“Great location, breakfast and wifi but small rooms with no window”

Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #49 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
New York
“Great location, breakfast and wifi but small rooms with no window”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is right next to Petaling Street - Chinatown, so a great location for tourists. The buffet breakfast is on til 11 which is nice, you dont have to get up at the crack of dawn for once. They have a good choice of hot food, toast, fruit, juice etc. Our room was clean, modern, amazing shower, good wifi and AC. My only criticism is that there was no window and looking at the floor plan i think most of the rooms dont have windows but we were out all day sightseeing so it didnt bother us. All in all, its a great place to stay and good value for money..

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LW2010NY
SwissInnKL, Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for selecting Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur - an International Hip Hotel as your preferred hotel during your recent trip to the city.

We are cognizant of the paramount importance in attaining premier services and we will ensure that every visit continues to be memorable. We are delighted to known that your had positive experience during your stay with us. We have taken note on your valuable feedback.

The team at Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur wishes to thank you &we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Regards.
Abdul Latib Omar
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
King's Cliffe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

When we are visiting the Chinatown area of Kuala Lumpur we nearly always stop for drinks and ./ or lunch at the Swiss Inn. The drinks and food are always well presented and are of good quality. Service is polite and efficient and the orders are always correctly (sometimes not done in KL). The lunch menu offers a selection of western and oriental dishes. Our favourites are the spring rolls, satay and fried rice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest ,
Thank you for dinning at Café Petaling Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur during your recent trip to the China Town Kuala Lumpur.

We were glad to hear the positive comment regarding the service and food quality.

The team at Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur wishes to thank you for your time taken for the feedback.. We look forward to welcoming you back to Café Petaling during your next visit to China Town Kuala Lumpur.

Regards

Hotel Manager.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Currently in my single night stay at the hotel and thinking what a waste of time and money it ended up being. I thought I had seen everything on this trip ... I was wrong!

The level of incompetence of the staff on prior to 11am has only been surpassed on one other occasion on all of my travels - by the staff here who took over at 11pm from them! I expected very little, and the staff here have exceeded my expectations!

I arrived later than expected after a flight delay ... I had paid for a room with no window and expected this to be tiny. Room 228 certainly was ... It was not huge! But I was given a smoking room after clearly saying no smoking on the booking.... It stank! I was moved to another room ... 427 ... It is even smaller than the first one ... But it smells okay. The only problem ... This one does have a window ... Which cannot close properly ... And no maintenance until 7am - after I have left! So I am listening to the noise of the bar across the road ... My fault really ... I wanted to be somewhere central and where I could do some final shopping and eat later at night after I arrived - but mistakenly thought the room I ordered would allow that AND sleep as part of the entire package!!

My booking was for breakfast, which the website I booked through said starts at 6am ... Now I am told it starts at 7am - the Swiss Garden one starts at 6am .... I am told I should have read this more carefully ... So I did again ... And it still says the same - 6am at Swiss Inn!! But it is okay .... The room rate still includes it, but better still, I can take a guest as well - apparently it is common for males checking in by themselves to have a guest in the morning for breakfast, so they just build this in for everyone!!

I emailed weeks ago requesting to book the shuttle back to the airport .... No response ... Which seems to be a common problem with other reviewers and forum posts on here. When I rung I was told I could book on arrival. Tonight I was told you can book with the tours desk - they open at 730am .... Which is only about an hour after I need to have left the hotel! But they kindly offer to point me to a taxi .... Big effort that - there are only 30 Of them parked out the front!!

The rooms I saw .... First one had two single beds and a decent hanging rail for clothes ... Bathroom is very small and there is nothing to stop water spraying from shower all over the place. Current room has a very small double bed ... If you are sharing it you want to like sleeping close to each other because you have no choice here. No hanging space and bathroom is tiny - shower screen does not go to the floor, so water goes under it everywhere once pressure is on.

Both rooms had a safe ... Good .... Neither had a fridge ... Bad! Wifi is included but does not reach either room I was in ... Drops in and out in lobby.

Would I stay again ... No ... Never ... There is the 5 Elements straight across the road if you really want this location.

But in case I sound overly harsh or sarcastic, I am grateful as I realise things could be worse .... I have seen a woman go through three different room options since arriving and is now in the process of cancelling, demanding a refund (good luck with that!) and going elsewhere because this place is not like anything that is makes itself out to be on any website.

That is probably the best recommendation you can get!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Mocca_Shocka
SwissInnKL, Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greeting from Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur!

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your last visit to Kuala Lumpur. We highly appreciate the time that you have taken to drop us your valuable comments.

To prevent re-occurrences, we have taken preventive measures. Rest assured, we will continuously improve the quality of services rendered to our guest. Hoping, during your next visit to Kuala Lumpur, you will not hesitate to stay with at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur. We ensure you that your next stay with us will be a pleasant one.

We thank you for your constructive comments and we certainly hope you will accord us with the opportunity to be of service during your next trip as well as grace us with your continuous support. You may contact me on my e mail at gm_sikl@swissgarden.com

Warm Regards

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Holland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Swiss Inn is a great base from where to explore KL. The Hop on Hop off bus stops right in front of the hotel, and the cafe/restaurant at the back opens up to Petaling Street, THE shooping area of Chinatown with stalls that are open until 10PM.
We had a triple room that was both clean and very spacious. Breakfast is included (buffet) and whatever your taste is (western, chinese, malay), it's there.
Be wary of very busy weekends in summer, our room wasn't cleaned despite a repeated request.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SwissInnKL, Manager at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are cognizant of the paramount importance in attaining premier services and we will ensure that every visit continues to be memorable. We are delighted to known that your had positive experience during your stay with us and we sincerely apologize that your room was not make up on time. We have taken note of the issue and action will be taken to ensure such issue is not repeat again.

The team at Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur wishes to thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Regards.
Abdul Latib Omar
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have had the pleasure of staying at the Swiss Inn KL. We had deluxe renovated adjoining rooms (1 queen bed, adjoining room 2 single beds) with windows facing Jalan Petaling on a non- smoking floor. Beds and pillows were very comfortable and clean, small bathroom with good shower and glass shower door (not a wet room). Room was quiet.
Look out for good prices on Expedia or Bookings.com. Room included a lovely breakfast with good choices, egg station, juices, fruit, pastries, cereal, toast, Asian food, etc. & free Wifi in lobby and restaurant. Food and drinks, in the restaurant were good and they have an outside area facing Jalan Petaling where you can have a drink or meal. You have to pay tax in Retaurant, but if staying in Hotel you get a discount. The staff are very helpful and friendly in the resturant and reception, a credit to your Staff.
Tour desk in reception area had good price for transfers to airport & we did tours with them on our last trip which were good. Hop-on hop-off bus stop in front of hotel in Jalan Sultan. Taxis easy to get out front of hotel. A very pleasant stay as always, will be back next time in KL.

Room Tip: 5th floor facing Jalan Petaling in renovated adjoining room if travelling with others.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Surat Thani, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We didn't actually stay in this hotel but found the restaurant when we were exploring Chinatown and wanted, to get away from being offered cheap DVDs and fake Rolex watches!
We had a really good meal here which was very good value for money and was well presented and extremely flavoursome.
A special mention must be made of the waiter..first class service and one of the most attentive we have ever come across.
If you're in Chinatown, and want a rest and some good traditional food, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest ,
Thank you for dinning at Café Petaling during your recent trip to the China Town Kuala Lumpur.

We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal. We appreciate you for recognizing the waiter who served your table.

The team at Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur wishes to thank you for your time taken for the feedback.. We look forward to welcoming you back to Café Petaling during your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

Regards

Hotel Manager.
singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Took over half an hour to check in Ashardi, at the front desk, was on the phone despite a long line of people waiting to be helped. Accounting manager came out, looked at the big unhappy crowd and retreated back to her office.

Wouldn't bother to stay here unless you happen to like unruly mobs and unhappy customers

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank georgestevens
Dear Mr. George Stevens,

Greeting from Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur!

Swiss Inn is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, and we welcome views and suggestions from our guests to comprehend how we can better meet your needs.
To prevent re-occurrences, we have taken a few preventive measures. Rest assured, we will continuously improve the quality of services rendered to our guest. Hoping, during your next visit to Kuala Lumpur, you will not hesitate to stay with at Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur. We ensure you that your next stay with us will be a pleasant one.

Warm Regards