“Good room, big size, and valuable”

My Hotel at KL Sentral
Ranked #118 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at My Hotel @ Sentral for a night while waiting for departure to Osaka.

The staff is okay but not that friendly. Her face looked so tired and bored.
The location is good, even it's in red-light district area. No danger thing at all. Don't worry, they hid them in buildings, not on the road. And they didn't disturb foreigners too.

The room size is quite big, but no decoration. Room is clean, but no freeze.
The price is good, Wi-fi is also good, and free.

I will stay here again .. best value compared with nearby hotels like My Hotel @ Sentral, Signature Hotel, and Sentral Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for My Hotel at KL Sentral

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had a good stay in this hotel. The room they gave me and my sisters are very clean. The staff are welcoming and very polite. When we checked in it was a Filipina in the front office who entertained us. The night shift Indian guy (I'm not sure if he is Indian or not) was very very kind. He lend us an adaptor for our cellphone charges, he also gave us directions on our different destinations in Malaysia and he also speaks fluent english.

We went to Johor on our last two days in Malaysia to visit Legoland. We had a very bad experience in the hotel that we booked there. So after exploring Legoland we decided to just return to Kuala Lumpur and go back to My Hotel. We arrived 11pm and was so devastated to find out that the hotel was fully booked. The Indian guy (whom I mentioned above) was manning the front desk that time. He called other My Hotel branches to find out if there were available rooms, and there wasn't. The next thing he did was to call an incoming hotel occupant to find out if they will still check in, good thing they cancelled their booking.

So guys, if you are looking for an affordable, good stay and a hotel with a good staff I definitely recommend My Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ace s
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is about 500 meters from KL Sentral. Affordable and good rates for the area. Many Indian and Chinese restaurants close by. There is a Indian hotel right below this place (Singh Chapati House) and we liked the food and service there. Free Wi-Fi is available but it was not working during the night we stayed but was working by the time we checked out. They provide free water bottles (not many does it). Rooms are clean though not very spacious. We booked without window but were given with window.

Reception guys can help you with taxi and currency exchange if informed earlier. They take 20 RM deposit for key card and will be refunded upon checkout. This place is good for night stay and city visit. We traveled from KL Sentral to KLCC and Batu Caves from here using local train.

Room Tip: If you are walking from KL Sentral you will first see My Hotel @ Sentral and it's same managemen...
3  Thank Prash7711
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My partner and I chose this hotel based on the location as it was situated very close to KL Sentral train station.
The staff were very friendly and checked us in promptly, which was much needed after very little sleep and a 14 hour flight!
the room has no window, so was a tad gloomy. But the double bed was clean and comfortable,as was the bathroom.
We ate breakfast at the coffee store next to the hotel, which is also part of the My hotel chain. A tad pricey and the eggs served were pretty raw, my advice would be to find another place to grab breakfast.

Over all a comfortable stay, perfect for one or two nights. The staff are awesome and allowed us to store our luggage all day too!

3  Thank Beadsbb
Reviewed September 15, 2012

A very budget hotel for back packers and frequent travellers. Near to the city center and monorail.

Lots of food joints to eat.taxis are available immediately, and very near to all the places.

However the area is not clean.

Room Tip: Please request for rooms wigh windows, they come on extra cost!! :)
2  Thank Ranjtraveller
Reviewed September 8, 2012

i was travelling in a group tour so dont know how far is it from airport and connectivity but there is a monorail station near hotel.the rooms were clean.TV showing all malaysian channels.the toilets had better facilties than in thailand.But the worst part of the stay were lifts/elevators.we were staying on 9 th floor the waiting time for lifts can range from 15 min.to 60 min.breakfast okayish.

Room Tip: If you dont like waiting for elevators dont go for higher floors.choose which you can climb down eas...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank drgaurav85
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked here because we arrived at 2am into KL from the airport and we wanted a hotel close to the bus stop. This was perfect. We booked a standard room and it was nice clean and tidy. There was very little noise. It's about a 30 minute walk to Chinatown or you can jump on the MRT. Easy to get around.
Value for money for KL & all around a great product. We'd happily stay here again - it's got everything you need - space, clean, tidy, good bathroom, TV, Wifi and location was fine. Very happy.
Staff were great.