“My best KL enclave so far!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunbow Hotel Residency

Sunbow Hotel Residency
Ranked #38 of 322 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“My best KL enclave so far!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been to KL for almost 10 times in 2012 switching in between 5stars hotel and 3stars hotel.This time around,I decided to try out Sunbow cos I've been reading all the positive reviews about it and since my trip this time around is to celebrate countdown and new year and party and party,I deicded to go for a no frills hotel..and what matters the most is that it's new and clean!Love the room,the spanking new tiles,the cool toilet layout..sliding frosted doors are sexy!Everything seems new for the room, I can't find any fault with this hotel for sure..Their staffs are friendly and helpful as well.There's only one downside that I want to highlight..the waiting of the lift!!How I wish the other lift is working..Other than that,this hotel is a hidden gem!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank lolahearts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bandar Seri Begawan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Few comments about this hotel:

1. Long amount of time waiting for the lift to finally sent us to the 10th floor (Lobby)
2. The hotel is the same building with the resident living in the apartment.
3. Receptionist was ok
4. The bell-boy was very helpful and friendly
5. I was shocked to find out that my room was very clean and the toilet design is superb, considering the amount of price i paid for this hotel.
6. The bed is comfortable enough for me.
7. The NASI Lemak downstairs is delicious. Hehe

Room Tip: Near to everything you need in KL
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed there a couple of nights. The hotel is the 10th floor of an old building. The building looks a bit run down, but the hotel is nicely renovated and looks very modern inside. Everything was very clean, the staff were nice and helpful and the location was great, as it is close to metro, shops and restaurants. All in all, nothing to complain about!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is hidden away in the back of Bukit Bintang with a pretty good location. Close to restaurants, bars, public transport and lots & lots & lots & lots of shopping - don't think I have seen so many shopping malls before....!!
Hotel is located on the 10th floor & you can be waiting a little while for the lift - nice little trick is to take one of the other lifts to the 9th then walk the rest of the way (just not with luggage!).
The receptionists are friendly enough, not the most helpful in the world when it comes to answering questions about the area, but friendly none the less.
Rooms are very modern, nice comfy beds, aircon, TV, etc.
Big clean bathroom. Our shower never really got hot, just kinda luke warm. I do have to admit though I'm not too keen on this new trend of having bathroom walls/doors that are made out of frosted glass. I know it looks trendy and funky but I don't like knowing that whoever is in the bedroom can still see my outline/shadow whilst I'm sat on the toilet doing.........(don't worry I won't go into any more detail, you get the point).

If I ever return to KL I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

In the busy backdrop of Bukit Bintang, it can sometimes seem difficult to find a hotel that is clean, modern and offers value for money. Sunbow Hotel residency was a welcome surprise in an area that is perfectly located in the midst of this vibrant city. An unusual venue, occupying one only floor of the Sun complex, the hotel offers all new rooms that are reasonably spacious and fully equipped. We had no problems with the wifi whatsoever, and even found the staff generous in voluntary offering the use of their umbrellas when they knew it was raining outside. Housekeeping staff were professional and efficient. The location is ideal for business people close to the Low Yat Plaza and nearby major shopping centres and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tinaross
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a trip down to KL for 2D1N, found this hotel trhough Agoda which was highly rated, hence I made the booking.

I drove there and it is actually a little bit hard to find but I think the issue wasn't a serious one. It situated at Sun Complex near to Royale Bintang Hotel. Parking rate is RM5 flat after 5pm, the staffs told us that we can get chop for discount if we park before 5pm.

The building elevators looked a bit 80s and run down, but no worries, the hotel is well renovated in a modern way. The whole building (including some residents at higher floors) share one elevator hence you may need to wait several turns to "board" the elevator. But good thing is when we are going down, they have locked one elevator for their customers' use, hence we had a smooth ride LOL.

Cleaniness is good initially until we found out the towel with blood stain, and we found a tiny crockroach (very tiny one) in the bathroom, which I can tolerate but not my girl friend.

Helpful staffs, who attended every single request of mine: change room as the first one is smoky; requested to send "their" elevator down to pick us at ground floor; this and that tiny requests...

Great location. Walking distance to Low Yat Plaza and Sg Wang. Nuff said.

A bit noisy though. It is in the middle of the city.

But overall, the experience is a satisfactory one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Everything was great except the complimentary wireless internet was not working at all during my 3 nights stay. I couldn't send any emails and do my work. When I checked with the staff, they just said that the wireless internet was down. Every morning, I was awaken by the cooing of many pigeons right outside the window. The bathroom was big and clean and it comes with good size bottles of shampoo and bath gel. The staff were friendly. The hotel is near many shopping malls at Bukit Bintang.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the rooftop of the building with many pigeons.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business