“Great value and space” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Varies
“Great value and space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were amazed with the space of the suite, views and multiple balconies of our room on the 33rd floor. The location is ideal and the staff were nice enough to give us a free room upgrade. We will definitely stay here again when we return to KL - we found it better than some KL 5 star hotels we've stayed in previously.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pnbdarbypark, Manager at PNB Perdana On The Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Your praise and recognitions goes a long way and our team is thrilled to hear such positive feedbacks.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Checked in at mid-night on 2nd April 2014. No smile to greet me by a male staff. I don't feel welcomed at all.No info sharing/explanation given by the reception guy. Not even to direct me where the elevator was.Bad choice of a person to be assigned at the reception counter!! Bell guy was also unfriendly.

Supposed to check in to one bed room but due to no rooms available,they gave me 2 bed rooms appartment but they locked one room.

Room was big and spacious though it looked a bit old.Hall was cosy with nice sofa and lots of throw cushion. At least it makes up my bad experience at the lobby.

Frustrated continues with the toileteries. no tooth

brush, no slippers, no note pad,no pens/stationaries(yet they called themselves as EXECUTIVE SUITE!!!! )

Stayed for 3 nites but the housekeeping did not refill mineral water, soap/ shampoo etc. When asked, the answer is Management instructions.

Dear PNB Darby Park Mgmt,
Pls improve. They way u treat your guest is very frustrating. Paid the same rate every nite but why the mineral water,toiletaries etc is only given on the 1st day? Pls note that these 'little' thing is giving 'big' impact to your reputation!

My preception to PNB Darby is:
1. Very calculative!Dull room amneties, toiletaries,coffee bar etc.
2. Do not value guest!
3. Unprofesional staff. Lack of training in hospitality standard.

For rm600++ of walk in rate for one bed room, your stay in NOT WORTH IT!!

Please improve!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Syiemz
pnbdarbypark, Manager at PNB Perdana On The Park, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for choosing PNB Darby Park as your preferred accommodation during your visit in Kuala Lumpur.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope this experience has not marred your impression of the hotel.

I understand that you had several unpleasant experiences with our facilities and staff members. Allow me here to apologize and assure you that we treat each one of your comments seriously.

It is most unpleasant for us to hear on your experience with our front office personnel. As such practice is not our usual standards, stern warning has been issued to the staff concerned.

As your support is important to us, we hope that you will avail to us another opportunity to showcase our high standard of services.

Once again, thank you and looking forward to see you soon.

Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

the hotel is located at near the KLCC and other popular destination. Everything is within walking distance. Above all the staff are superb, besides giving excellent service, they do go off their way to help (occurs to me as I needed an urgent print out of a one page document). Everything else from room cleanliness to hotel facilities are good. One thing I can think off that requires improvement would be their breakfast (a wider selection of menu would be good). Lastly, the price I can get from this hotel in the central hub of Kuala Lumpur is consider a bargain to me.

Room Tip: Room views for the KLCC towers are block due to surrounding high rise building
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank YuHeeT

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I now use the PNB Darby Park for my regular travel to Kuala Lumpur. The apartments are great value for money offering generous space and facilities for less than the mid range hotels. Throw in the two restaurants, gym, swimming pool, tennis courts and squash courts and you have a very reasonable location. Staff can't do enough to assist and the place is extremely clean and well kept. To cap it all is the free parking, my office is literally next door so it means my car stays parked up safe and sound for the duration of my stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Messtin112
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the review. You have given us great pleasure to share this with the team.

We thank you for giving us an opportunity to welcome you and it's always good to hear our guests enjoy themselves during their stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience and look forward to your next stay soon.

Thank you.
Bukit Batok, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed in PnB darby for 5 days in Dec 2013.
Had a great service from Ms Shara.

She had gave me and my friends great explaination about the hotel services and facilities available. Even went extra mile explaining to us on how to move around KL like the local people.

For example usage of LRT etc and where to get nice food just like where the locals go to.

Besides that PNB Darby have lots of great food. My favourite is the grilled prawns. The prawns are very big!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Hairullah

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I called this hotel "home" for 3 1/2 months during a business trip to Kuala Lumpur. Overall I was very happy with my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Hotel features: Apparently the elevators have a mind of its own. Sometimes the doors would close half a second after opening or wouldn't open at all (in other words you are stuck inside), which forced me to use the stairs for precautionary reasons on certain occasions and since this is KL and the humidity is always at 1000% percent this was very inconvenient. They would fix the elevators but apparently to no avail. Breakfast was pretty tasty although after 3 months it gets old, but that's not the hotel's fault. The other restaurant on the top floor has an amazing view of the city but as far as the food goes I was not a fan, although I have to admit that I only went there once and should have probably given it a second chance. The hotel has a gym, a swimming pool, a sauna room, tennis and racquetball courts, none of which I used but based on my friend's experiences with them, they were in good shape.

Cleanliness: Rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job every morning. They were also very prompt when it came to requesting more linens, blankets or any other toiletries.

Service: Front desk staff and bellmen were always friendly and ready to help calling a cab at anytime, providing directions and suggestions on where to eat and go out at night.

Location: This is perhaps its best feature. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Petronas Towers/KLCC; 5 minute walk from Ampang Park train station and a short taxi from Changkat Bukit Bintang and countless restaurants.

Laundry: Laundry service was also very efficient. I always got my clothes back in time and they even took the time to saw back a button on one of my shirts without me asking!

Room features: Though I didn't use it too much, the TV had enough channels to keep you entertained any night of the week. Safety deposit box is provided as well as a fax machine. Wi-Fi works ok although it was turned off for an entire weekend due to a convention and on certain occasions it wouldn't work at all. Sometimes I had to go to the lobby just to send a quick e-mail, which was very inconvenient since my room was on the 11th floor.

Room Tip: The balcony door will be closed unless you ask for it to be opened and sign a waiver. My room had a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank 1986renatol
Dear Guest,

Greetings from PNB Darby Park Executive Suites, Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We thank you for giving us an opportunity to welcome you - it's always good to hear our guests enjoy themselves during their stay.

Best regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been to PNB Darby Park before to visit my parents and instantly fell in love with the simplicity of the hotel. The golden point for PNB Darby Park is the location as it is so near to the public transport and all major shopping complexes in KL like KLCC, Avenue K and Pavilion. We had a wonderful time spending my husband's birthday and will definitely come again.

The downside about the hotel is the room is not as well-maintained as I thought it would be, especially the house-keeping service. I was told there was only one maid assigned to few floors and you can expect the quality of the service from that equation.

Another major disappointment is the super-slow wifi service. Each room is provided with its own router but the wifi connection is so slow to the point of nonj-existent. It is a major disappointment considering this hotel is located smacked in the heart of KL town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Abby H
pnbdarbypark, Manager at PNB Perdana On The Park, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and we delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We at PNB Darby Park has always strive to ensure all our guests are comfortable and happy while staying with us.

Do drop us a note if you have any comments and questions to share.

We look forward to welcome you again at PNBDP in near future.

Management