“A Great Hotel for a Holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Seasons Hotel

Grand Seasons Hotel
Ranked #109 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A Great Hotel for a Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

My first stay at this hotel with extended family including a child. The first thing that impresses is the location. Near the sky train station. Bus stops right in front of the hotel and the stop for the excellent hop on hop off bus is right in front of the hotel.
The hotel is an imposing 40 storey stone structure with an impressive lobby. I was luck to get a room facing the front and on a high floor so got an excellent view of the Petronas towers sitting on the bed. The pool area too is excellent.
Breakfast tends to get a bit crowded, but the fare is good.
Rooms, a bit cramped but adequate facilities.

• Liked — Good views from front facing rooms
  • Disliked — Crowded breakfast area
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Thung Song, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2009

i found this hotel excellent i was there for 15 days,FROM 27TH NOVEMBER TILL 12TH DECEMBER the room was cleaned every day with fresh towels, 3 hand and 2 big bath towels, the staff were excellent and friendly and the reception staff very good,no problem was to much 4 them,the seasons crest lounge was good and the food was fine, i cant understand why this hotel is getting such bad reviews, we stayed on the 30th floor,the room was clean and tidy and fresh toiletries every day,swimming pool was clean and the bars were all good,only complaint was on the last night the water was not very hot,apart from that myself and my wife had very good time,the assistant manager jeanette was very helpfull as was the manage navid,also i cannot praise the reception staffand room cleaner enough,all very friendly,I WOULD RECOMEND THIS HOTEL AS GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

• Liked — the big double bed and the view
  • Disliked — noisy people next room when running a bath walls very thin
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

Some improvements required are :-
* Small cockroaches in the rooms. They need to be eradicated as it is disgusting in a star hotel!
* If two people stay in a room they only change one towel a day inexplicably as per the room service norms.
* Breakfast buffet items are cold and sometimes stale and smelly.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Unhygienic rooms with cockroaches.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

A friend and I decided to take away our mind off our hustle and bustle life for the weekend, a changed of routine. So we headed to Grand Seasons Hotel since it is affordable as we don't want to spend so much because we just want to have our movie marathon at somewhere else other than our living room. We checked in the hotel around late afternoon slightly early than the given time. When we first reached at the lobby there was drilling and thumping sound of the construction somewhere around the hotel, it was quite a disappointment when the sound actually reminds me of my neighbor having a house renovation which interrupt me from listening to my movie marathon weekend, this is not what I had in mind when the reason to be here at the first place is to get away from my living room. As soon as we opened the door to our room, we are please to find our room is decent and the view from the 14th floor is pleasant. However my dear friend was dissatisfied by our bed covers since it looks like a cheap carpet material that is made of cat's fur ball puke. She had trouble sleeping as she kept on sneezing through the night. The bathroom actually look pleasantly reasonable but as soon as we flush our toilet bowl, water started to flowing out from I am seriously not sure where. But it was acceptable until I started using the bathtub and the floor was flooded with water. I was nearly slipped as the floor was wet until the next morning.

The Seasons Cafe matches what we paid for. We had breakfast before we took off. They have varieties on breakfast menus and even festive Christmas cake which I dont find it appropriate for breakfast but everyone seemed happy to grab a bite, cake in the morninG? sure! :D

Overall I would say this is probably an average experience, I am not please by the water flowing out of nowhere mishaps but if you want an affordable place to stay then this is the right choice.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
staffordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2008

ok hotel. nice room. we had a room on floor 24 with fantastic views, shame the windows were dirty which obscured the view slightly.
buffet breakfast is ok, not a great choice if you are a veggie, and a bit like a cattle market.
nice looking reception, staff are useless though, and if you are talking to them, if they see another colleague, they will cut you off mid sentance to go to talk to them.
bell boys were really helpful and polite. i had left my bag in the taxi, and one of the bell boys spent ages tracking down the driver - luckily i had booked one of the taxis from the airport, which made it easier to trace. the driver was able to come back with my bag. they didnt want anything for the calls they had made.
We would stay here again

Stayed December 2008
Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

We got "Stay 3 pay 2" for season crest room, which moves the price to real bargain (check their website). Season crest rooms are located from 28th till 30th floor. We got 28 with Petronas towers view. Big bed, tv, coffe making facility, bathroom with tub and shower, fridge with complimentary soft drinks. PC with internet in room (some sort of linux thin client with LCD screen)
Quite spectacular (see attached picture). Hotel describes itself as 4 star, but services and room size is european 3 star. Breakfest in indian style. Quite tasty. There is a buffet style indian restaurant on evenings. Hotel is not located in downtown but quite close (there is a monorail station minute walk from hotel, and we haven't problem to find a taxi in front of hotel anytime).
Some bad parts of stay: as wrote in previous reviews, they charge for everything extra (additional coffe, towel etc as you can see on photos) In my case it was phone. I had to made some local malaysian calls from room. I have to pay 100RM deposit to allow domestic calls, nothing special BUT this deposit was valid for one day only. So in final I have to pay 300RM deposit and all my local cals were 12RM together (about 10 calls) Funny.

• Liked — location, view
  • Disliked — weird surgarges
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

Right from the moment we checked in - that alone took over 45 minutes!!!! we experienced a terrible state of affairs. This might be the tallest hotel building, but for sure it is an absolute mess.
45 minutes to check into a room that stank, horrible room service and poor quality furnishing - completely run down I must add.

The attitude of the staff - all of them - is one of superiority, like they are doing you a favour by having you stay in their hotel.

We checked in on October 8th in the afternoon from Langkawi. On the 9th, I told the hotel staff that the coffee and tea sachets had not been replenished that morning. I was told that it would cost me 5 malaysian ringitt and that it could be done only the next day - that is on Oct 10th. Room service is the pits here.

And folks if you are travelling with a kid - you will need to pay and extra deposit of RM 50 for an extra towel! I did not do the deposit and managed with a spare one we had brought along.

And you know what - they do not give you face or hand towels either. If you run out of tissues in the evening - the answer is - "tomorrow morning sir!"

The bathroom is poorly appointed in terms of toiletries provided. God help you if you have forgotten your toothbrush, or shaving kit. None is provided.

The dinner buffet is removed right before your face even if you are dining in - 10.30 is the time of the last buffet, but can't these guys even wait for you to finish desert? Well apparently they can't! In five minutes they clear out the entire buffet with a lot of clanging and noise. The staff here are extremely rude in their behaviour and we gave it right back to them. That sort of shook them up as I guess their thinking is that folks from India will take a lot of s... in stride. That shakes them up and you can expect normal behaviour then on...

All in all an experience to forget and a hotel that I would rate as the equivalent of what is available in any 1 star hotel in any city in India.

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — Everything about the hotel
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family