“1 Great Night”

Ranked #2 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Buffalo, New York
“1 Great Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this property one night passing through to go to gem island. This hotel made me wish I was staying longer. First of all they accommodated me needing an early check in. And gave us an amazing room. By far the best hyatt and best hotel room I have stayed in. It was like a room out of the jetsons. A huge bathroom, a great view, and a shower with a city view that you could press a button and it magic blacked out. It was awesome. A lot of people are complaining about the elevators. I loved it. The lobby is on the top floor with only one access point to it. The rooms are on a private elevator system. And made us feel extra safe. Next the staff was incrediable. The gentlemen who checked us in was great. And I must state Aliff is a great assest to your hotel. A polite and helpful young man who helped me find the best exchange rate for my money and personally walked me to it. Great worker! The hotel pool is also amazing. It is like an oasis in the middle of a city. At night it is one of the best views in a city I have ever seen. Oh yah and the chocolates we got as an amenity was amazing. Thanks for amazing stay. If you stay here you'll love it. We wished we could have stayed longer

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irish311
GHKualaLumpur, Director of Sales and Marketing at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are glad to hear that even though you stay was brief, it was a memorable, and we thank you for taking time to share this with us. We agree that the views from the sky lobby are beautiful, and are pleased you enjoyed both the views and the extra security provided by the dual elevator system. It's also nice to know that our staff made such a positive impression on you from the beginning at check-in. We will certainly pass on the compliments for their exceptional service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime when you can stay with us for a while longer.

Courtenay Dundy
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The room was very spacious, almost as big as a junior suite is other hotels and every corner of the room was perfect. Bathroom was astonishingly nice and bed oh so comfy!! Their service was very attentive and I think this is my favorite out of all Park and Grand Hyatts in the world.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shanghaijules
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I ended up at the Grand Hyatt in KL when an 8-day business trip to Malaysia became a 13-day trip with an five days in KL. This was one of the nicer, friendliest, attentive hotels that I have ever stayed at. This are little downfalls along the way but not enough to keep it from an "Excellent".

First the positives...the service from the minute I walked in the door til I left. The lunch poolside - the food and the service - were really good and a pleasant experience. The room was amazing - Always clean though it was a little troublesome (to me) how the lights were always left on.

Slight downfalls - top level lobby, inconsistent wireless (though more early in my stay).

I would stay here again and really recommend it to travelers to KL.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ei and Aar S
GHKualaLumpur, Director of Sales and Marketing at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your extended time at our hotel although we know an extended business trip isn't always pleasant. We agree that Poolside is a great place to have lunch, and recommend if you are staying with us on a Friday that you try our Poolside evening BBQ that starts next month. Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.

Courtenay Dundy
Director of Sales and Marketing
Melbourne AU
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Every time you want to leave the hotel to get to the outside world you need to get in a lift, go to the TOP floor, walk across to another lift lobby, wait for another lift, and go down to the ground floor. That's because the reception desk is on the top floor. The view from the top floor is impressive. And when you first check in it is an impressive first impression to see the KL skyline, especially if (like me) you happen to check in at night. But for the remainder of my stay it was horribly inconvenient to always have to travel in two lifts, and in two different directions in order to leave the building. The room was nice, the staff were friendly and the hotel is very well located near KLCC but the top floor reception that you are FORCED to travel UP to EVERY TIME you want to go DOWN to the street level is the reason I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank gwerdna
Cavite
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Good:
A beautiful hotel room, a gogeous view of the Petronas Towers, luxurious toiletries. Nice Club Lounge, 24 hour gym, pretty little pool. Great location too - walking distance to KLCC.

The Horrible:
To get to the lobby, you go to the 38th floor.
To get to your room (floors 17-36), you got to the 38th floor, then go BACK down.
We had a convention on the first floor. No, there is no direct way to get down to the conference rooms without riding at least 2 elevators. I seriously got motion sickness after 3 days of these elevators!

The Ok:
The bed was hard. I wonder if all the beds were hard? Thank goodness the pillows were great!

Food was pretty bland though I respect that it was healthy, and Halal. I was very very hungry after a day.
And be warned.. the "portobello mushroom burger" actually has a giant mushroom instead of a burger patty. Not "on top of" ... "instead of".

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Yaroslavl, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

the rooms 2was great the view was amazing, what we didnt liked it is the fact that internet is NOT FREE u need to pay 20$ it is so old fashion and turn me off... i would stay in this hotel again but the fact that i need to pay for internet 20$ everyday turn me off so next time i will stay in hotel with free ienternet.i think all 5 stars hotels should ake it free. tHE FOOd was great we take room service and its was tasty... bed shower etc was very good as well. i would give 4 stars to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lexa l
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was the most luxurious, relaxing, attentive, stylish, refreshing hotel experience of my life.

My biggest regret was that I did not discover the steam and dry sauna until my last day.
The floor to ceiling windows look out on to the KL towers and a dramatic skyline.
The staff was ridiculous in how attentive they were.
Sure it's more expensive than other KL hotels, but the value is incredible.
Upgraded to a luxury suite for a couple of nights. This was the largest room I've ever had, and I travel extensively. Everything is new, contemporary, gorgeous. I felt like a rock star and was treated as such. Don't bother staying any where else. Also - located right next to the convention center which made life easy. I put breakfast down a couple of notches only because there's just one choice - the $26 buffet. Wish I could just order a la cart other than for room service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business