“Brilliant Breakfast!”

MacLaren's Restaurant & Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was recommended by a friend to try the weekend English breakfast at MacLaren's. I had been to this place a couple of times before but wasn't a regular visitor - I will be from now on! The breakfast portion is HUGE. Everything I could think of was on my plate, sausages, bacon, egg, fried bread, hash browns, mushrooms, tomato and baked beans. It's very well presented, and great value. The owner told me that although they only serve it on weekends at the moment, it will probably get added it to the regular menu soon. I hope they do!

There are newer reviews for MacLaren's Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed September 29, 2012

MacLaren's is a place that every neighbourhood should have - but few do. A friendly family bar where you are guaranteed a warm welcome, a well poured glass, a hearty meal and engaging bar-side conversations. The retro music playlist, complete with music videos, adds a fun touch, and we're looking forward to their upcoming Quiz Nights. Even if you don't live in the neighbourhood, you'll feel like you've returned home at MacLaren's. Cheers!

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Food, value and service is excellent. Atmosphere and decor is simple. Be warned: food portions are epic!

Also, expect to get wittier upon entering Maclaren's :)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place is just another pub. No imagination, no ideas. Beer and very poor burger. Whisky selection is a bit better but still there is nothing great about this place. I can't believe that tripadvisor allowed this place to be on the second spot in whole KL?
For us who frequently fly around the world, tripadvisor is a great tool, and this look very odd.
Anyhow, for people who like Irish Pubs they will find this place attractive. Big plus, the service was very enthusiastic.

2  Thank Raymond H
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went one evening recently - encouraged by the reviews which we had read showing it to be #1 out of 980 restaurants in KL. We thought we might be in for a 'wow' but it's a pub which serves a standard range of pub grub - and tastewise it wasn't overly exciting. The decor is pretty basic as well.
We were disappointed