed there for a week and it was a good experience! I stayed on the 3rd floor. Internet was very fast. Room was spacious. Location of the hotel is very good and a lot of local shops are nearby.
Breakfast was very basic but ok. They didn't have a large room for breakfast but it wasn't too bad.
I think it's good for the money you pay. If you want better service then you need to look for higher ratings hotels but you will pay at least twice what you pay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Isam R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Slovak first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

First impression was OK but as time went by, I encountered a lot problems.
Firstly, the internet connection is the worse you can imagine. The wireless unit was found almost everywhere located on the ceiling on each floor but on the 5th. floor, it was useless. I complained to the reception about 3/4 times and the problem still went unresolved. The IT personnel was arrogant.....thinking that I didn't know one bit about networking or internet connection. A lot of air but no action. The problem went unresolved until I checked out the following day.
Secondly, the air conditioning in my room was leaking water. When I complained to the reception, they said they will sent somebody up to my room to check or do something but it went unheard.
Thirdly, I almost stepped on a rusty nail which was right under my bed. It shows that the room was not properly cleaned and inspected.
Finally, the service was bad. I had to go down to reception from the 5th. floor for about 3 to 4 times for each problem that I had and in the end........no action was taken and I just gave up on everything about this hotel.
I checked out and went home thinking to myself that this will be my First and the Last time I'll be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel if you can. You deserve better than what I had to go through.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JMP234JB

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

First of all we had a problem with keys from our room. At the reception they refused to give us 3 key. It was very uncomfortable for us, because each of us need a personal key. Then we asked it, staff was very unfriendly, they interrupting me, it was awful. So I call manager.
Each request was like the battle.
For example we asked to clean our room and left for the day. We returned late and was weary.... We found our room had not been cleaned.
After all... all staff didn't greet us, they doesn't appreciate their guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank HannahVerde
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Every day in this hotel was with problems like this:
- I call to reseption and tell - "Today housekeepers don't bring for me toilet paper" - "OK, we will bring it" - but they don't do it.
- I ask to cleen my room in morning, and when I return it evening, it's dirty.
- I ask to bring for me water (becouse they tell that I can have complimentary bottle of water every day) - they don't do it...
Reseptionists are very rough, don't listen for the clients, loudly interrupted.

Room was not bed - small, but clean, bed was good.

Room Tip: in room 505 good view and more comfortable chower
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Amanda_Meier
Rayong, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

So I was here on my visa run, and my first time in KL. The staff is friendly and always have a smile on their faces which is nice. The room was small, but it was clean and the bathroom was clean as well with a nice pressure in shower. Bed is very comfortable and soft. Wifi worked great as well, but the torrents are blocked. The location is hard to tell, since I dont know anything about KL, but the little I experienced is that its about 10 minutes walk from the closest monorail station. And about 5 minutes car ride from the Twin Towers. I paid around 90 ringgit for one night, and it was with breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was quite tame, and it was not that good. Some local food with noodles, instead of a normal breakfast.

There is a small shop just next door where you can buy stuff, and a 7/11 not so far away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Everdeen77
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

hotel staffs are nice and always greet you with a smile.. the room is clean and spacious with nice view of twin towers.. there's a good size cabinet, mini fridge, complimentary coffee/tea and biscuits, and nice a/c.. located near the twintowers and there's a kfc and 711 store nearby.. when we went out at night, the receptionist was helpful and had given us an advise about getting a taxi to avoid being ripped off by drivers... :) they still havent opened their restaurant yet so we didnt have our breakfast but they will give you a voucher for nearby cafeterias...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple