Pearl International Hotel markets itself as being midway of KL and PJ - it may not be the best option for tourists - as it's not close to the LRT (public train transport) or to the main tourist sites. However, they offer a very good price for meeting packages (especially the corporate rate for government).
1. The hotel has been refurbished - new design in the rooms, new furniture.
2. Overall - clean, no carpet smell or smoke smell in rooms, clean hallways
3. Friendly and courteous staff (reception, banquet, sales)
4. Very clean swimming pool on the 5th floor - (the main pool is 1.5m deep across, so it might not be safe for kids. there's a shallow pool too)
5. Located above a shopping mall - there's a supermarket, 7-11, Starbucks, Subway, Kenny Rogers, mamak, all downstairs, very convenient
1. Rooms were refurbished - but sheets weren't! I read about stained sheets in tripadvisor.. so I checked mine when I got into my room - old stain spots were visible on both sheets of the beds in my room! - I called housekeeping and they changed the sheets promptly
2. Lack of clear TV channels - only the local TV channels were clear, the rest were fuzzy in my room
Average points because...
1. Some parts of the hotel is still old and need maintenance, refurbishing - meeting rooms
2. Food selection during meals is repetitive - if you stay here for 2 days, you'll be eating the same dishes cooked in slightly different styles over again
3. Lack of access to reliable public transport
I quite like the hotel - but to move from average to good - they really need to look into the finer details of what they offer - new sheets, TV channels, better food, maybe free shuttle service too.
It's a place to consider for big meeting events or conferences - they offer very competitive group package pricing. If you're a tourist and only have a few days in KL to visit main attractions, Pearl may not be the option unless you don't mind taking taxi rides everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pearl International Hotel Kuala Lumpur Unveiling A New Experience! Strategically located between Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya, Pearl International Hotel is an iconic business class hotel located in the heart of Old Klang Road offering 480 comfortable guest rooms that are modern contemporary and tastefully furnished. Guests also enjoy great shopping experience as the hotel is located within Pearl Point Shopping Mall and next to the newly-opened Pearl Shopping Gallery (adjoining via link bridge) and other leisure facilities provided within the surrounding of the hotel building.. The hotel creates a balance of rich F&B dining with modern day convenience to make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pearl International Hotel Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pearl International Kuala Lumpur