“so-so hotel”

My Hotel at KL Sentral
Ranked #119 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 1, 2013

as mentioned, this is a budgeted hotel. so im not expecting the greatest. near KL sentral station. probably a 10 minutes walk from the station to myhotel KL sentral branch. if your picky when it comes to hotel, then i would not suggest this.

1. corridor is a bit noisy. rooms are not sound proof like high class hotel. so you can sometimes expect people yelling at the corridor, kids crying, people stomping their feet, doors banging when closed
2. bathroom. no amenities. towel smelled weird and looked stained (i just wish they are really cleaned cause i used them anyway). no shower curtains. no hair dryer. good thing heater is working.
3. TV channels are most of the time in non-english. expect chinese channels, malaysian, and some other language im not sure what they are. limited to 12 channels only.
4. complimentary water bottle. good enough.
5. bed is good enough for 2. double-check the bedsheets to make sure their clean. our comforter is somehow stained (i honestly dont want to know what kind of stain they are. i just swap that stained part to over my feet and the rest are okay.)
6. staffs are nice, which is okay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank usagianne

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Oh wow, the location was the only good thing about this hotel.

First up, who was the genious who decided that two My Hotels within 200 meters of each other should have almost identical names? And why haven't the done something to fix this very obvious problem?

Anyway, once you find this hotel you then enter the 'land that cleaners forgot'. In the first room we were given the bed sheets were covered in hairs - as in the hadn't been changed at all (there really isn't any excuse for this). The bathroom tap had also been neglected.

The person on the front dest didn't seem surprised at all and quickly assigned us another room.

This time the sheets and towels were fresh but the cleaners hadn't bothered with the bathroom. I was tired from my 8hr flight so I did the job myself with antibacterial gel. Probably a good precaution anyway.

Then we found a disgusting dead cockroach squished on the wall. Then the patch of moisture on the wall down beside the bed...Whatever, at this point I just wanted to sleep.

Turns out this wasn't going to happen easily. All throughout the night people were walking up and down the stairs (we were on level 1), sounded as if most of them were wearing sandals or thongs judging by the amount of noise. And, as always, this was accompanied by loud conversation at all hours of the night. I think I got about 30min of sleep in the end.

Then we had the elevator. This made a lot of deep, base-type noise with it's general (constant) movement plus we had the added enjoyment of hearing it 'ding' all the time too (prob from the ground floor).

There were other issues at the time but I can't recall now. I'd prebooked a night another night at this hotel for a stopover a week later but I had to cancel this.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Cherrytree79
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Before starting my journey to Kuala Lumpur, I booked the room of my hotel@KL sentral . In fact, if you go to the city of Kuala Lumpur from LCCT by the shuttle, the terminal station is the KL Sentral Staion, and My Hotel @ sentral is the nearest and most easily to reach, not my hotel@KL sentral. The room of my hotel@KL sentral is very cute and clean. It is very adapt to solo. The time for check in is after 2 p.m.. If you arrive in the morning, you can leave your luggage to the front desk and the hotel will keep your luggage during you go around.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank KatyFreeTraveler
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed back in 2010 My Hotel Old Town white Cafe with my friend ,now may 3rd i stayed with my family booking in the same hotel ,but unfortunately booking is made on new KL sentral my hotel ( Google search redirect this only ) both or same group ,but service is different,if u stay u may feel it.during the heavy rain on 3rd may along with my family & luggages ,no one help to received ,then ask my booking confirmation in desk staff's they will alot the room after 1/2 hr ,when i enter into it totally upset ,room is so small & only one bed,so i will come back to front desk to change my room or check out the room ,they discuss with the manager & alotted the new triple room with extra cost,that room is better from the existing one,front desk staff's behavior is not much good with all type of peoples,rooms are clean & neat ,but rate is much more compare to near by hotels ,the only thing is favourable Mr. Shiva hotel manager & Ms.Sara Gal Reservations

Room Tip: double Room or Triple rooms are ok
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jekathish
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We staryed here back in May 2010 but it was pretty good for the price. Rooms were clean and well kept and reception staffs too were very helpful. Moreover it is strategically located with a good public transport connectivity.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

There are 3 MyHotels in KL sentral area so make sure you know which one you are booking into as all of them located close to each other. Check in took awhile, the lobby is small with only one elevator. Room is small but still acceptable, and quite clean too. No amenities in bathroom so bing your own toiletries. Bed is ok but my friend (in the other room), woke up with her new sleeping partner; a cockroach!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Convinient location with 5 minutes walk to KL Sentral Station, room is acceptable for its price range; my pillow cover was very dirty upon C/I, I took the cover out and use my tower to cover but next day, maid put that same dirty cover (on the floor) into my pillow. No mini fridge in room for your information.

What the hotel could improve is to train its Front Desk staff to be more friendly and professional, we interacted with two male Receptionists upon C/I and during stay; they are both very unfriendly, do not want to answer guest questions and I bet you to have them smile at you during any interaction. One small example, we asked for a local map and Bellman show us to Receptionist, we have it after 5 minutes waiting then when we ask for direction, the Receptionist told us "You can ask the Bellmen" ?!?

Room Tip: There arte two "My hotel @ KL Sentral" in the area, it's better book the one at the co...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends