“New and Luxurious”

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #2 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed for one night at the Grand Hyatt in KL while on a business trip. The hotel is in a great position very close to the Convention Centre and Petronas Towers. The lobby/reception is on the top floor (30 something). Different lifts from the lobby/reception take you down to your room. I was on the 28th floor. The bedroom provided amazing views of KL with full height and width glass. The bedroom was exceptionally large and was well laid out . The furnishings and bedding were luxurious. I understand that the hotel is very new and that clearly showed in the quality and cleanliness of everything. Breakfast, too, was excellent and the staff were fabulous - I went at 6.00am (I was catching a fairly early flight). Had lunch at the outside area of the bar and was served some great local food. Definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a long time.

1  Thank FairCityFrasie
GHKualaLumpur, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Many thanks for your wonderful comments. I am glad to read you enjoyed the stay! Whilst I am happy to know you enjoyed the hardware, and our excellent location in the heart of this beautiful city, it is your praise for the service at 6am that is especially great to hear. I am sure our early bird staff will be delighted to hear that. Also great to note the local food was a highlight. Certainly we are proud to showcase Malaysian Cuisine in JP teres. You cannot come to KL and not try the local food which ourt team are proud and honoured to serve you. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best regards,
Robert Dallimore

Write a ReviewReviews (2,996)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've been wanting to stay at the Grand Hyatt KL ever since the opening. So on a spontaneous FRIDAY morning whim, we bought our flights online, KL bound, for a weekend away. The Hotel reservation website was down (technical error), so I emailed GHKL directly,thinking that if there was no response, no big deal, we just cancel the trip. 30 mins later, lovely Amylia calls me to say she'd received my email, and what category of room would I like etc...Lovely! room booked, plane tiks booked, I arranged hotel limo (BMW) etc, it could not have been any easier, door to door, SIN-KUL-GHKL 4 hours. The room was AMAZING, large and comfortable, great use of space and mirrors. Love the bath/shower, walk in wardrobe. Room service fast and the food was yummy! Our flight back was an 8.30pm on a Sunday. i requested for late check-out and the sweet person said SURE! 4pm. then on second thought, hmm what are we gonna do between 4-6pm before we head to the airport? KLCC...again??? nah. So i called front desk and was willing to pay the extra whatever to extend the room till 6pm. and they said SURE no worries, no extra charge! 100 Marks for that! so once again, no hassle, from door-to-door GHKL-KLIA-SIN....i was in my own bed by 11pm. Mr Dallimore. Congratulations. Kudos to your team who extended great Malaysian hospitality even without knowing who we were. so you can bet your last ringgit, we will be back soon. Best regards, Hossan & Paul.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hossan L
GHKualaLumpur, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. Your review made our day!
Such positive comments are definitely a powerful voice with the focus on the definitive moments that highlighted your weekend stay.

We are glad that the team took care of your needs, from Amylia, the culinary masters at room service to the flexibility shown by the team at the front desk. We will certainly share this with the team. Such comments are truly appreciated.

We are delighted your stay was that enjoyable for you and look forward to welcoming both of you back for another weekend escape!

Robert Dallimore

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Grand Hyatt is well positioned - just next to the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre and the Petronas Towers. My corner room was all glass with fantastic views from floor to ceiling windows. The beds and linens were exceptional with a comfortable desk to set up for work and lounges in various corners of the room. The kind of room you don't want to leave. This was good, because getting in and out of the hotel was a bit disorienting. Here the lobby was on the top floor and all guest rooms were below it. No problem, except you had to pass the lobby to get to lifts down to leave the building... Up / Down, repeat... Beyond this, the were no complaints. This is a hotel worth a return. I'm already looking forward to my trip back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GHKualaLumpur, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the linens and guest room layout, along with the views of the KLCC area. We are sorry, though, that you found the lift system disorienting. During your next visit please allow us to show you another way to reach the Ground Floor from your guest room, via the spa on the 2nd Floor. We hope you will find that path a bit less disorienting.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,
Keith Massey
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2013

what an amazing hotel, great location with a wonderful view of the
Petronas twin towers,hotel staff is very friendly, food in their restaurants is
quite good, the rooms are spacious with beautiful bathrooms. Elevators are a bit
confusing. The overall experience is excellent, looking for a hotel in KL
this is the place, I recommend it highly

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

What an absolute Gem of a hotel.
I booked through the Hyatt website,and registered in their loyalty program, giving me an membership immediately.
Upon arriving at the hotel,I was greeted and smiled too in a way you would expect from a 5 star hotel.
Made my way to the lobby and check in on a high floor.
Spectacular view of the Petronas Towers from here.
Very quickly i got checked in and upgraded due to my loyalty membership to a club room, allowing me the benefit of the club facility as well as the room which was beautiful.

This was a great start to my first time Hyatt experience.
Amazing view of the park, with brand new everything!

shower and bath was luxurious as were the bathroom amenities and bath soaps.a complimentary jar of sweets,jelly babies and marshmallows is an absolute stunning value add in my opinion, and something which i have never experienced at any other luxury 5 star hotel i have stayed in anywhere in the world.
the room was all in all fantastic.
the service was very professional and courteous.somehow everybody knew my name and i only stayed here for 1 night.
the club breakfast area in the morning for breakfast was superb and high class macadamias and cheeses await the connoisseurs, as well as breathtaking view of the Petronas from this area whilst sipping a espresso and reading your newspaper,whilst the wife sits and takes a picture of you with the Petronas Towers in your background.simply awesome.
location was perfect for all the big malls,restaurants and nightclubs all within walking distance from here, and taxis are always on standby at hotel.
in a nutshell, a great experience.i cant flaw The Mandarin they set the standards all the years, i somehow see this hotel superseding it and the Shangri La in KL very soon,if it hasn't already!
is it worth the money? yes,its high class value at an semi expensive rate, but worth every cent if you can pay $20 more than the other 2 hotels.

would i stay here again? this is now my hotel of choice, with the loyalty system in place i am sure to enjoy more benefits along the way.just my 25c,hope you enjoy!

Room Tip: 30 th floor and above with the petronas view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mojay_9
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I were fortunate to stay at this brand spanking new hotel. I felt the nightly rate we paid compared to what other hotels were asking, we got A LOT at the Hyatt. The rooms are spacious with beautiful bathrooms. The service is amazing, the views from the top floor (where you check in) are also amazing. You see the Petronas Towers from the top floor. At night you will see a lot of dignitaries come to the hotel to have dinner, drinks and party. In the afternoon they have "high tea" where they have a multitude of snacks and drinks available. The concierge was amazing, they mapped out our whole 3 days in KL so we could get the most of it. We were excited to go to KL but this hotel just made our stay even more memorable. The location of this hotel can not be beat either, it is steps from the Petronas Towers, steps from an overpass walkway that connects to the shopping mall (which has great restaurants) and Jalon Alor (which has a lot of yummy street food). In my opinion, book the Hyatt and don't look anywhere else, it's the newest and most contemporary hotel in KL.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank auzperez

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and the service you experienced during your stay. We are glad we were able to contribute to your memorable stay here in Kuala Lumpur, and will certainly recognize the Concierge Team for the assistance they provided.

We hope we have the chance to see you again at our hotel.

Regards,
Keith Massey
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights earlier this month while on a business trip. Other than the location, and the restaurant JP Teres, it has really nothing going for it:

1. Confusing layout - for e.g., you take a direct lift to the top floor "lobby" to check in...then take another set of lifts around the circular-shaped lobby to your room below. Want to go down stairs to leave the hotel, or meet someone? Take the lifts UP to the "lobby", walk around the bend (now...was that to the right or left...) and take a different set of lifts down to the ground floor. My advice: try not to come back to or leave the hotel if you're drunk.

2. Rooms - too many buttons and dials for lighs, privacy screens etc. It was clean. But then again this is a new hotel.

3. Breakfast choices - bad...because you HAVE to have it at Thirty8. JP Teres only opens for lunch. The service and food at Thirty8 is really bad. Really...really...bad.

4. Entertaintment - Someone mentioned that you cannot smoke at the lounge called Thirty8. He was right. So if, like me, you need a cigar or cigarette with your alcohol, have your drink at the restaurant JP Teres on the ground floor. But that's only if it doesn't rain, because you can only smoke at the outdoor area of the restaurant. Now the restaurant isn't too bad, because the service and the food is definitely much better than Thirty8....but it closes at 11.30pm. Haha. Drink really fast.

5. Sounds like this hotel doesn't cater to smokers? You bet! I came back to the hotel late (2am) after some meetings, and realised I have finished my cigarettes. Called room service for a pack. Was informed that they don't sell cigarettes after the restaurant on the ground floor closes (i.e. 11.30pm). You're out of luck, sir, would you like us to send someone out to buy? However, we will have to charge you for the taxi that he takes to run that errand.

You've gotta be kidding me. I hung up the phone, went downstairs (went up, then down, of course) and crossed the road (approximately 10 meters) to Impiana Hotel where the lobby restaurant was cooking up something that smelled delicious, and bought a pack of cigarettes right over the counter. I wonder where the Hyatt concierge needed a taxi to.

7  Thank ohmyvalveitsclosing