“Enjoyed our Christmas Stay”

Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #83 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was our first first stay there and my kids really enjoyed it. The personnel is very friendly and helpful, the food is nice and ideally located, near Petronas tower and not far from Bukit Bintang. The deluxe suite is very spacous but requires an uplifting. The complimentary tea/coffee at the sky lounge is marvellous with a superb view of Petronas tower. The hydrotherapy pool is awesome as well as the spa. Would surely book the same hotel for our next trip to KL.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Uttesh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is my second stay at the hotel.

I booked a deluxe room for a one night business trip! 15 Feb. What a great surprise (again) to find out that I was upgrade to a suite.

Had a great view of the twin towers in the morning and with the Zouk club right opposite the hotel, it's a great choice for serious work and serious play in location and class.

A great plus to the management of the hotel for maintaining the facilities. The room was simply great and your location is just priceless for business people.

Just a minor observation; the furnishings are getting out dated and your staff (especially your front office) deserves better recognition. Kudos to one particular front office staff of yours (young looking Chinese chap) who was attending a difficult client who insisted a VIP treatment while is was being checked in at the next table. Handled the man and his wife well to view the rooms before checking in.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank 75TK
Reviewed February 16, 2014

With its modern, playful design, this must have been quite a nice hotel when it was new. Unfortunately, the management doesn't seem concerned to keep any standard high. My room looked like it desperately needed some maintenance: the floors were stained, the chaise longue and the curtains downright dirty, the toilet didn't flush properly (which I reported to the reception twice, after which they sent in one of their employees who didn't do anything about it but told me he had fixed it). I had a breakfast-included voucher, but in the breakfast lounge, I was told that my breakfast wasn't included. Again, everybody ignored what I tried to explain and I had to return upstairs to the reception to have someone acknowledge that my breakfast was already paid for. It's really surprising how unfriendly and even hostile the staff of a five star hotel can be - I've never experienced anything like it. Somehow, they manage to create the atmosphere of a tired, cheapish youth hostel in a hotel that was once built to be far more than that (and that still manages to charge you more, too).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dorien K
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at the Maya, overall a satisfactory stay, the rooms could do with a face lift, The check in is nothing but efficient. The restaurant is great, the buffet menu is plentiful. The hotel is 10 minutes walk to the Petronas Towers and Suria KLCC.
There is a complimentary bus to China town, leaving at 7.30 and returning at 10.30 plenty of time to haggle there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alan O
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Very nice, luxurious hotel located right in the center of KL. Wonderful service, modern decor and good food at the restaurants.

We stayed only two nights and did not have the time to try out the spa or the pool-area. However, it certainly looked very nice :-) we were also satisfied with our room. Very large room, nice bathroom and shower, television and mini-bar. You get even more than you pay for.

Absolutely recommend this hotel :-)

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed for a night at this hotel with my family during a weekend. The check in was fast and the staff was friendly. I sent an email beforehand with some requests, and all of them were met satisfactorily.

The hotel was about 400-500m from Suria KLCC and Petronas Towers, so is a good base if you wish to visit the two places. I drove to the hotel but I took taxi to get to KLCC because I was having my toddler with me so didn't want to cross the busy streets under the hot sun. The taxi costed RM5.30 one way which I think was much better alternative than driving and parking your car at KLCC (was told the KLCC parking charge is expensive).

The interior of the hotel appear a bit dated, and the room too. The bed was a little too firm to my liking. However the view of the twin towers from the room was very nice. The bathroom was ok but could've been cleaner with good maintenance.

I spent some time at the indoor hydrotherapy pool with my kids and we enjoyed the pool. It was a little on the small side, but not many people were using it so that wasn't so much of a problem. The pool was slightly heated but it was a bit chilly still around the area because of the wind from outside onto the open area.

From 9pm to 11pm, the hotel offers its guests free coffee and tea together with some petit fours at the sky cafe on the 13th floor. The view is breathtaking because you could see both the twin towers as well as the kl tower.

The breakfast was a little bit disappointing because I was expecting a larger buffet with nicer qualities. All the pastries i tried did not look nor taste fresh. The croissant was very dry and did not taste buttery and flakey as a croissant should. Croissants have always been my personal benchmark in rating a breakfast buffet, and sadly in this hotel it wasn't up to the standard i was expecting.

During the breakfast buffet, there was a little menu on the table that you could order for your main dish. I ordered minute steak and monte cristo and they were just ok, nothing to write home about.

Overall, i'd still rate the hotel as very good, mostly because of the service level, location and view from my room. Thank you Hotel Maya!

Room Tip: Always request for a room on higher floors with the twin towers view. If you don't get one, then...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank aziahmy
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Our room had the beautiful view of the Petronas towers. The hotel lobby and restaurant area look very modern and nicely decorated. The breakfast is good however compared to some other 5 star hotels there is less variety. The receptionist at the check in was really friendly and service minded an dwe also received a welcome drink at the check in. On the 13th floor there is a nicely furbished lounge with the balcony and view to the Petronas towers. We decided not to go to the sky bar that everyone is talking about, because we had this view on 13th floor and our room 1103.
As for the furbishing and fittings of our room it was worn down and did not resemble 5 star standard.the moment we entered the room i opened luggage storage under tv and the door fell out. It seems only 1 screw was holding it. The handy men came to fix it in no time (questionable silicone glue - will not last too long). I made sure that i am not going to leave my deposit, we will see at the check out tomorrow. The blinds were really worn down, even hard to pull down or up. The bathroom was nicely furnished but again the signs of wear and were were obvious.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family