“Good location budget hotel”

My Hotel at KL Sentral
Ranked #118 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Jakarta
“Good location budget hotel”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

There are 3 MyHotels in KL sentral area so make sure you know which one you are booking into as all of them located close to each other. Check in took awhile, the lobby is small with only one elevator. Room is small but still acceptable, and quite clean too. No amenities in bathroom so bing your own toiletries. Bed is ok but my friend (in the other room), woke up with her new sleeping partner; a cockroach!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Convinient location with 5 minutes walk to KL Sentral Station, room is acceptable for its price range; my pillow cover was very dirty upon C/I, I took the cover out and use my tower to cover but next day, maid put that same dirty cover (on the floor) into my pillow. No mini fridge in room for your information.

What the hotel could improve is to train its Front Desk staff to be more friendly and professional, we interacted with two male Receptionists upon C/I and during stay; they are both very unfriendly, do not want to answer guest questions and I bet you to have them smile at you during any interaction. One small example, we asked for a local map and Bellman show us to Receptionist, we have it after 5 minutes waiting then when we ask for direction, the Receptionist told us "You can ask the Bellmen" ?!?

Room Tip: There arte two "My hotel @ KL Sentral" in the area, it's better book the one at the co...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
KOLKATA
Reviewed April 30, 2013

we stayed twice in this hotel this time- once while going before Australia and after coming back from Australia.This budget hotel is very convenient for staying between two flights.From LCCT airport, one can avail Aerobus or Skybus and walk down straight to this hotel.from KL SENTRAL terminus. We got down from Aerobus at KL SENTRAL at 2 am in the night and walked into the hotel.without any problem.Actually there are three my hotel branches in this kl sentral locality and you should be sure about your hotel branch.ONE IS MY HOTEL SENTRAL, other one-my hotel@kl sentral and third one is my hotel brickfield.My hotel sental is located nearest to kl sentral and is on the main street while my hotel@kl sentral in which we stayed is also near by but located in another side street,But this one we stayed had kl sentral monorail station at its doorstep and commuting anywhere was so easy!the road had all the facilities needed like convenience stores food joints and conveyances There are a good number of cat houses on the steet in which the hotel lies Bu t everything is very systematic!!Ground floor rooms were all restaurants and eateries while typical narrow stairs lead to upper floor where ladies are catering to their customers At the entrance of the staircase,a man or a lady was receiving customers and sending them upstairs.There was no commotion or disturbance anywhere, It was a case of peaceful coexistance .I crossed the area many times in the night with my son and wife and was never inconvenienced!!For indian tourists, there are many good eateries, We used to take our meals in a Punjabi restaurant just adjacent to the hotel It is called singh chapati house owned by MR pyara SIingh Food was very good and price very reasonable,Now about the hotel--its nice clean hotel with a clean toilet and good amenities Owner of the hotel is a very polite Tamil gentleman They have a restaurant that serves good b/f and meals Most of the housekeeping staff were Bngladeshi immigrants and very well behaved There is nothing negative about this hotel and I would stay again here.

Room Tip: choose rooms like 403 or 503 which face the main street
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KOLKATASANKAR
Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'd stay for one night transit in KL on my way to Cambodia. The room is very basic, but convenient and clean enough. Close to KL Sentral is the main concern for me... Please check the bedsheet and make sure it's already replaced...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Firdaus_P
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Bottom line, this is a great place to stay as you won't be in your room alot. It is small - very small but sufficient. We had 4 suitcases so it was extra small but we managed. The bathroom is compact but you don't stay in this hotel for luxury. You stay because it is close to KL Sentral. Just be aware that there are at least 3 My Hotels in a very small area outside of KL Sentral so I thought I had booked into another one that was actually closer. That is My Hotel Sentral. My Hotel KL Sentral was around the corner and down the street. Not a big deal unless you are lugging 4 suitcases! So just be sure you book yourself into the right My Hotel.

Room Tip: Just be sure and check that your air con is working as some guests have complained that it didn'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jan J
summerhue
Reviewed April 9, 2013

we booked for two triple rooms, one room had a defective aircon, so the other members of the group ended up using an electric fan and 'aircon'. Reservations staff was very friendly also the front desk staff (jan 28 at 4:00am), They were very considerate and accommodating. Free Wifi! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank summerhue
Alor Setar, Malaysia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

There are 3 MyHotel facilities around the area and they are all different (despite the fact that the front desk officer saying that they are all the same when I made my reservation over the phone!). This one is right opposite Hotel Sentral. RM20 deposit for keycard is collected upon check-in and it was refunded when the key card was returned during check out.

Although the room was not big, it was clean with good water pressure on the shower and WIFI connection was good as well. Air dryer was available upon request. And I like the way the room smell - that is, no cigarette smell!!! Probably because they were still new.

The room is not exactly cheap if you are staying solo or as a couple in one room, and it's more value for money when one opt for bigger room (Comparison: RM110 for twin/double room; RM120-RM150 for triple and family room).

I would come back to stay again if I have to come for business trip in KL.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business