Currently staying in MiCasa on business until someday, hopefully, the serviced apartment becomes available. My workplace just keeps extending my stay here.
If your microwave doesn't work, you'll have to tell them about it repeatedly, repeatedly the front desk staff will sound very apologetic and repeatedly the problem will not be fixed, with no sign anybody even attempted to fix it.
Don't be surprised if every couple of days you have to advise staff there's a stomping from the above or adjacent room; apparently this is pretty standard in hotels so I guess there's nothing that can be done there. EDIT: I just tapped on my ceiling to see if the people above me would get the hint, and it felt like it was designed to amplify sound.
Cleaning staff may or may not replace all the towels you use. You will be lucky if they know what a face washer is and that they need to replace it. They may or may not replace things such as clothes detergent.
They have a sign hanging in the bathroom saying that they're trying to be green, so if you don't want your towels washed then hang them up. They will always take every single towel for washing, regardless.
If you switch on 'do not disturb', they will make sure to call your room to see if you really don't wish to be disturbed. If you're there, they will disturb you, if not then they will clean your room.
I found it somewhat amusing when I left the room in the morning on the day of 'earth hour', switching off all my lights as I did so. When I came back late that night I found a notice asking me to participate in earth hour by switching off my lights, which is funny because the service staff left on something like 4 lights and the bathroom fan (one more light than usual). One time I came back and the TV was turned on.
Twice they left the room power turned off; one of those times they actually took the card and I had to go to the front desk to get it back.
I believe they stopped greeting me on my return at the end of each day a fortnight ago.
I had to throw the provided bath robes in the sink to get them washed. I know they didn't replace them when I found them folded up one time as one of them was identifiable by a broken belt loop.
There's no top sheet on the bed. What guarantee do I have that the doona cover is replaced every day ? Or even every week ? I think I have no choice tomorrow but to throw it in the sink... they can't put a wet cover back on a bed. Basically, the staff might be providing me with clean towels and bed linen, but they can't be trusted to do so.
Not great reception on the TV. Also the movie channels seem to be on an endless loop. i.e. in the time I've been here (about a month) all the movies have been on at least 3 times.
The first time my stay here was due to expire, it had already been extended but I still received a "our records indicate you're checking out tomorrow" note. I had to call the front desk to make sure this wasn't true and then get my card re-activated the next day when the reader in the lift wouldn't accept it.
Buffet breakfast is good and the breakfast staff is top notch. Nothing bad to say about that.
Large TV, good for watching things you downloaded yourself.
Fast enough WiFi for my liking.
Great bathroom despite no bath.
The English-speaking staff are great (although I've had little need of them).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reputedly the only urban tropical resort in Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Located in the heart of the city, within easy reach to business districts, major shopping malls, bars and restaurants.MiCasa All Suite Hotel offers 242 luxurious suites with a selection of one, two and three bedroom suites in a modern setting. Each suite is imbued with warm tones, stylishly furnished, ensuring privacy and exclusiveness. The innovative and thoughtful layout provides a comprehensive abode complete with kitchen fittings and latest equipment to whip out a good meal, befitting for long term stays and families.The award-winning Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar is refreshingly chic, serving French nouvelle cuisine with a touch of Japanese influence. Tapas Bistro & Bar an all day dining restaurant offers popular local cuisine and Western food, inclusive of punchy margaritas and exotic cocktails to unwind at the end of the day. Benefits include:• Free use of the gymnasium• Swimming pool with salt filtration• Free WIFI Broadband Internet Access• Selection of pillows• Designer kitchen with refrigerator, toaster, electric kettle, porcelain ware, imported stainless steel appliance and with a combi-oven to microwave, grill or roast• Daily housekeeping with turndown services• Self-service launderette • basement car park• Free scheduled shuttle service to major office buildings and shopping malls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia and Ctrip TA so you can book your MiCasa All Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Micasa All Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Hotel Micasa All Suite
- Micasa All Suite Kuala Lumpur