“Well, it's a hotel room.”

Grand Seasons Hotel
Ranked #115 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I probably came on a bad day. Of the 6 lifts, only 3 were functioning. It was a bother waiting to use the lifts. Each morning, when going down to the ballroom for a function during breakfast hours, I had to wait 3-4 turns before I can finally enter the lift. Ended up using the stairs once.

The room itself is passable. It looks aged, with some creaky furniture and carpet stains, but I like the comfortable bed and the TV channels available. At first glance everything looks ok. However, after using the room proper did I notice the small annoyances. Firstly 2 of the 4 lamps didn't work, and the water boiler failed to work. After some twiddling I realised it was the wall socket that failed, and the boiler worked fine with another socket. The air-conditioning temp control wasn't working either (the knob was loose), but at least I could control the fan speed from the control panel next to the bed. There was a pool of water around the toilet which gets bigger after each flush, so the bathroom floor was chronically wet. Soundproofing was poor. I could hear conversations from the next room and the corridor fairly clearly. Lastly, the curtains wouldn't close all the way.

In hindsight I should've asked to change rooms, but it was 10pm and I wanted to retire early. Sleep quality was good, and that was most important after all. And to be fair, the staff were pleasant and polite throughout my stay. It was just the lifts and the room shortcomings that hampered my stay. If I wasn't attending a function here I would've picked somewhere else to stay though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ezekiel_77
GrandSeasons H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Greetings from Grand Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at our Hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and good comments as it motivates us to work towards improving our hotel standards and to live up to your expectations.

Our lifts are currently being upgraded we very sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have also
displayed posters on how our lifts will look like, please bear with us.

We are glad you enjoyed our food and our staff service.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The tallest hotel building in the city of Kuala Lumpur, Grand Seasons Hotel located in the less congested part of the city is an ideal choice for ease of entry and exit at most of the time of the day.
Having stayed there for three days recently, I found that its popularity among tourist groups are due to its excellent services, comfortable rooms, good location and good food. Transport facilities are easy to obtain as it is located on a busy Jalan Pahang where taxis are plentiful most of the time, a walking distance to a monorail station and a bus terminal. Check-in and check-out even during peak time is fast. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Restaurant is clean, good food served and adequate space for all. For those who wish to explore the vicinity , Chow Kit is about ten minutes away, food stalls and coffee shops are available behind the hotel. The views from the rooms especially at higher floors are great. With 800 rooms, there is no problem of choice. The rooms are well-equipped although the TV sets are yet to be upgraded to flat screen. No wifi and internet service provided. There are six beautiful lifts but only a few are functioning thus going up and down can be a real hassle.... human traffic jams are common sights. Overall, I consider this hotel a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2013
GrandSeasons H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Greetings from Grand Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at our Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it motivates us to work towards improving our hotel standards and to live up to your expectations the next time you visit us again.

We are upgrading our lifts to provide our guests better service please bear with us!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

picked this hotel as it's near my friend's place. near train. tub/shower area takes too long to drain, I don't even want to know why it's clogged. the lifts were broken once when we were on our way up, the doors wouldn't close and it took a while to go up - no proactive staff came to assist.

I didn't have breakfast with this trip but what I remember from my last visit at this hotel Dec 2010, breakfast was good.

generally ok but I'd rather stay at a different hotel.

what I can't believe is that they charge for Wi-Fi..!

*photos are from my Dec 2010 trip, and my camera was about to die (that's why the lines) but it still looked the same from my March 2013 trip

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Grand Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at our Hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and good comments on our central location as
for complimentary wifi if your stay in our crest rooms you are entitled.

Our lifts are currently being upgraded we very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Check in was faultless, cases were taken up to our room and the concierge showed us how the aircon, tv, safe etc all worked. The position of the hotel is quite good, it's approximately a 25 minutes stroll to KLCC. If you don't fancy walking the monorail station is 5 minutes away. Hotel also offers free guest parking.
Rooms are a good size, some facing the Twin Towers. Rooms although well furnished are looking a bit tired. Breakfast was exceptional, plenty of variety for both western and oriental tastes. Staff we all very attentive without being overbearing. One slight complaint, our second nights sleep was not the best, there was a lot of noise from the room next door. I addressed this at checkout and was credited with a 25% discount on one nights stay. Very proactive response to my complaint. Putting this small issue aside I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Twin Towers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank David T

Greetings from Grand Seasons Hotel, Kuala Lumpur!

We are sorry about the noise you had to bear from the guest room next.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Check in was efficient and painless. Car parking was not too bad. The door access cards only one worked at any time! Room (30th Floor) was nice and comfortable with a good view of Petronas twin towers. Bathroom was spotlessly clean. Towels and sheets were spotless. The in the room coffee and tea service was good and used items were replaced efficiently. The safe and fridge were convenient to use. the shower in the bathroom was not hand held and required some acrobatics to bathe. Water pressure was okay but it took for ever to get hot water in the mornings and at night. The in-house radio channel did not work at all. I stayed two nights and got the newspaper only once. Lifts were inexplicably slow. Breakfast was excellent, if you were an Indian vegetarian! I did not try the rest of the breakfast. The coffee was insipid at best. Did not try the tea. You could just walk across the road to get to the General Hospital and the MRT was only a very short walk away. Taxis were easily obtained.

Room Tip: ask for rooms higher up and those with a view of the twin towers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GrandSeasons H, Public Relations Manager at Grand Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your time sharing your good experience with us at our hotel. We are glad that you've enjoyed staying with us and that we have met your expectations to a satisfied and happy stay when you visited our country.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was very good experience.

Check in was very fast. as per our request got the tower view room..............

especially the breakfast was awesome....

some improvements required for the lift fastness....

Overall it was very good the maximum rate was for food quality.................

Room Tip: top floor, tower view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

We were having an event during the time of your stay as such our lifts were busy, our apologies.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you are hopping over KL ( like we did while returning from Bali to Bangalore) and want to look around the city this hotel is good. The KL hop on-hop off busstop 21(I guess) is at a walkable distance and you can see all the important places in the city on it :) The good rooms have a great view of Petronas and the not so good rooms have a view of some lake and the Monorail.... You got to insist to get the twin tower view in case you have booked a standard room. I was traveling with my husband and my parents and we had 2 rooms with different views. Rooms are nice and clean, Food is also fine. The room service menu has a combination of different cuisine... But the housekeeping is not great...In fact 1 of our rooms didn't have bath towels and it took them pretty long to get some for us :). Overall it's a nice hotel (more of a business hotel I guess) and their concierge's service is also pretty nice. Like KL this hotel is also dynamic, crowded and full of life!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thank you for your time sharing your good experience with us at our hotel. We are glad that you've enjoyed staying with us and reviewed the hotel as a Business Hotel.

We are glad that we have met your expectations to a satisfied stay when you visited our country.