Pacific Regency Hotel Suites
$96
$91
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$177
  • Restaurant
$92
$87
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$78
$67
Very Good 4/5
$154
$138
  • Fitness center
2,136 results
All reviewsluna barkl towerrooftop poolsuperior suiterooms are hugetop floorfree upgradetaxi driverbukit bintangtwin towersfront officegolden trianglepublic transportmonorail stationcristallokitchenetteconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in march this year as we traveled south east Asia, the first night we stayed the air con piping leaked and unfortunately water dripped slowly from ceiling on to my laptop, the hotel moved us to a different room, but we had to on go with them to it centre in kuala lumpur, for 5 hours we where in the centre waiting for the laptop to be repaired, we left and told the head of security of the hotel that we be back at hotel, I got my laptop back that evening but the problem was still not fixed, they said they will send it off and I will have it back on that Friday before checkout, Friday came no laptop, they said they will it on to me, where ever I was in Asia, I agreed, after a week I said I will call them as the general manager manager mr.chong did not seem able to answer my emails, I rang 23 times everytime the staff told he was in a meeting, as I was ringing from a hotel phone, that cost came to ca. 200 dollars in total, I got an email on the 26 of April saying the laptop is repaired, I told to send to Ireland as I be back home when it would arrive. The laptop came on the 7 of may, an did not work at all not even charge, I brought the laptop to a service provider of Packard bell he informed that no repair can be done on this laptop from side of Packard bell as non original parts including a mainborad of unknown manufactor was installed!!! The hotel refunded us the cost of the stay after massive arguments, and I paid the extras e.g food, drinks, room service etc. by cash, but what happened the Hotel informed me then that they refunded the stay and only charged the extras to our credit card. It is now July and in total 17 emails sent to the general manager of the hotel. Not even one reply.
We will never stay there again and I would strongly discourage anybody staying there, u don't something like happening to you while on holiday and the amount of hassle was unbelievable, it is ashame that I can not post photos or copies of emails in this review, as I certaintly would like too. However I have contacted the kuala lumpur newspaper if they would publish this.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hawkeye200
Reviewed July 7, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Hawkeye200
Reviewed July 6, 2012

my first impression of this hotel is nice. i reserved through the telephone and it went on very smoothly and conveniently. the staff is very friendly, especially one staff named Rami. He was very kind and very much helpful. we are very glad to find him in this hotel.
the rooftop swimming pool which is turned to a bar at night is very beautiful and the service at the bar was really great too!
i am definitely satisfied and i would return here.
this hotel is worth my stay and i'd recommend my friends to stay here also!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for ten days while helping host a conference. The suite was massive, we held meetings in it and I was able to unpack and really make myself comfortable

The only negative was that the first room I was given stunk of smoke. They asked me to stay one night before they could move me but I refused, so I was given another suite for one night and then had to move again the next day - to one almost identical, so I'm not sure why I couldn't have stayed where I was, however once settled in everything was fine

Breakfast was fabulous, an every-changing buffet so there was no boredom during the ten days. We also ate here several times and the food was very good

The location is fabulous, and easy walk to the KL Tower, Petronas Towers and shopping. The only downside was the steep hill back up, but we found a short-cut from the street below which allowed us to use a lift rather than walk up the hill

I didn't use the pool but it looked lovely

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non-smoking if this is what you require, as the smokers' rooms stink
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KKatherine
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights in an Executive Suite. The rooms are massive and easily big enough for a small family. The rooms have excellent views of parts of KL, and although the rooms are a bit tired and dated, it's still good value for money. The breakfasts were basic, but decent value. Mind you, they did have a smoking area in the breakfast room and I could smell the smoke quite easily. I thought that was a bit tacky.

I thought the staff were excellent. I read one or two negative reviews about them, but can say they are as good as any hotel in South-East Asia. Friendly and professional and very busy!

On a negative side, the Luna Bar is incredibly overrated and a waste of time. Expensive drinks and a ghost town is what the Luna Bar is. It is made worse by the fact that they close the only pool down at 7pm just to open the Luna Bar. Don't waste your time going there.

I found a really good taxi driver there on this occasion. I well spoken man by the name of Azmi (Ph: 0173429005). Very knowledgeable and gave me great conversation during my time there. He is well worth requesting if you have a long taxi ride.

Overall, if you're looking to save a few dollars, this is a good thing. Bear in mind, that it's a 5 star exterior, 5 star service, but a 4 star hotel room.

Room Tip: The Executive suite is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo