“Modern Style Hotel”

ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park
Ranked #64 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Situated near the heart of Kuala Lumpur City, this modern hotel with funky colours theme really is rather refreshing. Seem newly completed, the hotel was amidst some other unoccupied shopping/office buildings. Decorated in bright Green & orange, we were greeted by not your usual chandelier decked out lobby nor your front desk suited personnel. The ambience was casual and friendly. Ever ready with a smile front desk staff will check you in as efficient as possible.

Room was a reasonable size, but it was mostly taken up by the 2 big comfortable & cozy looking beds. Next to our window there was a lounge couch overlooking the pool, but otherwise the view was another building annexed to the hotel. Directly facing the beds was the good size ensuite bathroom with "peek-a-boo" see through glass. There was no bath tub but a shower stall, brightly decorated in their bright green theme. Heat & water pressure was good as well as the efficient cooling air-con. The mentioned beds proved to be very comfy with basic amenities like a working table, plenty of lighting and a very novel alarm clock with speakers that is iPhone compatible for playing your music and charging at the same time. Small gesture but greatly appreciated.

The stay was pleasant enough with close proximity to the MRT and some local food stores and restaurants. Which bring us to the in house restaurant which is sadly out of syn with the rest of the hotel. Food was tasteless and worst was morning breakfast that left most diners hungry (& angry) as food replenishment was rather slow and the spread was nothing to shout about.

Upside, we give thumbs up for ambience and comfort for the rooms. Staff was friendly and quite helpful. Location is good, though for the not familiar it can a little hard to find. Situated in a office area that is mostly vacant can be uncomfortable for some Downside, restaurant badly needs rethinking and there was NO provision for car park. Parking your vehicle will cost you extra. Day time parking was hourly rated @ RM2.50 while overnight after 6pm was a flat fee of RM5.00. Basement parking bays were plentiful but eerily quiet & vacant due to the unoccupied annexed office building that echoes with each closing of the car doors and heels clicking in the distance with every step you take.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ibisStylesKLFBP, General Manager at ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear GerardLaw,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your experience during your stay with ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park.

I was pleased to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay. Your positive feedback on the service by our team is most gratifying and will be shared with the entire Hotel as a motivation to exceed our guest expectation.

I am however sorry that you were inconvenienced with the buffet breakfast and your feedback has been taken on board. I have shared this issue with our Food & Beverage team and we apologise that the food was not replenished immediately and we will be discussing on how to improve food selection in buffet breakfast.

With regard to your comment on the parking lot and fee, based on the information provided by its management (the Hotel does not own parking lots), the parking rates per entry from 6pm to 7am is MYR2; first 2 hours is MYR2 and MYR1 is chargeable for each subsequent hours or part thereof. The Hotel also has a special flat rate of MYR5.00 which can be used for those that leave their car for a longer period.

We look forward to welcoming you back and serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's a quite new hotel, not easy to find by taxi but with a convenient walkway to the metro station (chan sow lin). It was very easy to travel within the city from this hotel. Rooms are small, but conveniently arranged. Beds are very comfortable.
Service is not that good, with not caring staff for most of them. However, I would say that the biggest disadvantage is the clientele. A lot of groups of Chinese people checked-in and out every day of our stay there, most of the time very late in the evening or early in the morning and that was creating a lot of noise.
I will not go back to this place because I need a minimum of silence and privacy while in a hotel. According to my colleague in KL, there are many other hotels, much comfortable for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank paris-eric

Dear paris-eric,

With regard to your comment about the staff, matters have been highlighted to the Managers and we will continue our training on customer service.

I completely understand your frustration with the noise level you heard from you room and will surely highlight this matter to our Front Office Department to allocate individual travellers on higher floors away from groups that arrive late in the evening or early in the morning. Please accept my sincere apology.

I thank you for your comments on the room and our strategic location which is a walking distance to the train station. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ehab q

Reviewed July 4, 2013

OK I would not have booked this one for myself. It was booked for a job interview by the interviewing company, and perhaps we got off on the wrong foot.

