4,260 results
All reviews west wing petronas towers lifestyle lounge swim up bar bukit nanas monorail station club level an upgrade hop on hop off bus bit dated upgraded to a suite swimming pool is chinese restaurant min walk buffet breakfast the executive lounge public transport temptation
Reviewed December 13, 2015 via mobile

Stayed there for a night to attend a friend's wedding. I had checked in via the mobile app but I knew there was no guarantee that the room would be available when we arrived. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that by the time we landed in KL, it was already ready. The lady at the West Wing welcomed us and brought us over to the East Wing for check in. The staff were kind to give us an upgrade to the Executive room with lounge access on the top floor - that was such a pleasant surprise! The view of the Petronas Twin Towers was beautiful. They had also remembered the requests I had put in before my stay regarding pillow choice and bed type.

One of the qualms I did have about the stay was that the restaurant offering breakfast was "full" when we went downstairs and we were directed to the West Wing. The reason for this was to cater to the groups staying at the hotel. I am puzzled as to why this has to be the case - if they come down late, why do other guests have to be inconvenienced?

The other concern I had was the shower door in the room. The hinge between the door and the glass panel is not sealed and there is a rain shower in the bathroom. This inadvertently means that when we shower, the bathroom will get very wet (the floor towel was soaked). I did raise this with the staff at the lounge at check out and he said they would have a look in to this.

Would definitely stay at this place again.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2015

We used this hotel for a couple of nights prior to a cruise around Asia.
The hotel is very close to the petronis towers and near shopping and monorail.
The staff were excellent and went out of their way to make our short stay celebrating our wedding anniversary very enjoyable. If you can afford it get an exec room as their club overlooks the towers at night, a great view and the staff in the lounge are a credit to the company, giving hints of what to see and where to go in a short stay. One staff member Azila, really went out of her way to make us happy. Her manager should be proud that they have such a competent and thoughtful staff member.

Room Tip: East wing up high.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
DirOfPR, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

Dear Grey_nomadAustralia,

It was good to read your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. It's always great to hear that a guest has had a positive experience whilst with us. Glad that we could make your wedding anniversary a memorable one. We'll certainly pass on your compliments to Azila and her manager. Your positive comments will definitely motivate our staff to continue to provide our valued guests with the excellent service that they deserve.

Reviewed December 12, 2015

The view from the room was fantastic and the room had a royal style.

Breakfast was multi cuisine and superb. The only set back was they had smoking room which i had no choice but to accept. It can be a bit loud at night time. We were at the west wing.

Room Tip: Best Views
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
DirOfPR, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

Dear Eddy A,

Great to hear you had an awesome stay with us. Sorry to hear that we could not accord you a non-smoking room this time around due to our high occupancy, but rest assured that we will certainly try our best to accord you your room of choice in your next stay.

I'll pass on your positive feedback on the breakfast to our Executive Chef.

We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

I should have realised from the special rate offered by the hotel was too good to be true. I got a room on the 19th floor, in the "East Wing" which at least has a view of the Petronas towers.

The room however is NOT becoming of what you would expect from a 5 start hotel in a prime location. The furniture and amenities look dated and in dire need of a refresh. I understand that they have started refurbishing the rooms - but I don't benefit from that at the moment.

Would I stay here again if I had the same room? No. And I would recommend staying away unless you are willing to cough up +/- 200 MR more per night (inc. taxes and charges) for the upgraded rooms.

Service however, is pretty good - no complaints there.

Room Tip: Make sure you dont take the East Wing rooms - they are very dated and not worth the rate.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RigVeda
DirOfPR, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2015

Dear RigVeda,

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not find the guestroom that you stayed in to your expectation. Having said that, yes, the rooms are currently undergoing renovation in stages and we are looking forward to a newer product. Thank you as well for the positive comment on the service that you have experienced during your stay.

Your business is important to us, and we hope that you will give us another chance once our new rooms are rolled out.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

I was escorted by the receptionist to the executive lounge where my check in was very smooth. I ticked off my Marriott Rewards welcome drink and dessert which were delivered to my room. The room has the basic standards required. The view is what makes it all interesting as it faces the Menara KL Tower. Thanks to the team for making stay a peaceful one.

Room Tip: Free Wi-Fi for Marriott Rewards
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business