“Good Hotel”

Ranked #112 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
MUMBAI
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

The hotel is good, rooms are nice and the staff service is great.

Our travel agent (Raj Travels) had not informed them about our requirement for Jain food. (the basis reason why we chose raj on a MAP plan for all our bookings)

However the Indian Chef was so helpful. He asked for 30 minutes and made delicacies for us. Something that can never be forgotten.

Hats off to the staff specially the CHEF.

• Liked — Service towards the guest
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I decided to write this review as soon as I got home.. So, here goes..

Firstly, the receptionist's ( all of them ) need to learn to take lessons how to smile. I wouldn't say all of them, but it really takes the customers hesistated smile to actually get through to any of them to return the smile back.

I booked the Season's crest room for mainly 2 reassons -
a) Internet
b) Twin towers view. Both of them ended in an utter dissapointment

Internet was too freaking slow !! And for the room, I called in after taking the room and they said , "I can see that you already started using the room, so we can't change the room for you".. So much for service !! It took me by surprise that they even monitor the toilet usage.. It was as if I already soiled the place.. all I did was take a leak after an hour long drive from the airport !! And behold, room used !!

A few more shockers,
- Every time I called the front desk, it was as if they were the customer and I was under their will !!
- Towels if needed to be changed to be placed on the floor etc.. ( The same usual thing at every hotel ), but EXTRA TOWELS at a charge of 5 Ringitt??
- Tea, milk powder satchets if used at a charge of 7 ringitt?? Good business eh??
- Stayed at the 30th floor.. The lift durring the peaks like morning and evening take a life time to come..

I read the same reviews before booking and somehow decided to take plus for minus !! Silly me !!

I would have posted some pretty awesome photos here, but I can't coz my camera was lost in a cab, the cabbie conned us pretty good !! Long story short, got off the cab through the right door and closed it, pulled out the pram from the boot, wifey with kid off the left door with 2 bags.. I came to the left door and saw everything was taken, I closed the door and boom the guy left in a flash !! What happened?? When we both weren't looking, one bag and my camera flew to the front seat of the car.. And lo and behold, criss angel's student mindfreaked us before we could realise anything !!

Another thing, if you are an indian reading this, I really hope you are the kind that sets a high standard for our country.. I, as a fellow indian sometimes feel ashamed of the way we behave outside.. Screaming across the hall as if it's our bedroom, when we get a free breakfast, get 6 plates fully loaded as if we haven't seen food.. and all this comes from the so-called "educated ppl" !!

Cabbies tout a lot and watch out for theft !! Generally, everyone thinks that he/she is not the person who can be robbed.. Well, I did(notice the past tense) too !!

Cheers guys, Enjoy your trip in malaysia..

God bless !!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Cheshire
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Stayed for 4 nights. Had a great time in KL although didnt really spend a lot of time in the hotel - far too much to see! Great view of the towers from our room! Although the monorail is only a short walk from the hotel we tended to use taxis to and from the centre as it was cheap and convenient - at worst we paid 20 ringgits back from KLCC - which the doorman said we had been overcharged - but at £4 for a 15 minute car ride in traffic we felt unfair complaining. Would recommend gettiing to Petronas early on in the day to get an allocation of tickets - we got there at about 11am and got allocated a 5pm slot. Petaling Street is just fantastic should you want to buy copy handbags, clothing or dodgy DVD's. Make sure you check out the fish spa at Central market - very different but a great experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Not very far away from the center.The staff is not very polite but ok if you dont ask too much.If you take the rooms in the upper floors the view over the twin towers and the kl tower is awesome.Breakfast ok nothing special.Good value for money if you dont ask too much.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Penang
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The Grand Seasons Hotel was my wife preferred after the long search on a 4 Stars hotel around at PWTC area. My wife and I stay in the Grand Seasons Crest Room for 2 night stay. The room is clean and comfortable for couple like us that after a day long meeting and seminar. The location is well connected with Monorail and LRT. Overall the services including the check in time were good but need some improvement from the hotel management. Those who like to have 5 stars dining environment and satisfy your appetite you can try at Seasons Café which offers a good mix of international cuisine. The price is affordable and the money is valued.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mybstan
Dubai
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My first review! I am prompted to write so that others can avoid the same expereince we had and save some money, grief and time!

We booked over the internet and opted for airport pickup and drop. The good news was that someone was waiting for us at the airport to pick us up. The bad news was that he was probably an ex formula one driver who retired prematurely since he didn't seem to feel too uncomfortable driving well over the speed limit, dodging between trucks and cars and taking turns a little faster than what I thought was "Safe". I normally try to keep a stiff upper lip about these things but the look of fear on my wife's face was starting this holiday off to a wrong start so I decided to ask him to slow down, which he did, but in a really annoying way... instead of driving at a normal speed he started driving behind a truck, well below the normal speed obviously increasing the time we needed to get to the hotel.

Upon arrival, the check in process was as follows: Waited for 10 minutes for a very grumpy receptionist to serve us. Gave her the family name under which the booking was made but she insisted that she needed the booking reference number. Since I didn't have a print out of the confirmation number, I offered to open up my laptop and read it out to her, but that was not good enough. I was told that I MUST go to the business center and get a printout! Upon asking "Why?" I was told that they need it for "verification" Ridiculous! Anyway, having travelled for half a day with a small child, I didn't want to delay the process any longer so I decided to go and do what she said while my wife and daughter waited in a smoke filled lobby full of riff raff.

At the "Business Center", a young lady looking very hassled by a guest which was already there and asking for assistance logging into the internet access system on their computers finally got around to helping me.

Got back to the reception with the required printout (thank God I had the e-mail on a web server - don't know what would have happened if I had to connect my laptop somehow to their network) Another 10 minute wait while the receptionist finished up whatever paperwork was more important than a tired guest standing in front of her wanting to check in.

Another 25 minute wait for the check in process AFTER I gave her the most precious reference number, of which 10 minutes was spent waiting for her to try and figure out what was wrong with the computer and then moving to another terminal.

We finally got to our room on the 18th floor in the hope that we had put the worst behind us. No such luck.

Althought it had a great view of the Petronas Towers, the general state of the room looked like it had been given the "Once over" but should really have been given a "Deep Cleansing". There were not enough towels in the bathroom (but there was a sign that we could request extra towels for additional charge). Mini-bar was empty. No internet access from the room. Bathrooms smelled a bit off. At this point I was still trying to convince myself that it was going to be ok and was trying to reassure my wife that it was going to be fine. That we were in a central (although not very safe looking) location and would be spending most of our time out of the hotel and just use it to sleep.

Then, we spotted the cockroaches.

Climbing out from behind the "coffee maker", crawling around between the carpet and the walls. Crawling out of the bedside cabinets.

Time to check out! Grand total of time spent in the hotel: 2 hours.

Just to add injury to insult, on the way out of the hotel while we were waiting for the taxi, the heavy glass automatic sliding doors nearly crushed my 3 and a half year old daughter, AFTER it pushed my 6 Foot, 100Kg body out of the way. My wife yanked her out just in time thank goodness or who knows what might have happened.

For about a 50% higher room rate, we moved to the Ritz Carlton! HEAVEN!!!

For a hotel that shows a 4 Star Placard in the lobby, the Grand Season hotel is most definitely NOT up to the standard. In most cases, you get what you pay for, but in this case, someone could not even pay us enough to stay in this hotel. No amount of money spent there is justified.

Stay here only if you are really desperate.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank SmokyGT500
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Not very close to central town, Rooms are not vey comfortable,Has got one Indian restaurant inside the Hotel only

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends