“Big rooms, good location, great value for money”

Pacific Regency Hotel Suites
Ranked #71 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
London, United Kingdom
“Big rooms, good location, great value for money”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here in April 2012 and thought this hotel made a great base from which to explore KL. The room was really spacious and comfortable, and also very quiet. The roof-top pool was lovely during the day, though we didn't visit the pool bar at night. The restaurant in the hotel was very quiet when we were there so we didn't eat there. The staff were all helpful, particularly in helping us to arrange our onward travel. We would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good value hotel without too many overpriced luxury extras.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy878

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed in the Pacific Regency from 11th-13th July and it was a really good stay. Chris at the front desk was really helpful in holding my room for me when I check-in late, and was extremely patient when I lost my way and called several times to ask him for directions.

I was given a free upgrade and the room is much bigger than I had expected. Besides the bed, I get a sitting area, dining area, kitchenette and the bathroom with the walk-in wardrobe is just fantastic. I stayed at the 32nd floor, just one floor below the Luna bar. I could slightly hear the bass but it didn't bother me as it got drowned out the moment I switched on the TV. I called room service for breakfast the next day. Price was normal room service rate, but there are certainly much rooms for improvement for the quality of the food.

And the free Wi-fi was really helpful. Very very important. I didn't had any problem with the connection at all through my stay, although I read in several earlier reviews about the switching on/off of the router.

All in all I had a great stay at Pacific Regency and will likely to stay there again when I visit KL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris A
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in June. It is a fantastic hotel that is reasonably priced and with huge rooms. The service is very good and we had a very comfortable trip. We also ate at both of the restaurants in the hotel, the food was fantastic and breakfast was also a good spread. If I am in KL I will be going here again.

3 Thank rst1985
Sin City
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a standard king bed room; HUGE bedroom/lounge & bathroom. One of the biggest we've stayed in & very clean. Comes with equipped kitchen, sitting area & dining table, king size bed, HUGE bathroom with separate walk in shower & bath, loads of storage. VERY comfy bed, quiet room.
Hotel facility was good; nice breakfast spread; mix of local fare & western. Roof top pool & bar were awesome, surround view of KL city. Hotel in leafy streets next to the Telekom tower, 10min walk to Petronas twin towers which is then another 10min walk (via air-condition walking tunnels) to Bukit Bintang shopping strip. Really good value, will stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KEE2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was staying at this hotel for 5 nights between 13th till 18th of June.
Stayed at one bedroom suite.

Pros:
Room huge and spacious.
Self-service laundry. (washing and drying will cost you RM20 or approx 7USD)
10mins walking to the nearest monorail station. (bukit nanas station)
The one and only hotel's staff who were smiling throughout my stay was Ms Sharon from front desk.

Cons:
The bed sheet has never been change during my 5 nights stay even though they did clean the room everyday!!! Not trying to being picky but i noticed it on my last night of stay. I used to work at the hotel and know very well how it suppose to be and look like.
The staff seems unhappy to welcoming or serving you.
We were staying on 24th floor. During my stay, the floor was under refurbishment. You can stay on that floor if you dont mind to hear drilling and knocking sound everyday!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meow_Boy

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were sceptical about staying in this hotel, but we thought we'd book it as it was good value for money, and it had a kitchenette. Considering that - it was still the most expensive hotel we stayed in during our holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia. so Since this was about $60 more expensive a night, we were expecting total luxury.

Rooms:
The room was ok - spacious wise. The bed was comfy, and the bathroom was clean. It did have an old smell to it - but it was something we could deal with.
The walls are paper thin. On our second night, we could hear the neighbours TV blasting. We rang reception and they asked him to turn it down. However on the next night, whoever was next door was enjoying some intimate time with a lady, and it was VERY loud. And i am not exaggerating this - but it was as if we were in the same room. We were awoken at 2.40 pm, and it went on for an hour. After we couldn't get back to sleep, and having turned our TV on, we rang reception to let them know. Reception did ring the neighbour (because we heard the phone ring), however after an hour or so, the neighbours started their "enjoyment" again. It was the worst nights sleep, and really something we do not want to hear.

The customer relations service was not good at all. When we first got their, i asked what we should do in Kuala Lumpur as it was our first visit. She just showed me a map, and circled the shopping centres and Petronas Towers. So After going through the shops, and seeing Petronas towers we were puzzled with what to do next. They were not at all helpful at educating us on KL. It wasn't until the last day that I noticed a free information booklet at the front desk (when my husband was complaining about our room noise) that contained a lot more information about the city and little hidden places we should go visit.

WiFi
It's ok when you are connected (except they often need to restart the router). However if you don't use your internet for about 5 minutes, you need to sign in again and again which is REALLY annoying.

Pool
Great views and nice pool, however it closes at 7pm to give way for the club. Sad because the time we normally would love spending at the pool is after 7pm.

Location
The location is OK, but i probably wouldnt stay here again, and i'd probably pay the extra $10 a night.

1 Thank LuisaPag
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in march this year as we traveled south east Asia, the first night we stayed the air con piping leaked and unfortunately water dripped slowly from ceiling on to my laptop, the hotel moved us to a different room, but we had to on go with them to it centre in kuala lumpur, for 5 hours we where in the centre waiting for the laptop to be repaired, we left and told the head of security of the hotel that we be back at hotel, I got my laptop back that evening but the problem was still not fixed, they said they will send it off and I will have it back on that Friday before checkout, Friday came no laptop, they said they will it on to me, where ever I was in Asia, I agreed, after a week I said I will call them as the general manager manager mr.chong did not seem able to answer my emails, I rang 23 times everytime the staff told he was in a meeting, as I was ringing from a hotel phone, that cost came to ca. 200 dollars in total, I got an email on the 26 of April saying the laptop is repaired, I told to send to Ireland as I be back home when it would arrive. The laptop came on the 7 of may, an did not work at all not even charge, I brought the laptop to a service provider of Packard bell he informed that no repair can be done on this laptop from side of Packard bell as non original parts including a mainborad of unknown manufactor was installed!!! The hotel refunded us the cost of the stay after massive arguments, and I paid the extras e.g food, drinks, room service etc. by cash, but what happened the Hotel informed me then that they refunded the stay and only charged the extras to our credit card. It is now July and in total 17 emails sent to the general manager of the hotel. Not even one reply.
We will never stay there again and I would strongly discourage anybody staying there, u don't something like happening to you while on holiday and the amount of hassle was unbelievable, it is ashame that I can not post photos or copies of emails in this review, as I certaintly would like too. However I have contacted the kuala lumpur newspaper if they would publish this.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple