“Very nice”

Ranked #73 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Ok, so I'll caveat this review by noting that we did get upgraded, massively!! We originally booked a premier room, but due to circumstances which were generally out of the control of the hotel, they kindly upgraded us to a deluxe suite (which would have been around twice the price).

Having said that, I've stayed in suites of a similar price to the deluxe in the Pacific Regency, and the Pac Regency wins, hands down. The rooms have every amenity you could possibly require, and are extremely well laid out. If you're working or staying in KL for an extended period of time - 1 - 2 weeks, then I would highly recommend this hotel above most I've stayed at in the city!

We live in KL, but most weekends we pick a hotel to stay in because a) I'm too lazy to clean up, and b) my girlfriend can't cook. So to avoid any arguments which would invariably arise from us spending 48 hours together in our own house, we opt to go somewhere with a bar, pool, spa and/or restaurant, which is near a selection of good nightlife, to relax a little and enjoy our weekends together.

The Pacific Regency serves this all up extremely well! The rooftop pool (Luna) has stunning views of the city, which after dark turns into a nightclub. During the day there's a spa next to the pool where the misses can get soothing treatments whilst I rearrange my FIFA 1st team and cool off with a refreshing Tiger.

Location-wise it's very handy for Jalan Ampang, Jalan Mesui, Changkat (if that's the type of place that takes your fancy), or any number of KL's other decent partying establishments.

Room service was of a relatively good standard - no complaints - and certainly didn't hurt the bank. The room was also cleaned to a very high standard on both days of our stay, and all major supplies were topped up.

The room was extremely comfortable, and we both got 2 incredibly good nights' sleep - especially with the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door handle, and the late check-out on Sunday.

It really wasn't necessary for the staff to have upgraded us like they did, so we're extremely grateful to them for making us welcome and enhancing our stay - we really enjoyed it! I think in future we'll probably opt for the Pac Regency over Traders (just down the road) because of our experience there on this occasion.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick M
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Nick M
Thank you for the pleasant comments of our hotel. We appreciate had a good stay with us and we hope that Pacific Regency Hotel Suites will be your preferred choice of accommodation in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stay well.
The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed June 16, 2014

When we first checked in on june 11, no one welcomed us. We stood in front of the counter and the staff was minding their own business. We said excuse me and this staff whose name is joy told us to wait a moment. And after about five minutes, Joy told me to pass my ic or passport. She said that just by glancing at us and then continued staring at the computer. No smiles no welcome. When i got my passport out she said she could not find my booking and told me to email them on the spot the booking reference. I showed her through my phone but she wont accept. She took a long while before eventually getting us a room. There were no welcome drinks. She did not direct us to the seating lounge. We felt discriminated. The deposit was expensive which was rm300. We asked if we could pay in another currency, but we got an immediate "no" from another staff standing beside Joy.

When we finally got our room, my friend wanted to bathe but the water was extremely yellow with small bits of feaces coming out of the tap and bathtub! We immediately called management. They said they will send in a plumber in five mins. But no one came even after solid 15mins. We called again and they say another 15mins, and it goes on for an hour no one came and we kept calling and they kept delaying. At that point we went down to the lobby, ask for change of rooms. We got another room on the same row. And the same thing happen! The water was yellow like urine! So we called again waited and called and waited. They kept saying on the way or 15mins but no one came. We decided to go dinner as we cant wait any longer. So we went down and approach Leslie and told her that we have called numerous times and we want the water to be repaired as soon as we come back from dinner. She said ok.

After dinner we approached Leslie but she did not want to look at us and pretended to be busy. And then another staff name Jamaica told us to go up and check our rooms if it has been repaired! We were extremely patient and do as we're told. And not surprisingly, the bathtub which was filled with yellow water and leaking and the sink remained the same as we left them! We went down and the manager followed us up and finally changed us to another room which had clean waters. I have attached some pictures for reference.
This is my first time reviewing a hotel. Because i am not a fussy person but for this hotel i was so ticked off by the horrible service. I was shocked at the way they treated us. I just have to let others know of our experience in this hotel which claims to be five stars. I hope they improve their service along the way. I can assure you that this will be the first and the last time i book a room here.