My flight was delayed meaning I didn't arrive at KLIA unto 0030am, for the interview next day. It is an hour by car into KLCC, assuming your Taxi Driver (and yes, I did as advised and booked a taxi in the terminal as per all the signage at KLIA, which i suspect is a great big farce aimed at giving the airport taxi monopoly a .... monopoly.) can find 1 Jalan Metro Pudu and the Ibis Styles Hotel. Mine couldn't. I dont blame him. Its in an industrial or Business Park and not easily found. So it was 0230 by the time I checked in.

OK its clean enough. The bed is ok. BUT:

You need to be a BIG fan of primary colours such as lime green and dog dick pink to find it restful. First time in my life I crave colour blindness.

Also, the bed side tables are miniscule, barely big enough for a glass of water plus your watch/phone.

Shower was ok. View: nothing to write home about. Train Station.

THE BIG ISSUE: The bloody noise from the plumbing. As the hotel started to awaken around 6am people began to have their morning toilet time. Each time any room above me (and there would have been more than 100 rooms above me) flushed the noise in my room was akin to someone throwing a bowling ball into a spinning gas turbine. And people do tend to wake up and use that particular facility. Often. By 0930 I gave up on sleep and got into work mode, but it was hardly what I would call a good 5 hours sleep.

In this day and age, plumbing and sound proofing are easily achieved. I doubt this is fixable. So I don't think I will bother staying here in the future. Also its not real close (like walking distance) to the city centre.

The staff were nice friendly and helpful, and I doubt I could be as cheery if my work uniform was lime green. Only Kermit could.

Room Tip: Yes.. choose a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear James F,

Thank you for choosing ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park and taking the time to convey your feedback with us.

I was sad to read your disagreement in our Hotel design and our corporate colour.

Though please know that we thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your stay at our Hotel and we will continue to enhance our service & product standards.

Dear İbis Style Management,
I and My husband generally liked your hotel.And its location or cleaning.

But it is your problem is about your staff.We unfortunately had a bad event in your restaurant with a Asian waiter.He was very unpolite and naughty.He behaved to me very rudely.
As I explained to you; Firsly he want me to wait for fresh croissant then he took them from owen and he walk another part of restaurant to put croissant on dishes.I was following him.Because he said 'wait'
And I thought that he was preparing them to servis and what a kind boy.But then he smiled to me and began to walk quickly ( I was following him because I could not understand)
Then He gave them to one asian women and smiled me again..
I baceme very angy.Because he sended up me knowingly.Then he gone with his friends and they began to laugh.
Believe me I began to cry because of nerve.I wont stay again to your hotels.
It was not suitable for customer relationship management.You have to work with kind and trained person.

And you also ask your restaurant manager this event.Because he saw everthing than he apologised me.
I am so sorry for you.Because you are a big company but you are not good enough to be professional.

Thanks ,Best regards.
Pınar Yiğit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tatiska81

Dear pinara81,

Thank you for choosing ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park and taking the time to convey your feedback with us and our valued forum members.

Firstly, let me apologise for the poor experience you had during your recent stay. I assure you that we as the Management team are constantly working to improve our valued guests experience and it is only through your feedback that we can achieve this. Please know that I will discuss further your feedback with my team to help us improve our guests experience and better manage our Hotel operations.

I will alert this matter to the F&B Manager for him to properly supervise them and to continue our training on customer service.

It is with sincere regret to know that you were served in an inappropriate manner. Please accept my sincere apology for your poor experience on this stay.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a wonderful 3 night stay. Marred though by our check in. The travel sight we booked through, Makemytrip had not confirmed or informed the hotel of our reservation. we had traveled from Genting Highlands and with a sleeping 2 year old, we were left waiting for 30 minutes before they checked us in. However, we were asked to charge an amount of 700rm. However upon confirmation from travel company, the hotel said the reversal will take place within 3 to 7 days. Sadly, we are STILL waiting for the refund, hence we feel like we paid double. YET, I reiterate that our STAY was excellent otherwise!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear ShamiaC,

I was pleased to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for choosing ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park.

I am however sorry for the inconvenienced you have encountered during your check in. We do require an early booking confirmation and sorry to know that it was not done by your travel agent. Please liaise directly with our Reservation Manager, Mr Syofriee, so that he can better assist you to get back your refund, if you have not gotten any.

We thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to having you back with us.