“pretty run down hotel”

Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #135 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 15, 2013

we last stayed at gc hotel 10 years ago and enjoyed our stay , however the hotel hasnt changed one bit since , very run down and the rooms were big but very tired , the staff were ok the pool ok but only 3 sun loungers for the whole hotel !!! we did loke the breakfast area were you can eat and relax outdoors, would i stay there again ? probably not

Room Tip: try a high floor , they are being refurbed
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank boltonwanderer68
There are newer reviews for Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Grand continental is the hotel located in the centre of Kuala Lumpur & we gota chance to stay here amidst a 5 day package taken from Malaysiawonder.com .The Reason to stay here & Book this package Ex-Delhi was simply that we got a very cheap price for the package in this peak season Of December.The Services were also Ok as well .We also stayed in Awana ,Genting
this hotel is 15 km from the international airport and it’s a three star hotel near the sea connected with theme park and it has all the modern facilities that you need in a hotel.

1. Hotel is fully furnished the rooms are very big in size and there are many types of rooms are there according to your need and price. It’s a 3 star hotel that’s why it’s not very expensive .

2. Deluxe room, super deluxe room, family suite these are some types of rooms in the hotel and super deluxe we stayed in,ws Ok if nt best

3. The food quality is nice in the hotel and all type of food is available in the hotel continental.Indian, Chinese were our personal favs

4. The staff is good, they always smiling and do their job very sincerely they clean my room twice a day and whenever you want.

5. there is a club in the hotel and bar also which are 24 hour open. It also has gym and swimming

6. I felt really good there as it ws close to happening places. Its awesome temperature now a day’s not so hot being Dec and in my opinion its worth a try for its price tag

Go for it if u want Ok services under budget

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raj K
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in mid 2012 and that was the first and last time. The staff are not very accomodating and I was changed rooms three time. I booked with a friend who was a smoker and I a non smoker. I specified that I wanted a non smoking room and was suspiscious when I recieved a room next to my friend. The room was a smoking room so I had to take all my luggage back down stairs. They then gave me another room which contained single beds and not the queen I paid for. Back down stair again and was allocated another room. The rooms are below average in decor, comfort and cleanliness. The hotel is far from public transport. Wi Fi is poor as well. The pool and view of the city is closed rediculously early. To add salt to the wounds, I left some expensive hair care products there. I returned about an hour later after noticing my error. I waited over an hour for the staff to try and find them. They could not and they assured me that they would be found and that they would post them back to me.....six months later I am still waiting. Never again, there are plenty of better options in KL.

Room Tip: There are rooms with nice views of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Darren G
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Me and my husband took the KL trip through online agent. Firstly the hotel staff who came to pick us up delayed for one hour and in the middle of night we were almost lost. When we reached we got a shock as the staff stayed that the rooms (deluxe rooms) were full. Once the booking is made how can they allot our rooms to others??? Since it was almost 3 at night we agreed to stay in the available room for that night and then change. The nightmare then started. The A/C didnt function and there was a leakage issue due to which we couldnt sleep. They again changed the room as there was no one from maintenance dept to resolve the issue. So the whole night almost past like that. The next day again we were given other room. This room was fairly decent and the view was awesome.. So when ever anyone goes there then pls ask for twin tower view... The breakfast was average but the hotel needs renovation. Roof top swimming pool was good and neatly maintained. Rest of the amenities were pretty decent. After one day of horrible experience, other days were good. Didnt try food as there were hardly any option for vegetarians. Since we had to leave for Genting early, they made arrangement for early breakfast which was a good gesture.

Room Tip: Higher floors and the Petronas tower view...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in February during my honeymoon trip.
This is average hotel. Rooms was ok type, not so good. Food is worst so please never try it, better to go outside for lunch or dinner. Pizza hut is very near.
Ask receptionist for twin tower view room...than it's good.
Rooftop swimming pool is really good try it.
Location is good but so many ladyboys and callgirls is waiting for you outside of your hotel.
Every location of kuwalalumpur is so near from hotel.
Totally i gv only 3 star of this average hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Sidharth82
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My sister and I made our first trip 'alone' without our parents. This was the hotel our agent booked for us.

It is a decent hotel with helpful staff. The service was good. We had to leave for Genting at 6:00am and the hotel only starts laying the breakfast at 6:30. We requested them the previous night to pack some breads for us so we could have our breakfast on the go. They were efficient and had packed our breakfast boxes dot on time. They might not have a very lavish spread for breakfast, but it is fair for a 3 star.

The location is fine except a local market behind the hotel, where one must avoid strolling to early mornings and late nights, especially when traveling with family. It becomes a hookers' hang-out. The two of us went there around 8:30 in the morning, looking for a local sim. People were setting up their shops for the day; a man watching his STD booth warned us and suggested we go back to the hotel. Soon we realized why.

Other than that, the hotel is walking distance from the monorail station. These are convenient rails, one can rely on for intra city travel.

Ask for a guide map at the hotel reception. The staff is always ready to help and would guide you about the various attractions as well.

The Petronas Towers (Twin Towers of KL) are visible from the hotel. One must get the tickets done in advance if possible. We went and booked our tickets a day before we were planning to go up the twins; we reached there at 7:00 a and the place was PACKED with tourists queued up for tickets. Don't waste your day buying tickets; keep this in mind especially if you are visiting KL in the peak season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the monorail. The view is greener and open on this side. The front and back of...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank D G
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is aged, but some rooms are being refurbished, so ask for one of them. Fantastic views over the city from the 23rd with city view (pay the extra it's worth it). Most staff were accommodating and did the "necessary" nothing special to note. Staff on most part were "trainees". Fantastic location, within walking distance to both monorail and light rail systems, taking you anywhere you need in the city within 10 minutes. Asked for late check-out (needed extra shopping time and freshen before afternoon flight) we did the right thing and asked after breakfast, the guy happily told us 14:00 is okay no charge. Some hassles regarding this upon actual check-out. But smoothed over by accommodating GM. recommended for location and views.

Room Tip: Ask for City View on High Floor or Refurbished Room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple