“Looks Good”

2. compliment to well trained staff,
3. there's a few good hang out place,
4. room are tidy and clean ,
5. average food

Overall this place has a great hang out place for business and leisure, for a sub-urban

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank xilzue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Frankly speaking, I used to book Le Club Accorhotel just to collect number of night and points for rebate. Mostly Accorhotel does give me a good impression only until this stay. It withdrawn almost all rapport that was built by previous stays in other brands under Accorhotel:
1. Upon arrival, the system was down (just right before my payment card was going to slot into the machine). The receptionist has jotted down my credit card details (number, card holder name, expiry date) and the CCV code behind the card! The reason was: PROCEDURE. I would not ask her to erase or do anything as she might had remembered merely the three digit. (Fortunately no fraud transaction happened so far, should I thank to myself for being lucky or the receptionist who being honest?)
2. The room cards were unable to produce due to system down, henece, she brought us to the rooms and scan the master access card so that my colleague and I can enter the room. The first room was done for my colleague but my room was unable to open by master access card. So I decided to kill my time in the lobby to wait for my actual room card without asking the receptionist to get another master access card and follow her to my doorstep and try my fate out (actually my temper instead)
3. The room has no WiFi nor wired internet connect, only in lobby (WiFi and a desktop).
4. The breakfast was barely a typical breakfast (2 carbohydrate food, egg, sausage, a type of meat, and vege. some pastries and bread, 2 type of fruits, broth with condiments, 2 type of juices, coffee and tea, milk and breakfast cereals, that's all I able to recall).
5. The biggest let down was the promise in during purchase in Le Club Accorhotel. It stated that I was purchase for a package so called 'Fly Me to Paris' and some gadget contest (just forgot about the fancy prizes, I never come across to bring anyone of them home). The condition stated a room was attached to FREE Breakfast (granted), 24 hours internet use (unless you sleep in lobby and shower in staff toilet) and MYR50 of F&B voucher (the receptionist said not applicable, upon called to Accorhotel customer careline, after a long long verification and explanation to them, they asked me to refer to the term and conditions, I read out, they are helpless and threw the question back to me and the receptionist). End up I have to write an immediate feedback and received an ackonwlegement right after few seonds, but the official reply is yet to receive at the moment I was writing this review.
6. Lastly, normally the hotel will email a link for the customer to write the review about the hotel. When I clicked the link on 9th Dec 2012, it shown Tripadvisor unable to fulfill the request until right now I have to create a new review without linked.
Afterall, there are still some pros of this hotel (only if you willing to read all six grievances above and continue reading):
1. The hotel is new. Just few months commenced. That's why I not put the blames (mostly) to staff, as they will improve in time.
2. There are plenty of shops (to be occupied and operated in future), banks and a shopping mall within walking distance.
3. Parking spaces are plenty (may be will be limited after the business park is blooming and the residence apartment is occupied)
4. The points credited after few days. It's only the promptness I can see and more pro-active than my expectation.
KL city is always accompanied with traffic jamms. So I not going to elaborate it further.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank HS_YEOH84

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice with modern design. The view is terrible since it's in the middle of nowhere and we can only view old flats with no nice surrounding. I think this area is not suitable for hotel since it doesn't have any attractive tourist attraction nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Siti2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for twice. My 1st experience was not as expected for a reputable group of hotels company. As I was given wrong information on the time to check-in and made me went in and out for three times just to check-in, and didn't get the suite room I wanted. Staying in here for twice, I had the same experience waking up during midnight due to false fire alarm. Which I don't understand why it's happened??
However, my second time staying here was totally different experience from the first time, thanks to a very helpful front desk staff name Yani (an indian girl). She managed to blocked off the suite room I booked, and fulfilled my special request to check-in early. During my check-in time I met up with another front desk staff name, Amram (a malay guy) also very informative and helpful. Being in hospitality industry, I do think both of them does has the potential to be successful. Carrying the right attitude and passion with their job I give Thumbs up for both of them. Certainly will come back again because of them.
My conclusion, this hotel still worthwhile to try, but a much clearer booking room types (especially on promo rooms) should be precised as what your brand promised. Thank you again for the wonderful stays. :)

Room Tip: Not many good restaurants around the area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zz10
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

for the new hotel its good.room nice,but to hard to find this hotel.maybe your gm should put more sign board!all front office staff is so nice n friendly.but one of the staff name nicole should more confidence when handling me.she look so nervous and not give a information about this hotel.improve breakfast n service staff at coffe house should know how to speak english.to add more security in the lobby.one suggestion from me.your hotel not spousely put girl staff when working in the night shift bcoz i can see only one front office staff working on the night.its not safe for girl to work alone on night time.but for me ibis balakong is a good hotel.hope improve your service.the service is not bad like two comment that i read from trip advisor below.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank chung_melissa
Puchong, Malaysia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Being a reputable brand, one would expect one's booking to be handled professionally. Instead the front counter staff throw away the hotel's reputation out the door the moment my check-in details were processed. They never gave me the room which I requested though I have a written email to confirm my room type. Their excuse: 1) the room i requested was under rennovation. 2) the rooms were fully booked. For a newly opened hotel, one would be surprised they are still carrying out rennovation works when they still have occupants!! The lame excuse they gave didn't sit well with me. I promptly packed my bags and checked out of this miserable hotel. They failed to acknowledge it's mistake, didn't apologized, had poorly trained staff and tried to lied it's way out of it's mistake. Obviously, they think customers are fools. Becareful of this hotel, service is terrible (handsdown).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Gr7-my
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked a Suite 1 King Size Bed, with special request high floor, quiet non-smoking room. When I checked in, I was given a queen size bed room at low floor. Obviously the hotel is not full house, cause there no one at the lobby, not many cars parking outside, very quiet hotel. I called the reception asking why I was not given a king size suite, she answered sorry, full house. Then I'm not happy and I asked to see manager. The front office supervisor namely Ms Hafida said manager was on leave that day Saturday. She then told me all the suite room was not available due to maintenance. I was shocked as my booking stated King size suite. No one ever call me informing me no more suite. I felt cheated by the online promotion: free room under ibis style KL hour opening special. No king size suite available but website allowed people to book for king size suite. You can try it and see. If King suite is not available, ibis should remove it from their booking page so that it won't confuse other customer as well. Overall, stay away from this hotel if you're not around balakong area. This hotel is near to Mines resort but be careful when you book for King size suite as they will end up telling you they do not have a King size suite although this room is available for booking online.

Room Tip: Be careful when you book for King size suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family