“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #62 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Jarrow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My friend and I booked a package and we got a 1 bedroom suite. It was fantastic. Could sleep comfortably. The wifi in the bedroom part is a little weak though. There's a cupboard with bathrobes, room slippers, iron. There are two towers and in between the two towers, there's a shopping centre and a theme park in the shopping centre. The Imbi station is also close by. The room we had was on a higher floor and we could see overview of the city. The only hassle bit was the lift as there's a number of floors, at times, we had to skip a lift or two as they were crowded.

Room Tip: It's one of the better hotels to stay in KL irregardless of the room you get.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bably80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Was there on 21 to 23 dec 2012. We took the superior suite which is just nice for 3 adults and 2 children. There's a kitchenette which is great since we need to put our baby's food and milk powder and bottles. Feel like home though. The sofa need to be changed though as we sat on the same type of sofa back in 2010. The counter staffs are better also with more locals faces. Appreciate the early check in and late check out too(perhaps we are lucky). We will consider berjaya times square again in future.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Masdiana
M0NDIMECJA, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur’s staff and management, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting our hotel as your hospitality destination.

It was truly a pleasure to have had you with us and I am glad that you had a pleasant experience as reflected by our true Malaysian Hospitality.

Looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Geneal Manager
Singapore
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Went with a family of 8 so we booked 2 Superior room suite. Check-in was swift; was initially told that the available 2 King's bed will be a tower apart which will be tough as we're coming with elderly grandma. However the front-office did a great service by scouting through the system and managed to find 2 Kings which is just 2 floors different. Security is excellent. They have guest card system which activates your respective floor. Say, if your suite is at Level 20, you can only access the 20th floor. The lift button will restrict the movement if you attempt to roam to other floors. Bell-boys, room service and housekeeping has done a great job. They are responsible and fast. I have no qualms providing them with heavy tips. Overall, will definitely be coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the swimmiing pool because not only it's beautiful, you get to enjoy t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ca_fanatic04
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Well i previously stayed in 2010 the original wing of the hotel... It was great... Beautiful i'd say... Luxurious... Then recently i stayed at the new wing which was on the other side of the shopping centre... It wasn't a great experience... Had to change room 4 times due to airconditioning not working... Lobby felt like an old style apartment... The rooms were so so... Just not maintained i guess... The whole feel of it being a luxurious hotel was off... The breakfast was superb tho'...

• Stayed June 2012
M0NDIMECJA, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing to us. Your kind comments are truly appreciated as it encourages us to improve our service delivery to all our esteemed guests. Rest assured that we take our guest satisfaction very seriously.

The comments that you’ve mentioned have been brought to the attention of the respective department heads concerned and we will endeavour to improve further.

Once again, thank you for staying with us at the Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. I look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Geneal Manager
Greystanes, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed for three nights for our first visit to Kuala Lumpur. We had a suite with a fantastic uncluttered view over a former prison( if you are interested check out its story) and out towards the highlands. The room was magnificent. Bathroom with showered and bath, separate toilet and wash basin, kitchenette if we had wanted it. The hotel sits on top of the most amazing shopping centre which has its own amusement park (not for oldies like me but the kids seemed to like it). Full of many shops and great restaurants. There is a monorail station linked to the building for travel uptown. The staff were wonderful, so helpful. Breakfast was a buffet . In general OK but try to avoid peak periods when they get rushed off their feet . NB cold fried eggs were a real turn off and should not have even been offered as a food course.
Otherwise a splendid place.
One hint if you are travelling to KL the airport is a good hour from the city by car. It took us less time to fly from Singapore than to get to the hotel. as part of our package we had a transfer into the city which was long, boring and cramped. In hindsight I think taking the train, the Airport Express might have been more comfortable especially after a cramped flight on Tiger airways.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joolsey
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur’s staff and management, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write to us.

It is with such invaluable feedback that helps us in constantly gauging where we stand with our service delivery. I have since addressed your concerns with regards to the egg station with our Executive Chef and will ensure that we maintain the correct temperature of our food items served.

It was truly a pleasure to have had you stay with us and I am glad that you had a pleasant experience overall.

Looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 15, 2012

An imposing building with a terracotta colouring dominates the landscape in downtown Kuala Lumpur. The hotel comprises of two wings A and B connected through a walk away on the 15th floor. Access to the hotel is controlled with swipe cards that allows you entry to the elevators and monitored right till your room. Roomsare well equipped with the usual amenities associated with a four star hotel of international standing.

Complimentary breakfast is on the 14th floor and has a mixed spread of continental and Asian cuisine. The highlight of this hotel is its proximity to the Times Square mall with residents having direct entry from the lobby. The Taxi stand and the monorail is just outside the main Lobby area which is a distinct advantage for the tourists.

Reception staff are efficient and courteous and customer friendly. Room service was slow probably due to the heavy occupancy level because of the holiday season.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool in A wing
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank puchka
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Poor service. Duty manager only concerned abt guest checkin not guest checkin out. I called to inform the front desk that I wish to check out late. I was told that I could do so at 1.30 instead of usual 12.

I returned to room at 12.30. Key was locked out. Btw, you need the key to go up to the room. I had to walk all the way to the other wing (hotel has 2 wings and they are far far apart).

I queued up. Was served by the duty manager himself and if you are expecting Mr Anwar to give you excellent service. Forget it. His first look was a disapproving look. Then he proceeded to say "check out time is 12pm". I explained I called and he ask does he know the name of the staff who took call. The?? Then he goes on to say "there is no late check out for today". I believe he was lying as when I was stuck in the lift, there was another couple who also had the same problem. They were queuing behind me and were served by the counter beside me and the excellent staff politely explained policy and activated the card. When he left the front desk, I was still be interrogated by Mr Anwar. He proceeded to tell me that if I came down later then 1.30pm they would charge me more $$$. He then proceeded to give me only 1 card and said he will take back 1 card.

I walked very far back to tower A. Waited a long time for lifts (lifts take very long due to peak hours??? Or just lack of lifts?). Got into lifts and look like a fool trying to press my floor. Can't again. I have to walk back again. When I reached Mr Anwar (and we all think the duty manager should set an example to be more customer service). He asked me to WAIT! Then proceed to say that there is nothing wrong with the card?!!!. If there is nothing wrong with he card, why would I bother walking a few hundred meters back and fro??? And then tried to explain operations contrains etc to me?!! I raised my voice and it's only then that a concierge boy politely came by to say he will escort me.

Dear management, if you are reading this, its obvious many of your staff understand customer service better than mr Anwar who is the duty manager. Mind you he is the person in charge. He is Not Polite. No thank yous or sorrys offered. And spoke like he didn't value paying customers. It's almost like he was forced to serve customers. And beneath him to do so since he is not a front desk staff.

Besides that, there was no hair dryer in the room which I had to call 3 times before it was delivered.

Room was small. It was smoking instead of non smoking, twin instead of double. Half a toilet roll which ran out. all these i can understand as its peak period.

But what is most appalling must be the attitude of the Duty Manager. Spoilt all possibility of a good stay. I even missed my 2.30pm coach because I had to walk back and forth (30min delay) and only because Mr Anwar chose to take 1 card back.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Foodiemonkie
M0NDIMECJA, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to write to us.
Your comments are valuable to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service to serve you better.

On behalf of the team, I would like to personally extend my sincerest apology for the inconvenience experienced during your recent stay. It is rather unlike Anwar to have reacted this way and certainly highly unacceptable for him to have done so.
I have personally met with Anwar and the Department Head concerned and addressed this serious "misconduct" with the both of them. Anwar has since been issued a warning.
Rest assured, we do not tolerate such behaviour and will always endeavour to ensure that all our staff are offering nothing but the best to all our guest.

As a gesture of our commitment, we would like to invite you back for a 3D 2N stay, in anticipation of allowing us the opportunity in proving that we are certainly capable of more.
Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can then make the necessary arrangements for you.

We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels