Lowest prices for your stay
$67
No prepayment needed
Official Hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
silence b
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Lack of info
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 2, 2012
I haven't been to Berjaya Times Square Hotel yet, but I haven't had a good experience getting in touch with the hotel. I have heard good reviews about it, which is why I was interested in staying there and I wanted futher information. The number on the website appears to be for a call center. Whenever I call, the attendant doesn't have information about the room types and rates and says she'll direct my call to someone who knows. And when she does, no one answers. And this has happened multiple times. How are we supposed to decide to stay there, when the hotel staff is not even reachable and you can't get crucial information?
Date of stay: December 2012
1.5 miles from Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Restaurant
View more hotels in Kuala Lumpur
3,318 results
All reviews shopping mall indoor theme park berjaya times square imbi monorail station swimming pool same building bukit bintang living room food court buffet breakfast petronas towers club room floor
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2012

everything is great and satisfying except the poor internet connection. it is very very slow! i had to refresh several times in order to fully load a webpage. it is every frustrating when some inputs ihad typed has lost due to the refresh.

Date of stay: November 2012
M0NDIMECJA, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the invaluable feedback.
We are definitely glad to know that your overall stay was a pleasant one indeed.

With regards to the internet speed, we are glad to announce that we have recently increased it to 20MB, to cater to the ever increasing needs of our esteemed guests.

Once again, I would like to extend my heartiest appreciation for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My team and I look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We personally like the location of the hotel, close to the main belt of Bt Bintang. Furthermore, we been to Times Squares a couple of times and we notice there are more interesting shops in the mall than before. Next to it is the Imbi station which makes travelling to other parts of KL convenient.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are certainly very pleased to know that your stay with Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur was a pleasant one indeed.

On behalf of the team, I would like to extend my heartiest appreciation for having chosen us as your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My team and I do look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

As a family of three we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was more than adequate for any person and our daughter is Coeliac and had no problems with their food served. Location is excellent once you get to know the location of the other shopping malls we walked over to Petronas towers in the day and the night no problems. Yes the rooms are a little tired but you get that considering the age of the hotel. They were very clean and even thought the beds looked hard we slept very well no noise or discomfort. We would stay here again as Time square is quite good shopping and plenty of eating places. Yes the WiFi did not work in the room but we went for a holiday not to be attached to our computers face booking everyone, you can do that in the restaurants or in the foyer if you have too, More to life than the internet...

Room tip: Higher floors have better view of the city skyline which is fantastic at night.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Katsam101087
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've stayed twice in Berjaya Times Square Hotel and found place a great value. We had a room on the 41st floor with a fantastic view of the Petronas Towers right from our bedroom. It was very clean, the beds a little stiff and good for my back. The carpets were a bit worn out but the tub, shower, towels and linens were clean. What's great about it is that connected to the hotel is the Times Square Mall with 14 floors of shopping boutiques; lots of eating places - from pizza, to Japanese to Continental and of course Malaysian food to suit any budget. It also had a theme park for the kids on the 7th floor. No problem for taxis at any time of day; a connection to the monorail. It was also about 5 minutes away from Central Market, which was also a must place to visit for shopping for all sorts of curios and souvenirs. In my book its a great value!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing in.
We are very glad to know that your stay with Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur was a delightful one indeed.

On behalf of the team, I would like to extend my heartiest appreciation for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My team and I certainly look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is my second time staying at Berjaya Times Square Service Apartment and I would not think of staying at another hotel/ service apartment while in KL. This trip, I stayed for 24 days.

Pauline Ooi (Advisor for Service Apartment), who was my contact person for making reservations and go to person for all other needs or concerns, was excellent. Anytime I had any concerns or questions, she would take the time to address them. She is a terrific asset to Berjaya Hotel.

I arrived at KLIA at 10 PM and was leery about taking an airport taxi so I made arrangements with Ms Ooi for hotel transportation. My arrival was actually delayed by one day due to the fault of Air Canada and Berjaya concierge and Ms. Ooi reassured me that everything would be fine, not to worry and they'd pick me up the next evening, which they did. I was very pleased with the hotel transportation and greeting service.

