“Wonderful Stay But Not Good Location For Shopping & Eating”

Grand Seasons Hotel
Ranked #115 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I love the room! Service was ok..had to wait half an hour before my room is ready and the front desk ask me to place my bags on the trailer to be brought to the room but never tagged them. Luckily the bellhop guy placed it aside in case I come back to look for the bags.. which I did cos i felt weird how they know if I wasnt given a room number yet..

For the club lounge services... dont ask for much cos its nothing special...
As for the restaurant... people are shouting and rushing...not good..thats why i came early at 7 am the following day to avoid the commotions.. Not that Im racist but there are too many indian travellers in that hotel and they caused such a commotion during breakfast....I went to visit my friend and motown singer , Lionel Richie whos there for a concert conjunction with F1 race....eating at JW Marriott where they stayed is even quiter and better....Restaurant to be improve in services...

This Hotel located at Chow Kit and really its far from all the eating and shopping places....If you just wanna a great value for sleeping as you wont be in the room that much..its cool to stay here..for leisure..not really...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I had travelled to Malaysia this June with my wife. This hotel was arranged by our tour coordinator (Akbar Travels) from Trivandrum. I must say, this is a very good hotel to stay. I was there for 3 days. I had booked a Double Superior Room.

Before going, I had read a lot of reviews on many hotels from this site which did help me filter out few of them. My travel agent had assured that the stay here would be safe and good. Also regarding the Room fares, I found this comparatively cheaper as compared with other hotels and the reason found was that they favored Indians (may be majority of the tourists are from India)

To begin with, there were no delays in the hotel lobby. As soon as i handed over the receipt from my travel agent, I got the room keys and my complimentary breakfast coupons. This about 38 floors high and there were about 6 massive lifts. There were no congestion or confusion. The hotel staffs were very friendly and even the house keeping staffs would wish you each time they see us.

The food was excellent. They have excellent Indian cuisines. This is in the basement floor where they arrange the Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (Indian). I would advise to opt for buffet for all 3 timings. There are a lot of varieties of food for the buffet and they are very delicious ones too. No words for that. One advice, please spare an hour for the breakfast as there are so much to eat 

The cleanliness is also very good. The house keeping staff cleans the room everyday regularly. To add, we were happy to feel the place safe because we did not miss any of our valuables from the room.

Location wise also, this is good. No one will tell you but still, the Mono Rails are the best ways to travel in Malaysia and trust me it is very easy to connect the stations from the map they provide you from the lobby. The monorail stations are there every 1.5 km and there is one near this hotel also from where you can board to places like Buquit Bintang, China Town, Raja Chulang (Near PETRONAS and KL Tower) etc.. Most important this is safety around the hotel locality. There are many sorts of robbery and we happened to hear from few couples who stayed in some other hotels.

Service was always prompt. In between we needed an extra towel which I asked the Room Service. They responded in 10 min in this 38 storeyed hotel which was quick enough.

Overall, I could say this is a very good hotel. Excellent food, good locality and good rooms.

One improvement could be the AC. Even if we keep it in High it isn't really chilling enough. Also the swimming pools don’t have shades and its really difficult to swim on a sunny morning.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed there for 5 nights along with my parents my kids and my wife. Following are my observation.
1. Large attractive lobby (thus create a big impression)
2. Do not keep request in case you have any room preference. We wanted rooms in same floor they didn’t give us.
3. My parents were alone there for two nights. To give them comfort I requested not to ask them to pay in cash as I have given my credit card details to pay for their food bills. And I was schedule to come back also. In spite of that they compelled my parents to pay for everything they consumed in cash.
4. Rooms are big but it is a reminiscence of their golden age. It is not being properly looked after at all. In fact we found fungus development on wall and a mushroom growing happily from the wall skirtting. One can find the photo of the mushroom in the attachment
5. Food quality is horrible. In dinner buffet you can expect some unhappy cruel looking mangers to treat you like school children. There is no indianess in the service. Though they claim it is Indian restaurant .Never try non-vegiterian dishes over there as they use old stock chicken and mutton to make it.
6. There is a night club with very shabby entrance lobby. In fact very scary in late hours due to broken wall and door and very little lighting. It is somewhat like Mumbai bar (which is now banned in Mumbai itself). One can find very lousy music with dancing girls in Mumbai style.
7. Toilet are mostly broken and over used. Most of water outlets do not work properly. You will always have a problem in wash basin and most importantly no one is there to help you.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed in this hotel in june 2010. it was a very bad expierence.The beds were full of bed bugs so requested to change room but counter staff say must be confirmed by house keeping. OMG imagine all these commotion happen around 2am and guess what the next room is free from bed bugs but very dirty with cigaratte butts and matches.

Next morning we went to the counter to complain about the room infested with bed bugs and we are shock to hear from the staff that they are aware of the bed bugs problem in all the rooms on the 12 floor and usually these rooms are allocated to the indian. As my room is on 24A the staff claimed it is the first complain that they have received. To add to our disappointment, a so call fruit basket was presented to us as token of the inconvenient caused. Take a look at the photo of the so call fruit basket. Can these fruits compensate for the frustration and bed bugs bite?

For those with young children and those with sensitive skin better don consider this hotel. Who know you may be given a room which are infested with big fat bed bugs and the area bitten by the bug will be swollen and very itchy.

I have attached the photo of the bed bugs found in the room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank beat_you_justy
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We stayed 1 week at this hotel, as a family of 4. We had booked via internet because they had a special promotion for the crest room (2 nights paid, 1 free). We had a large room with one extra bed for one child. The second child slept in the extra large double bed, along with the parents. The room was big and had a great view on the Petronas Towers. The hotel neighbourood is not very attractive, but the hotel is conveniently located close to a monorail station, so it was very easy to reach the center of town. The breakfast was a very good buffet and we had free wi-fi in the room package. We used our own computer because the computer available in the room was desperately slow. The swimming pool is big and very much appreciated when the sun shines (it is closed when it rains). The staff was very friendly and the service was excellent. The indian restaurant in the basement offers acceptable buffet for a good price - again with excellent service.
This is a good address for people who visit Kuala Lumpur and like having a big room and good service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LauSteTDM
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We were provided this hotel by our tour agent for stay of 2days.
Location is ok. Rooms are spacious and good. Well-designed hotel with some entertainment activities and shopping.
But there's no nightlife there. We were shocked to see mumbai's dance bar style action instead of a pub/disc.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed in this hotel in june 2010. it was a very bad expierence.The beds were full of bed bugs, and the house keeping was not bothered about it. the extra bed for the children was not up in the room untill after mid night. one cant make telephone calls from the rooms, a deposit has to be made first. The hotel is not near any shopping malls, its is a dead area.
khatmal palace !!! OR Bedbug Palace.
PS the spa stinks !!