““Perfect view””

Ranked #2 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
““Perfect view””
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is rather new and it’s beautiful. I got upgrade for the room, which has a view to Petronas Towers, amazing! A but confusing was at the beginning when the hotel lobby is actually on the last floor and when you need to go out of the hotel you have to go up first, walk through the lobby, take another elevator to go down and out of the hotel. But then we got used to this. The facilities are nice: beautiful the pool, gym and sauna. Housekeeping was very efficient and quick. The overall stay was rather comfortable: the bed is huge, rain shower is nice, not lots of TV programs though, could be more, but we were not watching TV that much anyways.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zarina K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 27, 2013

What I like:

1. The room design. Probably because it is a very new hotel.
2. Nice hotel lobby with the bar.
3. Nice location to anywhere.

What I don't:

1. Poor selection for breakfast despite the high price.
2. Poor service by the waiters at thirty8- they seems to be more attentive to those europeans. I have incident whereby I request to sit near to the piano when there is place available but was not in the end and they offered to some europeans who comes later without reservation. While the europeans declined to sit there but yet they don't bother to ask us whether if we want to sit there or not. I feel they just reserve the best seats to those they think suitable of.. which I think its a bit biased.
3. Again poor service by waiters there- I have ordered a few things that did not come in the end. I feel the waiters are just not interested to serve.
4. The lights in the rooms is very confusing. Difficult to control. No master switch to switch all the lights.
5. very small bath tub.

Room Tip: choose with KLCC view otherwise no view at all from other side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank createworld
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very nice and if you have the view on the twin tower, it is exceptional. ..
Very nice bathroom...
Bed is terrible unfortunately.

I took my breakfast at the Executive Lounge... the quality of the breakfast is not acceptable. ... bread and bakery are not fresh, no refield for tea..
We order eggs ! 2 poached eggs... look at the photo attached ! No garnish, no toast...
I thought Grand Hyatt has an Executive Chef... it seems that they dont have !

The evening cocktail was very disappointed. .. on top of that, no afternoon tea at the club

To summarise, dont take the executive club benefits...

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank pascaldebangkok
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2013

From a penthouse level lobby, restaurant and bar to true 5 star luxury touches and finish, this is the place to stay in KL. The rooms are well fitted with the key components of great bed, spacious, functional working area, excellent WiFi connectivity (for those of you who travel to KL for business you'll understand that value ;-) and a bath to die for although there is an odd configuration where sink is around the corner from bath facilities. The room also has a good layout for closeting; enough room to put your suitcase in the closet with all storage spaces. Lighting can be confusing in a somewhat typical APAC way- switches everywhere making bedtime an adventure in getting all shut down. I arranged for use of the concierge level meeting room- a great 12 person capable room with a wondrous view of the Petronas towers- great for customer meetings.

Room Tip: Anything facing the Petronas Towers will dazzle your nights!!
7 Thank kvf1
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have a travel business and have an upgrade room, all of the information we need during our stay was handled by Naomi at the Club Lounge. She is the best employee to handle the guest. Greatly appreciate for the help to get the tea out side KL.
I enjoy the stay, especially the room with a view of Twin Tower.
Really recommended if you travel to KL. Very easy to go around

Room Tip: deluxe room with a view (twin tower view)
1 Thank Poetoe_28
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is new and the room is rather spacious. The bathroom has a 'privacy' function that allows instant visibility block off from the room. Otherwise, you can watch the telly through the glass while having a nice rain shower. Comfort level is high. However, there are some aspects that made my stay not as great.

When I checked into the room, the temperature was extremely cold. I could not locate the temperature switch as it was not near the doorway. When I finally found it, I saw that the room was at 18 degree ! Is that really necessary ?? Isnt that very environmentally unfriendly ?

While they are in general very polite, the hotel staff did not seem to possess the service flare as you can tell that it's a forced/unnatural behaviour. Their knowledge of the area and recommendation on dining was also very limited. In fact, no one could make any specific recommendation when I asked for good restaurants. Just told me to go to KLCC and find it myself.

A bizarre and creepy thing happened to me one night. I tend to keep some lights turned on when I sleep in an unfamiliar place. I couldnt turn off the standing light at the sofa so I kept that switched on. I woke up in a startle and found myself in total darkness. I reached out to turn on the lights but even before my hand came closed to the switch, the room lights turned on. All lights came up, including lights that had a manual switch. The temperature in the room began to get lower and it was a terrifying rest of the night I had in there. The room number was 3001.

So I am torn as to whether I should return to this hotel or try others. I will be travelling to KL regularly and some of these incidents made me think twice if it's a good choice for me.

1 Thank Bluefish7
tsgbhalf
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic sleeping room facing the city park. My room was spacious, well designed and noise insulation worked well.

Meeting rooms had good acoustics, good food with attentive service.

The location was great. The fitness center is well equipped.

Worthy of a return visit.

Stayed May 2013
GHKualaLumpur, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your first stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,