I stayed in a one bedroom service apartment. It had a huge King sized bed. Before I arrived, I requested from Ms. Ooi that they provide me with a mattress that was not too firm and also a topper as I have back problems. The bed was very comfortable.

I also requested an extra bed for four nights and they brought the bed with extra towels, pillow and bottled water.

There was a nice size kitchen complete with apartment size refrigerator/ freezer, all the silverware, plates, mugs, cups and utensils including microwave, hot plate, pots and pans, water pitcher, and kettle. Loved the kitchen. The hot plate and pots came in handy for steaming kueh that I had bought the day before. There's also a small dining table which can comfortably seat four.

The bathroom was enormous. There was a separate toilet and bidet room and in the adjoining room, there was a large shower and tub. Separate vanities in each bath room and also one outside.

There was a good size living room with couch and armchairs, coffee table overlooking a scenic view of the Petronas Twin Towers and the distant mountain range.

I loved the swimming pool. It is not heated so it is quite cold when you get in but after a lap, it feels very refreshing. I usually suffer from chlorine rashes when I swim at many pools but the water in the Berjaya pool is always so clean and fresh, perhaps from the abundant rain they get daily. I've never had a rash from swimming in their pool and I swam almost everyday. The powerful water jets are terrific and massaging.

Concierge was excellent and knowledgeable. Ajit and Jimmy were beyond excellent. They always took the time to find out the answers to my questions if they didn't have the answers. When I asked where I could get a copy of the KL Welcome Guide that was provided in the room, they actually brought me a new copy that I could take with me. That's an extremely well written guide to KL, by the way. It's a wonderful reference for almost everything KL.

The confirmation service is excellent. Every time you ask for something and they've addressed your needs, you get a call confirming that your needs had been met. I've never stayed at any hotel or even cruise ship with such an excellent follow up to a guest's needs. Berjaya gets an A plus for this!

What I like most about staying at Berjaya is the convenience of the mall attached to it. I would shop at Cold Storage for groceries, toiletries, etc and there were plenty of restaurants serving local hawker food at reasonable prices so I could have everything without leaving the building! There are money changers in the mall, pharmacies, a bank and even a post office and of course, tons and tons of good shopping. There's also a taxi stand right outside the doors and the monorail station is attached to Berjaya. If you're looking for cheap hair cuts, Speedy Hair Cut charges only RM 16 for a hair cut and they're located on the bridge attached to Berjaya.

I arranged for housekeeping service every Monday and Friday but often, they would show up on Saturdays too! They did a very fine job and always provided me with 4 - 10 bottles of drinking water. Do give the hardworking housekeeping staff a nice tip when they service your room. They appreciate it and really do a good job.

There were a few negatives:

1. WiFi was free and pretty good in the first room and I was able to video Skype my husband. But in the next room, it was laboriously slow and frustrating.

2. When I arrived there was a power outage for more than half an hour. It would have been nice if Berjaya could have provided refreshments as I was hot, tired and thirsty from a 30 plus hour trip from Canada.

3. There was a leak in the ceiling of the first room and they moved me to another room which was a downgrade from my first room. I complained to Ms Ooi and she moved me to a better room but the WiFi in that room was frustratingly slow and cut me off all the time.

4. We requested the use of the luggage trolley on our return from a trip and were told that the trolleys were only for the use of hotel guests, not guests of service apartments. I felt that this was a "put down" and unnecessary as I was a long stay guest and a frequent guest.

TIPS:

1. Don't carry travelers checks. For some reason, money changers and most banks are no longer accepting them. I had great difficulty finding places that would exchange them. Finally, I had to go to RHB bank and wait for more than an hour to cash them. They also had a MR 1500 a day limit. The only other place that will accept TCs is the Amex Mayflower office. Very inconvenient and I don't know why the policy has changed toward TCs.

2. You get better exchange rates from money changers in Sungei Wang Plaza and on Jalan Bukit Bintang/ Jalan Raja Chulan than at Berjaya Times Square.

• Trip type: Traveled solo