“Clean and neat”

Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #56 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is not a deluxe hotel.

It is, however, a clean neat, tidy, well run, friendly hotel; smack dab in the middle of China Town Kuala Lumpur. The rooms are miniscule and mine didn't have a window. But I wasn't there to check the view from the hotel, I was there to get a good night's sleep.

The bed was firm, but comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. There was a life-saving water heater and coffee/tea service. The Wi-Fi was fast and omni-present

The staff is friendly and helpful, there is a tour desk in the lobby, and there is an adequate café attached. I only used the café for breakfast. They have a buffet. It costs $5 US and has western and eastern options. The western options are pretty iffy, but the eastern is well done. The café opens at 0700.

The hop-on/hop-off bus tour of KL stops right in front of the hotel. It is a good way to get familiar with the city.

When you arrive at the airport, you can take the express train to the central station very easily and quickly. It is just a $3 taxi ride from there to the Hotel.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
SwissInnKL, General Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the superb review about your recent stay at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur and you got that right, we are smack dab right in the heart of Chinatown!

My team and I are very delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely hope that your comments will give some key pointers to other travellers to make their wise choice of accommodation while in Kuala Lumpur.

Once again, thank you so much for choosing Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur and we hope to welcome you again in near future.

There are newer reviews for Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We got the hotel at 2am and were a bit worried. We walked to the mini market at the end of the street to get essentials ( rum,coke and crisps) and that was us done for the first day. The next day we walked to Berjaya Times Square and went to see the Twin Towers. The hotel is right next door to the night markets. Really good. We ate locally at the pizza place opposite. The hotel was quiet and the rooms were fine. I wish I was brave enough to eat the street food!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Swiss Inn during your visit to Kuala Lumpur. Thank you for your kind review about Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur and I hope it would be useful information for other travellers.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at swiss inn at china town. We had the room with window, costs little bit more than the rooms without. It was so worth it, try to get the ones that has a view down to shoppingstreet!

The staff was friendly, proffesional and serviceminded. Everyone from reception to housekeeping.

The breakfast was a buffet with a variety of food. Bread, and toaster, cereal, fruits, warm foods and eggs boiled and omelettes. Realy nice to start you day with decent food.

The room was nice and clean, and it was cleaned everyday with enviromental precausions being done!

Overall a good hotel experience.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SwissInnKL, General Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with such a great review. We are glad that learn that you were pleased with almost everything, from the room ambiance to the services that rendered to you.
I am sure your review will help all future travellers to Kuala Lumpur to decide on the type of accommodation they desire. Meanwhile, do keep us in mind if your plan to visit Kuala Lumpur again.

Look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I stayed for 3 nights in the Swiss in and had a wonderful time! The rooms are very clean, spacious enough and the hotel staff and hotel manager are welcoming and friendly. The location was perfect too! Backed right on to the china town markets (but not noisy at night) and only a short walk the train station.
I have been to KL 6 times before this and this hotel was by far the best value for money I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sammyandjordy
SwissInnKL, General Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at Swiss Inn during your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur. We are very delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We also truly appreciate your wonderful review about the hotel products and services, especially your commendation on the staff members. I am sure the information highlighted would be useful for other travellers to make decision on their preferred choice of accommodation while travelling to Kuala Lumpur.

Once again, thank you so much for choosing Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur and we look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks with my fiance, it was very clean & tidy place, they have different rooms as per money you pay. Different color of each floor is the interesting part to make sure you dont get lost if you get drunk! Also being @ the heart of chinese town give you easiness of shopping & many food option around. Hotel break fast also in delicious, wine shop, pool & snooker, reggae bar also are in minutes of walk. Swiss inn is also the holding of Swiss hotel which is about 15 min walk from Swiss inn you can go to use swiss hotel pool & gym for free. I recommend this hotel, it is cozy place to stay it is definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: 2nd & 3rd floor are good
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yamakazy22
SwissInnKL, General Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Swiss Inn during your visit to Kuala Lumpur in April 2013. We truly appreciate the time taken for such an excellent review about our hotel and what’s available surrounding the hotel. Nevertheless, due to the unforeseen circumstances kindly be informed that we are no longer offering our guests the usage of pool facilities at our nearby Swiss Garden Hotel and Residences.

Once again, thank you so much for staying with Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur and we hope to welcome you again in near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am so pleased that I chose to stay at Swiss Inn. It is located right in the heart of Chinatown, where there are crowds, and eateries, and narrow lanes with stalls to buy everything in the world. I cannot think of a better location. And, as I was there as the Chinese New Year was approaching, I also had the good fortune to watch street entertainment (lion dances, drum performances, Chinese opera, etc) right outside the door to the hotel.

Several years ago I got a bargain on a room in a 5 star hotel in KL. True the room was larger. True the breakfast was more varied. But the hotel was in a sterile neighborhood, and nothing can compensate for the lack of crowds. And so if the next time I visit KL I am offered a five star hotel at the same price as Swiss Inn, I will choose the latter.

There is no free lunch, and a three star hotel is not a five star hotel, both in definition and in fact. At Swiss Inn, the people working at reception knew me and remembered me, and were both kind and considerate. This is something I have never experienced at a large hotel.

The room was functional (I had one on one of the higher floors and as such was away from the street noise). The bathroom great. The bed most comfy. I couldn't ask for more. The buffet breakfast was both varied and tasty. Not five star, but still great.

I will definitely return.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor is less likely to have street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
SwissInnKL, General Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the superb review on your recent stay at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur. My team and I are extremely excited to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words about our staff members courtesy level. Truthfully, your valuable comments will help other travellers to make good decision as it has certainly helped us to further improve in our product and services to all our valued guests.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Swiss Inn is situated directly in chinatown. The main entry is where all the food stalls are in the evening. Then there is another exit on the back of the hotel which leads directly into the colorful world of the nightmarket.
Upon booking I requested a corner room in one of the upper floors. It was nice that this request was followed and I ended up with the room I had in mind.
While walking from elevator one to elevator two the GM popped out of his office and gave me a little insight of the hotel. Thanks for that!
As corner rooms are a little bit bigger than normal rooms anyway, there was clearly enough space for two people. The room was spotless. The bathroom, too. Just the hot water was not really working the first day. But thats probably not directly a fault of the hotel.
The Wifi was working fine most of the time. Breakfast was good, too.
As it came to our checkout, we decided to stay two nights longer. I went down to the reception an asked for the price. The same guy who checked me in told me something of an outrageous rate. I asked him several times but he couldn't make me an better offer. No problem at all, but the way he acted during check in and while asking for the rate was unfriendly.
Next day I went down again and asked another lady. She offered me the same rate as on the first booking.
Disregarding the unfriendly guy from the reception it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: I would go for corner rooms in every hotel i book. usually more specious
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jon P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Swiss Inn during your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur. We truly appreciate the time taken to review about our hotel and we are so glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Nevertheless, my apologies for the unpleasant situation faced with one of our staff members and rest assured that the issue will be addressed accordingly.