Sunbow Hotel Residency
$82
$79
Pullman
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$131
$100
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$196
$153
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$80
$96
$95
$90
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$137
$99
Trip.com
All reviewsbukit bintangalor streetthe room was niceclean roomsmrt stationcouple of nightschoose this hotelstayed here for nightsperfect locationimbimall
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been to KL for almost 10 times in 2012 switching in between 5stars hotel and 3stars hotel.This time around,I decided to try out Sunbow cos I've been reading all the positive reviews about it and since my trip this time around is to celebrate countdown and new year and party and party,I deicded to go for a no frills hotel..and what matters the most is that it's new and clean!Love the room,the spanking new tiles,the cool toilet layout..sliding frosted doors are sexy!Everything seems new for the room, I can't find any fault with this hotel for sure..Their staffs are friendly and helpful as well.There's only one downside that I want to highlight..the waiting of the lift!!How I wish the other lift is working..Other than that,this hotel is a hidden gem!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank lolahearts
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Few comments about this hotel:

1. Long amount of time waiting for the lift to finally sent us to the 10th floor (Lobby)
2. The hotel is the same building with the resident living in the apartment.
3. Receptionist was ok
4. The bell-boy was very helpful and friendly
5. I was shocked to find out that my room was very clean and the toilet design is superb, considering the amount of price i paid for this hotel.
6. The bed is comfortable enough for me.
7. The NASI Lemak downstairs is delicious. Hehe

Room Tip: Near to everything you need in KL
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed there a couple of nights. The hotel is the 10th floor of an old building. The building looks a bit run down, but the hotel is nicely renovated and looks very modern inside. Everything was very clean, the staff were nice and helpful and the location was great, as it is close to metro, shops and restaurants. All in all, nothing to complain about!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is hidden away in the back of Bukit Bintang with a pretty good location. Close to restaurants, bars, public transport and lots & lots & lots & lots of shopping - don't think I have seen so many shopping malls before....!!
Hotel is located on the 10th floor & you can be waiting a little while for the lift - nice little trick is to take one of the other lifts to the 9th then walk the rest of the way (just not with luggage!).
The receptionists are friendly enough, not the most helpful in the world when it comes to answering questions about the area, but friendly none the less.
Rooms are very modern, nice comfy beds, aircon, TV, etc.
Big clean bathroom. Our shower never really got hot, just kinda luke warm. I do have to admit though I'm not too keen on this new trend of having bathroom walls/doors that are made out of frosted glass. I know it looks trendy and funky but I don't like knowing that whoever is in the bedroom can still see my outline/shadow whilst I'm sat on the toilet doing.........(don't worry I won't go into any more detail, you get the point).

If I ever return to KL I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

In the busy backdrop of Bukit Bintang, it can sometimes seem difficult to find a hotel that is clean, modern and offers value for money. Sunbow Hotel residency was a welcome surprise in an area that is perfectly located in the midst of this vibrant city. An unusual venue, occupying one only floor of the Sun complex, the hotel offers all new rooms that are reasonably spacious and fully equipped. We had no problems with the wifi whatsoever, and even found the staff generous in voluntary offering the use of their umbrellas when they knew it was raining outside. Housekeeping staff were professional and efficient. The location is ideal for business people close to the Low Yat Plaza and nearby major shopping centres and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business