5 Thank Shabrina92
Dear Shabrina92
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for not meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we take every comment seriously. We would appreciate if you could send us name, date of stay and email so that we can investigate and revert back to you on our findings.
Thank you once again for your feedback.
gm@pacific-regency.com
marcom@pacific-regency.com

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Service was amazing.

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Only negative is everyone is too friendly bwahahaha.

This hotel is ideally situated for shopping at the many malls in as its near to Pavilion, KLCC, Sungei Wang etc!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank krisweibo
Dear Krisweibo

Greeting from Pacific Regency Hotel Suites! Thank you for staying with us and we truly appreciate for your feedback. We are glad you had a wonderful experience with Pacific Regency Hotel Suites and we look forward to welcoming you back again to Pacific Regency Hotel Suites!
Manila
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my sister and a friend of mine. We stayed at one of their premier suites with our exclusive elevator for premier floors. Their suite is very impressive. Nicely decorated with attention to details. We even had our own dining table and kitchen. Their restroom was spacious and again, nicely decorated with classy bathroom fixtures. Buffet breakfast was delicious! An oh, the view from the restaurant was spectacular! I loved their Nasi Lemak. It was my first time to taste that Malaysian dish and oh boy I drooled. The hotel even have a rooftop bar that boasts of an extraordinary view facing the Petronas Towers. I will not forget this one of a kind bar that I truly enjoyed with my friends. Just a friendly reminder: You have to visit their bar before checking out from this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelbuddyy
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear travelbuddyy,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Pacific Regency Hotel Suites. We are glad to hear that you had great experience at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again. Thank you once again for your feedback.
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked in last-minute with this hotel, after having a terrible experience in Batam.

We arrived around 9.30pm to the grumpiest staff on the counter (the woman dealing with us called Jamaica), and we were not greeted at all but instead asked straight away for our credit card, only to be told that the reservations were closed for the night. Did she expect us to sleep on the street or something!? She reluctantly showed us the hotel laptop, and we showed her our booking tokens from expedia for the room.

We were then shown to our room, but with no mention where breakfast was/what time. I saw that there was only 1 towel in our room, so I called up to ask for an extra one. 30 minutes later it still hadn't arrived, so I called again. 10 minutes later, still hadn't arrived. I called again (unfortunately having to deal with Jamaica again), and she told me in an extremely rude manner that she had already asked the housekeeper to bring it, and with no apologies or anything. I then told her that she had not told us when breakfast was, and so she grumpily told us on the phone where it was, but only when I asked.

The room was fine. Apart from some dodgy filler job in the plug of the shower which wasn't very attractive, and the behind of the bath being absolutely filthy, everything was working fine. We had to hide the bath mat in the wardrobe however, because it was so grimy! I did not want to put my feet on that thank you very much.

The breakfast was okay. All your usual things there, but we were put in the smoking room because there was no seating available in the non-smoking dining area. This happened all 3 mornings unfortunately ..
The pool is quite nice on the roof, and in the evening it turns into a bar which is quite cool.
The gym is also good - we used this once.

I wouldn't stay here again because they seriously need to revamp their staff, who seemed tired, bored and uninterested in everyone there. It is fairly central though, and the rates are not bad for a weekday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Darcey Rose Eli... W
Dear Darcey Rose
Thank you for your feedback and sharing with us here on Tripadvisor. We regret to hear about your experience at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites recently. Would appreciate it if you could provide us your name, date of stay and email, to expedite with investigations and will keep you posted on our findings.
gm@pacific-regency.com
marcom@pacific-regency.com
Reviewed June 13, 2014

It is in a strategic location for shopping and food and for transportation. In the heart of the city. The service is at par to its ranking with very hospitable staffs. The first time i came to stay i had checked in late and there was a shortage of rooms. The GSM was very accomodating and quick. He put me up in a room within half an hour. A definate thumbs up as no one wants to wait long at counters. In my opinion it is money's worth stay in every aspect. My recommendation would be to stay in the exec suite for its beautiful view!

Dear Janz90,
Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Well worth every cent! We got upgraded to a premier suite for free! Great customer service , breakfast was great, 5 min walk to the touristy bars and shopping - highly recommended! The only thing is if you are a non smoker make sure you request a non smoking room at check in! P.s directly opposite the tower!

1 Thank Jaimi-Lee B
PRHSKL, The Management of Pacific Regency Hotel Suites at Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Jaimi-Lee
Thank you once again for your feedback.