“The room like maze,....unique in somehow”

Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #60 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The room like maze,....unique in somehow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

First impression of the room totally like maze. The TV and bed in different side. So if want to watch TV have sit on the lazy chair.
The toilet and bathroom is separated. No complementary water which other hotel provided.

Good thing, is station to take Grassline Bus to Singapore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Epiyone
Mondi M, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Epiyone,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the feedback with regards to your stay experience. We apologise for not meeting your expectations on the drinking water as we do provide two bottles complimentary to the room daily. We hope that this isolated incident will not deter your from visiting Berjaya Times Square Hotel in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Berjaya Times Square Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Accommodative lobby and good amount of lifts for easy access to hotel rooms. Great service at the reception department. Spacious executive room with good view of the swimming pool. Complete toiletries range. However, quite a limited channels on the tv. Also limited choices for breakfast. Good location for access to the mall but a bit confusing to go back to the hotel after 10pm. Access route to the hotel is not clearly appointed. Cooperative staff, good rate.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AiiniiAli,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your positive comments about our team members’ services, and the positive write up of your stay experience. We believe in welcoming our guests as if we were at home, and I am happy to hear that your experience was of a positive one. This feedback will certainly inspire the team to be outstanding in their service delivery and beneficial to readers around the globe.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This i would say its a very good hotel and convenient location.

I would like to say the check in should improve. The first lady whom i spoke to promise to call me once our 3 rooms of superior rooms were ready.
No calls was made to us. After waiting for 1hour plus, when me and my bf decided to go to the Bukit Jalil Stadium i tried 1 last attempt to check if our rooms were ready. By now i guess there is a change in staff and as we have 3 rooms, we have to have 3 passports and credit card to hold the bookings.
At first staff could not find me under my passport and when i ask if can use my credit card as i have given my credit card for deposit.
Then only the reception staff mention that 2 out of 3 rooms were ready.
No calls was made, i could have gone up to room while waiting.
Next few staff which i spoke to was good, made us alot of reccomendation how to go bukit jalil and talking about taking mini bus to airport as we have a total number of 7 pax. He save us alot of money as 1 mini van is 200myr.

In room Meal Service,
I hope they can improve the buffalo wings and seafood basket. The Wings is dry and no appealing enough to eat. Seafood basket has more flour coated then the food itself.

Room was okay but i guess the room design was wrong in the first place. I kind of flooded the bathroom when i try using the tub to bathe. The water does not flow to drain but to the other toilet.

bedroom and living room was good. I had a good night rest, Either the concert made me tired or the bed is too comfortable.

Nearby shopping i find sungei wang is better then berjaya shopping centre.

Dear meowfy,

We thank for your feedback about our hotel and for taking the time to write your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of my team for the lack of follow up on your arrival requests and the quality of the food that you had experienced. We deeply regret that your check in experience did not reflect the quality of service that we strive for. I have highlighted your points to the operations team to ensure we minimise such recurrence. Rest assured, that all the issues concerned will be given due attention accordingly. On a separate note thank you for your feedback on the helpful associates that you had met and who gave you good recommendation. Your feedback will certainly inspire the team to excel further.
We hope that this isolated incident will not deter you and your friends from visiting Berjaya Times Square Hotel in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Fantastic! Better then my expectation! we were glad that we chose to pay a little more to the upgraded/renovated room! there are polarized review in agoda or TA, as it depends on the rooms u have chosen. any room with the ' Premier' are rooms that are renovated, costing at least SGD50 extra++/ night. But it comes with free breakfast, so i think its worth it for the upgrade.

Premier Studio: the room was v spacious, the king size bed was very comfy with 4 pillows - v sound sleep at night, free welcome fruits, great dvd stereo connect to tv - we bought dvds for the night, view was great - old city view thats unblock, bathroom had 2 doors inter connecting - with separate shower area and bath tub. wardrobe was spacious with robes etc.

Location: from the airport, it takes 40 min by cab ( airport taxi- fixed at RM75) even on a rainy day. it is conveniently located at Imbi Station (monorail), so it is easy to travel to the different sightseeing places. BTS is well known among cab drivers and locals, hence its hard for you to get lost.

As the hotel is located above berjaya times square shopping centre, you do not need to worry if you need to find food, last min shopping, theme park entertainment for the kids etc. super great when you're stuck in the heavy rain and do not need to travel far!

Hotel is strategically located in the bukit bintang area, just cross the road and you've reached sungai wang plaza, pavilion, lot 10 for more food and shopping! within walking distance you can enjoy street food at japan alor ( although its a little touristy and over commented), oversea restaurant ( chinese/ cantonese restaurant- more pricey but super nice char siew, roster duck/ pigeon, etc)

Service wise- Check in and out was fast and good. Staff were polite and accommodating. ( comparatively to other hotels I've been to in the area, i travel to KL on yearly basis) To handle a pretty fussy customer like me, non smoking room, double room, high floor, unblock view and other request, i must say they've handled me quite well. ( thats why i felt that they are worth this long review :) What really surprised me what that I was searching high and low the whole of berjaya time square shopping centre, for a place that sells birthday candles ( wanted to give a birthday surprise to my hubby ) but i could not find a place that sells candle.. not even cold storage or 7 eleven. Just as I was prepared to give up the idea, i approach the reception counter and the staff directed me to Big apple ( in house restaurant). Not only did they provided me the candle for free, the lady also gave me a box of matchsticks for free! ( although i din request for it, just casually asked for the nearest 7eleven to buy a lighter)

really kudos to the staff at BTS, we will definitely be back next year this timing again! :))

Room Tip: get the renovated rooms! although on a higher premium but it does comes with breakfast, which kinda...
1 Thank ml08576
Mondi M, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear ml08576,

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again in the not too distant future! And do contact me personally to make the necessary arrangements on your next stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have recently spent a week at this hotel. Arriving after midnight the check in was easy and friendly and included an unsolicited upgrade. The room was very generous in size. The fittings and furnishings, although not new were in excellent condition. We were made to feel very welcome by all staff at every level and they were solicitous of our needs and whims. Breakfast was included and offered a great array that should satisfy all tastes and customs. The location of the hotel is fantastic and was within easy walking/train distance of the main shopping and eating attractions! We found nothing to complain about.

1 Thank Cartwell
Dear Cartwell,

I was extremely delighted to read your review of the hotel and pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the room, the facilities and the location as well as our team member’s friendly service. Your comments will certainly be beneficial to travellers around the world! We look forward to welcoming you once again and in the meantime Happy Travels!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our family have just returned from 6 nights at the hotel and overall had a really good time of it.
Check in was simple, straightforward and no nonsense and we were in our room within 10 minutes of arrival, with luggage already in place. Just what was needed when arriving at 11:30 pm.
Our accommodation was great (two bedroom deluxe) and the kitchenette was quite functional, just required a few additional utensils to be perfect.
Some of the furnishings were a little tired and could use a refresh and the air-con didn't work quite as well as we might have hoped but was OK.
We purchased breakfast with the accommodation and would recommend all travellers do so as well. Great selection of food for many tastes and nationalities and plenty of it. The serving staff were attentive and always pleasant.
The pool was huge and well maintained. The gym was small but had a reasonable number of machines.
The hotel was adjacent to a monorail station (Imbi) which made for good transport options.
Our rooms were in the western tower and had great views of KL Tower, Petronas Towers and large areas of the city. Amazing views.
Although I hate to admit it, my wife chose really well. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Choose the western tower and rooms on the northern end for the best views of the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David_C_C_1
Dear David_C_C_1,

We were extremely delighted to read your review of the hotel and pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, in addition to the excellent location and surrounding areas. Your comments will certainly be beneficial to other readers around the world! We sincerely appreciate your positive comments about our team members’ services. We believe in welcoming our guests as if we were at home, and I am happy to hear that your experience was of a positive one. This feedback will certainly inspire the team to be outstanding in their service delivery. We have noted on your comment with regards to the air condition and will address this with our maintenance team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel once again in the not too distant future!

Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay here. I was here for biz trip for a couple of days. I had couriered a parcel before my arrival but due to some hiccups from the courier service the parcel didn't arrive before I checked in. The staff was kind to check through all their records if any of their staff had recieve it on my behalf. The parcel came the next morning after checking with the courier services.
Next, the room i had was spacious, though slightly dated was very well maintained.
Bellboys were informative give directions and advise when i need to adjourn to my meeting places.
I like the location as everything is within reach even for the train station which is walking distance.
Berjaya Times Square Hotel, you spoilt be as a business traveler and I would love to be back again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Daxhl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your positive comments about our team members’ excellent attitude and attention and care. We believe in welcoming our guests as if we were at home, and I am happy to hear that the team has been instinctive to your needs and that your experience was of a positive one. This feedback will certainly inspire the team to be outstanding in their service delivery!
We look forward to welcoming you back with us again in the not too distant future.