“Great hotel in a great location!”

Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #61 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melbourne
“Great hotel in a great location!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a very good stay at this hotel. We arrived at the KL LCCT and were at the hotel within the hour. We are a family of four and the room was not huge but big enough with a king bed, an extra bed and a sofa which was big enough for my son to sleep on. We appreciated that we were able to have 6 separate wifi passwords for all our devices for no extra charge - hate being charged for wifi!!! The location of the hotel is terrific, adjoining the Berjaya Times Square Mall which has all your shopping and dining requirements. We also took the mono-rail located just outside the hotel to visit Chinatown and the Petronas Towers which were all relatively nearby and easy to travel to.

The breakfast was very good and had a good variety of choices. The gymnasium and swimming pool were also clean, well-maintained and very pleasant to use.

The hotel always seems very busy however the staff are very obliging, friendly and helpful.

We would definitely not hesitate to stay here again!

2 Thank JDKL_MEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
karachi
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Ideally locted property with very friendly staff with follow up and making sure that all is being looked after especially one name to mention is ( Patracia )i am sure have correct spelling.
Great breakfast which i still miss i am sure one day will come back to enjoy your high service standards by your very hospitible dedicated staff and the breakfast.

Room Tip: would not say much but room with atleast lcd tv
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BTSH, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur’s staff and management, I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for selecting our hotel as your hospitality destination.

It was truly a pleasure to have had you with us and I am very glad that you had a pleasant experience from our staff as reflected by our true Malaysian Hospitality. I will certainly share your generous comments with Patricia.

We certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Loved everything here. Arrived around 4pm for check in. Even though lobby seems crowded with people waiting for who-knows-what, but check in process was fast. We got upgraded to deluxe but in another tower. Didn't mind though.

Upon entering the room, we were surprised as the room was huge and spacious! They also provide 2 ID for internet access for free, which is good enough. Bathroom with separate shower & bath tub, separate loos, working desk, comfy bed, couch, small dining place, pantry a-like.

Perfect!

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were there for my mum birthday and booked 3rooms ( 2 deluxe rooms for 2nites and 1studio room for 1nite) We arrive 30mins early and check-in time is not till 3pm. I am not easily fuss so fair enough we decided to go for our lunch and was told by the male front desk to come back to check-in at 4-5pm where the rooms would be ready.

We came back to check-in at 6pm and was told our rooms were still NOT ready!!! I mean seriously, it is nearly half a day gone and we still have not got a single room. Eventually after speaking to the Front Office Manager we were given our rooms and upgraded (1Brooklyn Suite and 1Deluxe room). The rooms were spacious.

Breakfast is bountiful and restaurant staff is accomodating. The swimming pool is quite big and my nieces and nephew enjoyed playing in the pool.

Location wise is good the hotel is located in the middle of a shopping mall and you can get everything or anything you want.

Sadly to say I didnt enjoy much of my stay there and will not be coming back to this hotel in the future and will try other hotel in KL.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Duchess_Smurfette
BTSH, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to write to us.
Your comments are invaluable to us in our efforts to improving our standards of service to serve you better. We are certainly capable of more but on this occassion, I must admit that we have fallen short of expectations.

On behalf of my team, I would like to extend my heartfelt apology for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity in demonstrating to you that we are indeed capable of more, by contacting us directly for your future stay.
We certainly look forward to be able to serve you again.

Email 1 : bth.rsvn@berjayahotel.com
Email 2 : bth.dm@berjayahotel.com

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went for our honeymoon & found Berjaya times square to be absolutely not upto mark. There is no way this can be called a 5 star hotel. Below are a few pointers that were total disappointment: 1. Absolutely cheap room interiors, smell of paint all over, stinking toilets, shower cubical doesn't close, I mean even 3 stars have better interiors. 2. Bad service levels - Tried calling for a boarding pass print out from the business centre, cant believe they charged me for it and then couldn't even deliver it to my room. I had to take my laptop all the way to the centre to give a print out. Later I asked for an hour and a half late check out & was petty sternly turned down. 3. Why I booked Berjaya times square was because of the connecting mall right next to it. Was pretty glad to get Krispy Kreme & Nando's in it however being in the fashion field, I would recommend not to keep any shopping expectations from this place. The mall has no brands but cheap local stores, which has the same stuff that you can get at a night market for half the price. While doing my research & roaming around KL, I found so many better options in the same room rate, that I regret not opting for. I would totally advise you to do yours & choose carefully.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sanchit7777
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write to us. Your comments are invaluable to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service to serve you better.

On behalf of the team, I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the inconvenience experienced caused during your stay with us recently.
Rest assured, I have addressed this with the team and can assure you that this shortfall in service is not repeated.

We do look forward to be able to serve you again.

Regards,

Wollongong
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Berjaya Times Square is central and the room very spacious. Can be a bit stuffy and warm. Breakfast was OK but we missed our bacon with the eggs. The staff were friendly and helpful BUT there was not a Tourist information person to ask about daily tours or information on where to go outside of the hotel. Quite disappointing, they did not want to help at all. Starbucks downstairs is a plus as well as Pappa John's Pizza which were both good value. Shopping mall as well as 7/11 was a bonus, although nothing significant purchased.
free wi if was a plus in the room but I could say I don't think I would return in a hurry to Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing to us.
On behalf of the team, I would like to extend my heartiest appreciation for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

On a similar note, I must highlight that our Concierge desk has an extensive range of tours and general information readily available. I am surprised to hear that you were unable to locate the information you required from our staff there.
Rest assured, I have shared your concerns with the team and can assure you that the team are fully aware of this,

In the meantime, if we can assist with anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.
We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.

Singapore
Reviewed September 13, 2012

There were many hotels in KL but we decided to stay here because we planned to visit the indoor theme park located in the same building. We booked our accommodation through the hotel website under family vacation package consist of 2 nights stay with daily breakfast for two adults & two children. Includes internet access, Times Square Theme Park entrance ticket and FOC one extra bed.
When we arrived the hotel was running full capacity as they were hosting some conference event. We were pleasantly surprised to be informed that they were giving us a complimentary upgrade to their Club Brooklyn suite. It's an offer that we had never experienced before in our years of travel! : ) The suite comes with a spacious master and a separate twin bedroom and individual bathrooms. Comfortable beds and good breakfast. City views from the windows. Good service from the friendly staff. Thumbs up to the management!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family