“4.5 Star”

Ranked #35 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melbourne, Australia
“4.5 Star”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have recently stayed in this hotel and it was not worst hotel I stayed at in my trip. The hotel was good value for money, however I did have some concerns over the cleanliness of this hotel.
My bathroom had ants crawling around in it and in the 5 days I was there the cleaner did not manage to clean this which surprised me for a 5 star hotel of this calibre.
Buffet was excellent quality and the pool was very relaxing. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: A lot of ongoing construction works outside, suggest requesting a higher floor room on the PETRONAS...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Thanks the spacious and clean room with working area, I was able to settle down and work in a foreign country comfortably. The food though expensive were yummy and room service was timely.

In all, I had a great experience staying there.
Oh just maybe a minor point. The hotel offers free gym classes but will require hotel guest to go to the lobby to obtain a card prior to attending gym classes. I find it an unnecessary step given that we should be able to prove that we are hotel guest by producing our hotel room card.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded to life style floor which also have great tower view. The room is fantastic. The location of hotel is close to klick and the train so easily go to bukit bin tang in 10 mins.

The only thing need to be improve is the breakfast. They don't supply a lot of choice of fresh fruits, which make me feel like I am in Russia, not in a country which has so many fruits.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

It takes a while to check in, and the late comers just went directly to the front of the line without the hotel staff calling their attention to fall in line. When it was my turn to check- in, I was informed by Anna, the front desk receptionist, that I booked a "room only". I was shocked because I specifically booked a room with breakfast and I have my agoda voucher to prove it. I was allowed to check in but I was told to wait for a confirmation of my booking, if it was with breakfast. Instead of an immediate feedback, I had to go down to the reception hours after, but no feedback was given. I was told to call front desk again in the morning before breakfast. The next day, I called the front desk and I was told that they will honor my agoda booking if I have a copy of my voucher, which I told them I have, and in fact Anna had it photocopied during check in. It was only then that I was allowed to have breakfast. The whole thing was very annoying and it caused me embarrassment to have to beg for something that I already paid. The breakfast was average and not what was shown on the website's pictures. All things considered, the hotel room I booked is overpriced, as the furnishings and fixtures showed signs of wear and tear. The hotel's star rating should have been 3 stars only, and I am being charitable here. The only good thing here is the side view of the Petronas Towers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was booked in to stay at the Renaissance Hotel for a 2 week business trip back in July 2013.. I only lasted 2 nights :(. I would have left straight away if I could have gotten into the Double Tree (down the road) sooner (VERY NICE). Speak to anyone about this hotel and they’ll either say is fabulous OR down right awful. Unfortunately, I’m in the second category. The reason for this is that they have two wings, and I presume are mid-way through a renovation.. I ended up in an un-renovated room and it was horrible.. a step back in time to the late 80s, early 90s. The room had bad lighting and bad décor, but by far the worst was the bath/shower combo with the old sticky shower curtain and the horrendous lack of drainage.. so you end up fighting back the curtain, will the grey water rising around your ankles while to battle to get clean.. YUK.

The lobby, pool & pool area are ok, but the room was terrible.. Better places to stay.

Room Tip: Must stay in the renovated wing, or perish is an outdated and dirty dungeon of a room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Used this hotel on week long business trip to KL. The rooms are very tired and dated and not at all comfortable.

Although the hotel has numerous catering options the quality of the restaurants leave alot to be desired, and the cockroaches running around the buffet platters did little to increase my appetite.

Staff were very friendly and did all they could to make sure the stay was as pleasant as possible, but I would not recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelr8tr
Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed in the east wing lifestyle level room for 2 days in Dec 2013 for my anniversary. Let's start the review from the moment I stepped into the hotel.

Parking was fairly easy to find, and upon producing my identity card at the east wing reception lobby, I was told that I'm entitled to private check in at the club lounge. That was a pleasant start, was escorted upstairs by the kind receptionist. Check in was a breeze, and my room was on the highest floor, just right next to the lounge exactly. Room was perfect, with the twin tower just right in front of our eyes. Kudos to the staff at the club lounge check in counter.

Proceeded to the gym for a workout, gym equipments are good. Evening cocktail at the club lounge was ok, only a few types of food to choose from.

Breakfast the following day at the Temptations restaurant was okay, food selection is normal for a 5 star hotel, problem arised on the last morning of my stay. Person who attended to me was Gunalan, if I remember his name correctly. He is the manager of the restaurant. Asked me what's my room no. When I told him 24xx he looked at me as if I'm lying and then asked me for my name. This is a 5 star hotel, and the attitude and stare that he gave me was as if I'm a trespasser who wants to cheat my way in.

I lodged a formal complain against him thru the receptionist at the club lounge but as usual, she just apologized on behalf of him and I believe that he won't even be aware of what had happened. When a customer pay to stay on a club floor, I believe he/she has a choice of where they want to have their breakfast.

If not because of this event, the stay would have been wonderful.

Room Tip: Get the lifestyle level rooms, facing twin tower if possible. The night view is just magnificent
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple