“so cute”
Review of SS City Hotel

SS City Hotel
Ranked #276 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the standard queen room. It's a very small room, but I loved it. It's so cozy, with clean bedding, good lighting. There isn't much floor space to walk (you can only get into bed on one side) but it wasn't a problem as there is plenty of storage under the bed. The shower is very clean. The host was friendly and humorous, they give you free waters with the room, it's close to the 14th largest mall in the world (if you're into shopping) and the train station. My only complain is that the walls are quite thin, so we heard people talking in the halls.

Room Tip: As for the standard queen room: it's good for a no-frills, budget couple. Not much floor space
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sehow

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed here for one night but we were very impressed. Whilst it is a little more expensive than other 'budget' hotels, it doesn't feel like a budget hotel. The room, whilst compact, was very clean and looked good. The staff, especially a guy called Kevin, were friendly and helpful and the location is extremely good. I would stay here again if I was to revisit KL.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank thecarlos
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The service staff (Ken) is friendly and helpful. Even though there is no free parking available, there are ample lots just outside the hotel at only 80sen per hour which is really affordable. The towels are new and fresh, the pillows are fluffy, the toilet is sparkling clean. The room is small but it is cosy and adequate. Free wifi and cable tv works well. It is only 5 mins walk from the shopping district. One cannot ask for more at just RM100 per night. I'll be back !

• Stayed: December 2012
dannylp16, General Manager at SS City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing SS City Hotel for your recent stay in Kuala Lumpur, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I hope to see you again for your next trip.

Mr Danny Tee
SS City Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well, what can I say.. The location is perfect! The staff is very nice and tried to help as much as they could do when we saw that the room was WAY to small to fit us and our luggage. I`m not kidding, the room we got didn`t even fit our luggage at the floor-space avalible. They had one big room avaible (the one they have at the pictures at this site) they showed us the day after, but at that time we already desided to move to another hotel. And yeah, be sure you only book/pay for one day if you have not been there before, - it was not possible to get money back for the three days we desided not to stay there. (We booked and paid trough Agoda, Agoda policy)

Funny thing - we got the "Hello Kitty"-room in second floor the one night we desided to stay. Even if the room was small as the toilet in a submarine, we had a laugh. I felt like a 7 year old girl again. And my boyfriend felt like a pedofile, hahah...! ;-)

But to sum up - the room was clean, had everything (tv,phone,aircon,drinking water) and if you dont need much space, this is perfect..! And since the staff tried to do everything to help us find a bigger room, I`ll give them extra points for their effort. Free Wifi!

(To girls/shoppers: The biggest shoppingmalls in KL are just 15 meters from the hotel. Go wild!)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
dannylp16, General Manager at SS City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing SS City Hotel for your recent stay in Kuala Lumpur. I hope you enjoyed your trip in Malaysia.

I was truly delighted to know that you are happy with our service and rest assured we will attend to each request at the best we can to fulfill every guest’s expectations.

It is unfortunate that you have decided to cut short your stay with us. However, I truthfully hope to have the chance to serve you again for your next trip to Kuala Lumpur as we do have larger and more spacious rooms, while maintaining its affordability pricing.

Thank you once again from all of us at SS City Hotel, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Mr Danny Tee
SS City Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed November 6, 2012

After staying most of our time in 5 star hotels, I considered - based on the ratings here - to give it a try and have chosen this hotel.

Thinking about the cheap rates, I was really extremely surprised, what we got for the money,
We've stayed the first night in a standard twin room (about 6 sqm?) and switched the 2nd night into the King size.

Depending on your needs, both of the rooms are more the enough to explore KL so I can't imagine which service can ba added on top for 100 bucks additionally, which you have to pay in other upperclass hotels in KL.

Perfect selection for KL - would recommend it without any remarks.

On top - Wifi is for free and really fast.

On point to keep in mind - Friday to Saturday is obviously party night in K, so rates are little bit higher and it could be louder late night as on other days.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Invocation
dannylp16, General Manager at SS City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Warm Greetings from SS City Hotel!

First of all, we wish to thank you for your kind words and we are happy that you enjoyed staying with us. We always strive to upkeep our rooms to our best ability so that you can have a good night rest. To us, low rates do not necessary means we need to cut corners. Your review will definitely motivate all of us here.

We do hope to see you again in the future. Cheers!

Best regards from all of us at SS City Hotel.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here just one night earlier this week. The hotel is well-located, being just a short walk down the hill from Imbi monorail station. It also has a 7/11 and several restaurants, cafes nearby. The reception staff were friendly & efficient and the hotel has a lift. The room was clean & tidy, but the very comfortable queen-sized bed nearly took up the entire room. I stayed alone but if i had my partner with me she wouldn't have been able to get out of the bed without clambering over the top of me. The wi-fi didn't work so well & the LCD TV only had a handful of channels, and only ESPN and Cinemax in English. The bathroom was also tiny but had hot water & nice big towels. I would suggest this hotel is only suitable for a short stay (1-2 days) and only for solo travellers, unless they have bigger rooms, as there is hardly any room for luggage. I would rate it a 5-6/10.

Room Tip: There was construction work going on opposite the hotel when i stayed there which could be noisy at...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Wally3016
dannylp16, General Manager at SS City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

First of all, we'd like to thank you for your review. We appreciate that you enjoyed staying in our hotel. We pride ourselves in maintaining the cleanliness and making sure that all our guests have a good nite sleep in our comfortable beds.

We acknowledged the fact that most of our rooms are not as spacious as we would like them to be. However, depending on one's budget, we do have much bigger rooms to offer. Apart from the Deluxe Queen rooms, we also have the Deluxe Kings and also a Business Suite that offers bigger beds and space. In weeks to come, we will open our Penthouse; which is a Duplex room with its own jacuzzi!

So, we in the future, we do hope to see you and your friend to come and stay with us again. We will still offer you the best value in town.

And once again, thank you for staying with us.

Till we meet again, cheers!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I love staying at budget accommodations and SS City Hotel is one of few that I would like to revisit (when I'm visiting KL again). Here's why

It's a stone throw from Berjaya Times Square and Imbi monorail station. A little further and its Sungei Wang / Pavilion Mall (there's a new covered aircon walkway that links to KLCC Twin Towers). That makes SS City Hotel a ideal stay for those who are planning to do a lot of shopping or sightseeing at KL.

Our room was tiny but well designed to utilize the room space. Even for a big size Asian like me, it doesn't feel cramp or claustrophobic. Our room was well lighted and the deco design in the room looks very cheery. There's window in the rooms too (It provides ventilation and many budget hotels rooms are windowless)

Another important feature for travelers these days would be the free wifi. SS City Hotel provides them and it works well in our room.

Last but not least , there's lift in this hotel. Another feature that's missing from many other budget hotels nearby. It comes in handy when you got huge luggage or many shopping bags to lug back up to the room.

SS City Hotel might be a bit pricy than some of the other budget hotels nearby but being brand new, it's overall cleanness, it's thoughtfulness in design and pleasant service, I felt that the price is worth it for a good night rest. SS City Hotel comes highly recommended

PS: If you wonder what does SS stands for, just check the lobby deco out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends