Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
THE FACE Suites(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
Hotel Gulshan Ampang(Kuala Lumpur)
3,998 results
All reviewswest wingpetronas towerslifestyle loungeswim up barbukit nanas monorail stationclub levelan upgradehop on hop off busbit datedupgraded to a suiteswimming pool ischinese restaurantmin walkbuffet breakfastthe executive loungepublic transporttemptation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stuck here for longer than we wanted - that is not a criticism of the hotel but KL can be somewhat oppressive especially if you love the countryside. However, I will review KL itself separately.

As has been already said, the hotel is tired but the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Our fridge was not working and was replaced within 30 minutes after telephoning reception but a broken light was not fixed until the next day. The walls / rooms could do with some better soundproofing as we can always hear when next door are going to the toilet or having a shower ..... maybe that's your thing?

Breakfast was a plentiful mix of Asian, European, and American food styles but I did feel the whole place catered more for the business traveller rather than the casual tourist; facilities such as conference rooms and media suites as opposed to tourist centred activity. Sadly the large swimming pool is shaded most of the day by the two large twin towers of the hotel itself which are on the south side of the pool - not so good if you want to sunbathe. Sadly also, there is considerable building work (at least 5 tower blocks currently under construction) going on the immediate vicinity and this means it will always be a noisy location, especially as the hotel is also sited at the junction of two major dual carriageways and a railway station.

However, this might suit some people very well as it does mean you are centrally located although it's not for me as I would have preferred somewhere more quiet and restful.

As for choice of room, despite what has been said, there is not much to choose between East and West wing but as others have also said, it is good to get a high floor for the view. Facing the twin Petronas towers (i.e. looking South) is slightly better because most of the building work is going on the other (swimming pool) side, looking North.

Room Tip: High Floor; South side
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arkay56
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Generally for a Malaysian hotel, the service was pretty good all around and breakfast is quite well run - which is important to me for a business stay. The two hotel towers confused me at first, as my reservation did not indicate which check-in desk I should go to. I was directed to one of them which turned out to be the right tower. I don't know if there could be a "wrong" check-in desk; if I had to be re-directed to the other one, I would not have liked that as it would have made me late and wasted my time.

Staying in one tower and needing to go to the other for the course, with no connection other than at the ground floor, was ok but not very convenient. Particularly the in-between grand lobby seem to frequently host overspill from functions at an adjoining room. Lots of tables and chairs and people to circumnavigate just to move from one tower to the other makes the hotel feel very crowded.

The room was quite comfortable. I had internet connection issues but the helpdesk was able to sort it out. The only thing that I disliked about the room was that the chair badly needed re-cushioned. It was sinking in when I sat on it (and I am very small) and very uncomfortable.

I gave it a 4 rating anyway because it is located near a monorail station which would be a plus for people who are based at the hotel but need to go elsewhere to work.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Recently returned from 4 night stay in this hotel. Fantastic location between monorail & railway station, few minutes walk to Petronas Towers & KLCC Suria shopping centre. Typical business hotel, large swimming pool, good sized rooms & continental breakfast served in both east & west wing, (west wing was quieter).We were upgraded to a lifestyle room in the east wing which was a pleasant surprise with great view of the towers. Staff were always polite and extremely helpful. Would use again if staying in KL.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was treated as a King at this hotel.
The location is very good, you are a couple of blocks away from the Petronas Towers.
The hotel has an old decor mimicking early 1900 style. The rooms are big, nice bathroom but they are dated.
The service is excellent at this hotel. People are very polite and helpful.
I had access to the lounge and they had excellent breakfast in the morning and snacks in the evening. They staff at the lounge was the best!
They have a fantastic gym. It has all the equipment you need if you are serious about working out.
The pool is very nice and big. It is nice to refresh in the pool with Kuala Lumpur being so hot all the time.
I recommend this hotel just for the service. I did not mind it was dated because as I said before I was treated as king.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We lived at this hotel during a 3,5 months stay i Kuala Lumpur from mid oktober 2012 to jan.2013.
First of all,there is a lot of big and luxorius hotels in KL and the Renaissance is (has been) one of them. The hotel are divided in two parts,East wing and West wing
The East wing had gone through newly refurbishments and the West end was a little bit more from the days the hotel was built.
We lived in the 9th floor in the West end in a 55sqm room with a wiew to the Petronas Towers ,TV tower and the busy corner of Jalan Ampang and Sultan Ismail.
The positive thing with a wiew to the mentioned corner is that you can see how much traffic there is and then its easyer to calculate if you need to hurry up in the shower or you can take your time to reach an appointment.
The Malays cant stand rain,so if (when) the rain is coming its totally chaos,motorcycles parking under shelter and people who walked to town or job that day,suddenly need to get in to a taxi or car.
If heavy raining occurs for 40min during afternoon its not unusual that the taxi uses 30 min from the Petronas to the hotel (and that is approx 500-600m)
The hotel has two breakfast buffet's. One in the East wing and one in the West wing.
The Westwing was a little bit smaller than the Eastwing ,but as we stayed there for 3,5 months we had one day in the east and one day in the west.
There is continental breakfast in both and a big variety of breakfast (not to mention the chocolate fountain and ice cream bar,)
Eggs can be found in all styles and cookings,bread and croissant ,juice,milk w.m
The only thing that wasnt good was the regular coffee they are serving at the tables.
(But there is a Illy machine at the front desk that you can pay some RM and take it with you on the go!)
Theres is a variety of bars inside the hotel (sportsbar,coctailbar,poolbar and more) that each has their own interior and expression.
The poolbar is quite good for a pre dinner drink.
The swimmingpool is to be said is the biggest pool of all the KL hotels . If this is correct,i dont know but during our stay we also went to other hotels for visiting friends,having dinner etc. and we dindt see any bigger pools!
Hotel staff is friendly and serviceminded and helpful with information of any kind!
We also tried some of the restaurants at the hotel,wich you can see in the restaurant rewiews.
The fitness room is quite good and the spa is exellent (pricey,but value for the money!)

Room Tip: The higher you get,the less noisy it is.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business