“Needed to leave before staying a night”

Signature Hotel KL Sentral
Ranked #274 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Made a booking for three nights. Arrived mid morning and store luggage. Came back at 2 pm to check in. Then things stated to go bad. Room had no window (in the search engine website it does not say that this grade of room does not have a window so I assumed that it did"........ Wrong)
Went to discuss this fact with the desk to be told that they had no available rooms with windows. We do not stay in rooms without windows and would not have booked at this hotel if we would known.
They could not guarantee me a room with a window for the next day either.
I also complained about the rising damp in the room's walls and the plumbing tools that we left on the floor of the room. The hotel manager became involved at this stage and told me that their rooms did not have rising damp and there certainly was no tools left in the room, and he suggested that he come and inspect the room, which he did. He soon removed the tools and said that he would have the damp problem taken care of soon.
We went on the net and booked a room in another hotel and moved out. after all this he demanded the first nights rent! I will contact booking.com to have the rent repaid to me.

There are much better and more honest places to stay, I would suggest that you do so. The nearby Sentral hotel is very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank docozoo

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 days (17 - 18 july 2013). Hotel is neat and clean. Very near to kl sentral. Walk able distance. Next to this hotel there is gopalan restaurant we can get good, hygiene south indian food. Kl sentral is central railway station where we get buses to genting highlands, klia airport, lcct, lrt, klia express air port train and ktm komoter train for singapore.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is in a back alley near KL Sentral.

Rooms are below expectations even for a budget hotel.

Service is poor. Room cleaning was 'done' and clothes on my bed were simply thrown onto my luggage bag.

When a request is made, I either have to pay or wait for ages.

Just find another place. Area is not good for family groups. Sleazy joints all around and plenty of shady characters in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DanZeRR
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stay this hotel last week for one night transit for flight to China. This hotel has strategic location with walking distance from KL Sentral, so if you want to catch early morning flight from KLIA or LCCT, this is good alternative for overnight stay despite Expensive hotel at airport. Room is clean, spacious, and quite new, receptionis is 24 hours so you can check in or check out anytime you want. Nearby this hotel there so many restaurant or food stall cheaper dominated with indian food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I made a booking for a double-room for 1 night on this hotel's website, gave my credit card details and make a remark that I will touchdown KL at 11 pm and probably be able to check-in only at 1 am, i.e. please hold the room for me.

My flight was delayed. When I arrived in KL, I called the hotel from the KL airport with a view to ask them to continue to hold the room for me. I was told that their 'computer' had cancelled my booking because they kept my reservation until 1 am. The hotel was otherwise "fully booked" and I was offered the remaining room which was a family room, at a higher price!

The above telephone conversation took place around 1.05 am (yes, 5 minutes past my original ETA)! They had the cheek to suggest, given my predicament, they could give me a double-room but I have to check-out before 8 am because they had reserved the room for another incoming guest. Is this hotel so popular that at 5 minutes past my ETA (at 1 o'clock in the morning), my credit-card confirmed booking was cancelled and immediately taken up by others???

It was an extremely distressing early morning for me to arrive in Sentral, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur at 2.30 am with a heavy backpack desperately searching for a hotel room and with the fear that I could be mugged and robbed anytime. That area of KL is not safe at that time of the night!

I have never ever come across such irresponsible hotel who would put their potential guest's safety at risk in this manner!

Fortunately, MyHotel located a couple of blocks away, had a cancellation and I was able to have a room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank LemonC_2011
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is very near to the KL Central Bus/Train station which helps you to reach the hotel very easily from the KLIA. The Monorail is just a short walk which can take you to most of the shopping/business/sight seeing locations in KL. If you med to catch an early flight, you can ride the sky bus from here going to the airport. Clean basic rooms. Quiet. Comfy beds. Hot shower available. Daily supply of coffee, creamer and sugar packs. Electronic kettle. Samsung LCD TV. Courteous staff. They will always greet you and open the door for you.

The counter staff were very courteous and ready to help. My room was on the 2nd floor, the hotel has a elevator. The room was spacious enough for me. The toilet was very big with all necessary facilities. Air conditioning was perfect and the bed was comfortable.

The hotel has a good variety of eating joints round the corner.

The free WiFi available in the hotel was an added advantage. All facilities mentioned on the website were available !

Will stay again for my next trip to KL in May along with my family !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shanmugam s
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is just what I needed for my trip!

The counter staff was very courteous and ready to help. My room was on the 4th floor, the hotel has a elevator. The room was spacious enough for me. The toilet was very big with all necessary facilities. Air conditioning was perfect and the bed was comfortable.

The hotel has a good variety of eating joints round the corner.

The Monorail is just a short walk which can take you to most of the shopping/business/sightseeing locations in KL.

The free Wi-Fi available in the hotel was an added advantage. All facilities mentioned on the website were available!

Will stay again for my next trip to KL in May along with my family!
We stay here for 1 night. I was check in at midnight, there have a helpful staff and we only take less than 10 min to check in our room. Access to our room, I was very surprise. .Luckily, we discovered MY signature hotel. and a short walk from the bus terminal. For only MYR110, you get a clean big-sized room, A/C, towels, 23inch flat TV with English movie channels, free bottled water, tea/coffee facilities - and FREE WiF!

thanks to santhi jega and vicky

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple