“Great stay, would stay again next time”

Pacific Regency Hotel Suites
Ranked #84 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great hotel at an affordable price. Stayed 5 nights in one bedroom suite. Concierge were very helpful. Had hotplates (stove) in kitchenette but had to request pots. Close to public transport and shopping centres which was convenient when traffic was really heavy. Really enjoyed the stay and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Kyva
Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a few issues when I initially arrived at the hotel as my room was not what I had requested as I needed 3 beds because my parents were joining me the following day. I had not seen my parents for 6 months therefore wanted seeing them to be perfect. Thankfully the manager of the hotel stepped in and sorted everything out for me and went above and beyond with helping me welcome my parents in the best possible way!! I wish I could remember their names but the manager and the other guy with him in reception were just brilliant!!

Made my stay so much more enjoyable and they turned what was a stressful situation into a great one!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cathykins1
Reviewed July 14, 2013

When I tried to access my room for the first time after checking in, I swiped my card and the door jammed. The latch was on the door so I couldn't enter the room. I quickly realised that there was already someone in there and I was about to walk in on them! What a HUGE security risk! The employee at reception tried to cover it up but did a bad job and made me feel even more insecure about staying there.

The staff were very unfriendly and there was always a queue at the reception. They never apologised for the long wait. It took me 30mns to check out.

I wouldn't stay here again.

2  Thank ciaradoaln
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had been there for a day. I preferred the deluxe room for its size (700+ Sq Ft) but i was "upgraded" to premier deluxe room and the reception desk gave reason that there is too much of rush because of which they cannot give me the room I booked so they upgraded my room.

Check in was terrible. Passport, booking number, name and email was not enough to get registered. I had a "passbook" entry from hotels.com on my iPhone - event that was not accepted. They needed me to forward the booking confirmation to one of their email ID

The room was pretty good. However some lights in the kitchenette section was not working and a light in the room even was in non-working condition. The maintenance/quality manager should be taking care of all these stuffs...

The bathroom was extremely clean but the maintenance was so poor with commode not flushing out the water which created a mess and unhygienic environment.

The hotel is worth its value provided the service and the maintenance improves.

Wifi for business purpose was slow enough.

Room Tip: The front desk guys are highly inefficient. Be ready with a printed copy of your hotel booking or be...
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a basic room overlooking the towers which was lovely. Rooms a good size. Kitchen a litte dated and caret worn in places, however adequate for our needs.
Location fantastic for sightseeing, shopping etc.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MrandMrsSmith80s
Reviewed July 5, 2013

After a long flight at 8:30 in the morning the last thing you want to hear is come back at 2pm check in time, I told the lass I was tired and got s shrug and smile
2 pm check in time, Luna bar is very nice would be okay for a romantic night cap

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay their again so my tip would be find somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
2  Thank Larryhow
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Check in was terrible. Booking number, passport, or name and email was not enough to get registered. They needed me to forward the booking confirmation before the 3 (!) people helping us managed to give us a room key.

The room is in theory on a non-smoking floor but it reeks of cigarettes. Luckily we are not allergic. The toilet had brown smudges on the outside and the counter was greasy. There were no adaptor plugs in the room and apparently, they are unable to provide one even though it is promised in the room description folder (of course we should have brought our own).

We have yet to try the other facilities in the building but we have so low expectations that I actually think we'd rather just check out (even though this is non refundable) and stay somewhere else.

DONT STAY HERE!!