Ok, so I'll caveat this review by noting that we did get upgraded, massively!! We originally booked a premier room, but due to circumstances which were generally out of the control of the hotel, they kindly upgraded us to a deluxe suite (which would have been around twice the price).
Having said that, I've stayed in suites of a similar price to the deluxe in the Pacific Regency, and the Pac Regency wins, hands down. The rooms have every amenity you could possibly require, and are extremely well laid out. If you're working or staying in KL for an extended period of time - 1 - 2 weeks, then I would highly recommend this hotel above most I've stayed at in the city!
We live in KL, but most weekends we pick a hotel to stay in because a) I'm too lazy to clean up, and b) my girlfriend can't cook. So to avoid any arguments which would invariably arise from us spending 48 hours together in our own house, we opt to go somewhere with a bar, pool, spa and/or restaurant, which is near a selection of good nightlife, to relax a little and enjoy our weekends together.
The Pacific Regency serves this all up extremely well! The rooftop pool (Luna) has stunning views of the city, which after dark turns into a nightclub. During the day there's a spa next to the pool where the misses can get soothing treatments whilst I rearrange my FIFA 1st team and cool off with a refreshing Tiger.
Location-wise it's very handy for Jalan Ampang, Jalan Mesui, Changkat (if that's the type of place that takes your fancy), or any number of KL's other decent partying establishments.
Room service was of a relatively good standard - no complaints - and certainly didn't hurt the bank. The room was also cleaned to a very high standard on both days of our stay, and all major supplies were topped up.
The room was extremely comfortable, and we both got 2 incredibly good nights' sleep - especially with the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door handle, and the late check-out on Sunday.
It really wasn't necessary for the staff to have upgraded us like they did, so we're extremely grateful to them for making us welcome and enhancing our stay - we really enjoyed it! I think in future we'll probably opt for the Pac Regency over Traders (just down the road) because of our experience there on this occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 283 suites, stylishly decorated with its trendy yet comforting feel, complete with modern amenities. Special touches in every suite include the roomy ensuite bathroom with separate shower, 40-inch LCD screen television with selected satellite channels, complimentary wireless internet access and stunning views of the Kuala Lumpur skyline. These suites are also great for longer stays in the cities as they come equipped with a kitchenette, complete with crockery and cutlery as well as a lounge area, but are also perfect for short homely stays. When night falls and it’s time to wine and dine, you don’t even have to set foot out of the building. The Pacific Regency Hotel Suites houses one of the most hip, trendy nightspots in the entire city; Luna Bar. Located on the rooftop of the 34th floor, expect an unparalleled 360˚ view of bustling Kuala Lumpur, topped off with great music, a stylish crowd, the rooftop pool and a chill, relaxed ambience. Choose to dine al-fresco, huddle up in dark comfy spots or be seated at any one of the several bars; whatever your choice, look forward to a night you’ll remember. If you’re in the mood for something spicy and tangy, stop off at the 23rd floor and dine at the Soi 23. Expect Northern Thai cuisine, bursting with exotic flavours that will tantalise your taste buds, available for lunch and dinner. If Thai food isn’t your thing, opt for their ala carte menu which offers local and Western delights, all served while you gaze out onto the KL skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Pacific Regency Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur