“Great For Business Trips”

Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Ranked #39 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The all over atmosphere of the Hotel gives you the impression that this hotel was built for businessmen , the rooms are clean and spacious with a View of KLCC towers ,Food is incredibly delicious , and the staff are always smiling .

Stayed there for 6 days trip , and am really satisfied .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Botalak
Write a ReviewReviews (3,812)

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the renaissance hotel. The room was beautiful, with a great shower and lovely toiletries in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the view from our window on the 8th floor was incredible. We had a bay window looking out onto the towers.
The pool is beautiful and provided a much needed relaxation point after a day of trekking the streets! I found the staff to be very courteous and helpful. They allowed us to use the reception computer to check-in online and to print our boarding passes as the business centre had closed.
The food was very nice. We only ate at breakfast but there was plenty of selection and something for everyone. Fruit, toast, cereal, yoghurt, hot food, local cuisine and even a chocolate fountain!
The only negative point of our whole stay was the bar prices. Absolutely sky high. We decided to have a drink in the hotel one night. The bar is small and quite unappealing. A pint and a half cost us a fortune! We were fairly disgusted as I thought the rooms were quite good value. Such a shame they feel the need to fleece you in the bar.
Whilst you're in KL, I can recommend a few things.
1/ The tamarind hill restaurant was the best meal we had all holiday. Reasonably priced and in a beautiful location. Don't let the steps outside put you off.
2/ obviously the towers. We tried to book tickets online but couldn't get the site to work. I'd heard that there were horrendous queues, but we turned up mid morning to no queue. We booked tickets for a few hours later (there are only so many tickets sold each day, and for a certain number of people per hour). We went and got a coffee, then came back. It was a fantastic view of the city and the guides were really friendly and knowledgable. Their English is impeccable.
3/ the sky bar at the Traders hotel. A roof top bar set around a pool. Wednesday was ladies night. Free margaritas from 6-9pm. You can essentially drink for free for 3 hrs!! If you want a seat by the edge, reserve one when you go in. As they become free you are allocated a spot. Fantastic night time view of the city.
4/. The Hakka restaurant. It appears that you're sat in a car park, but you're not! The food was lovely and the price was very reasonable. It's right by the big shopping centre, but don't go for a drink in any of the bars there. They are so very expensive and a bit lame compared to the smaller local bars and restaurants in the area.
5/ the Tujo bar at the ascott hotel. A really friendly little bar on the ground floor. A great place we stopped one even for a relaxing pint!
6/ the central markets. Craziness but very enjoyable and lots of things to do and buy.

Lastly, as a strict vegetarian, I found it quite easy to eat in KL. Every restaurant had a veggie section. The food was lovely. My other half is not veggie and will eat anything. He ate street food and restaurant food, and at no point was either of us ill.
Enjoy.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angelcat18
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel right in the heart of KL. good rooms and banquets. we stayed in the east wing I think. access to tourist places and markets is good. but avoid travelling in peak hours. a brisk walk would take you to the Petronas towers and the shopping mall. but if you enjoy street food then the nz joint on the opposite side of Petronas is good.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank joevarghese5
TammyChng, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay here at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you to KL again. Since you mentioned street food, may I suggest that you ask our Navigators for other street food places you could try out the next time you are here in the city.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us a thumbs up :)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our stay for a conference during the month of July 2013 - was very pleasant. The ambiance, the restaurant, the rooms, house keeping every thing was very good. The reception area is too good. Only problem, they allow smoking in the lobby, which creates little problem for non smokers

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the chance of staying here for 3nights and 4 days .ambience of the hotel is so good ,well located twin towers ...staff r so rude to the guest.you don't expect them to serve you.they won't .and as pointed by some one they just make fun of you as if we stay free there.i ll never recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance_KL, Adrian Ee, Director of Operations at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments relating to your recent experience whilst staying with us. Having gone through feedback, please allow us to express our most sincere apologies for the treatment from our Associates which you encountered is totally unacceptable. We have taken note of your comments and please be rest assured that we will intensify our re-training focusing on guest service delivery to avoid any re-occurrences of such nature.

Your business is indeed important to us and we thank you for your feedback as only through comments such as yours we are able to improve our services and product. We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you and sincerely hope we will have another opportunity to be of service to you and make it right for your next stay.

Yours sincerely,
Adrian Ee
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hi, This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff make fun of their guests and are very rude. I have a problem in my eye lids. One of the staff pointed at my eye lids and started laughing. When I showed him anger, he replied 'just asking'. I cant believe it that the staff will behave this way even in the worst hotel of the world.
Later when I was checking out from the hotel next day, I noticed the staff members are looking at me and one staff member was pointing at me that I am the same girl with eye lid problem. I felt so bad that how can you make fun of someone's problem.
Since I was getting late to reach airport, I just left immediately. But now I cannot forget the humiliation of the staff and will never recommend anyone to go to any Renaissance Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Nivedita4
Renaissance_KL, General Manager at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. Naturally, I was most concerned to read your comments and I am embarrassed for the disrespectful and unprofessional behavior displayed by one of our Associates, which is totally unacceptable. We do not condone rude behavior in any form towards our guests as it is simply unacceptable and is absolutely against the Renaissance’s philosophy of “Spirit to Serve”. Allow me to express my deepest apologies and I can assure you that serious counseling which may lead to disciplinary action will be taken against the Associate in question. I would appreciate it if you could email directly to me (robert.frager@renaissancehotels.com) the name of the Associate. I have already shared your comments with our Team and Human Resources to ensure our training emphasizes on proper mannerism and respect.

Your business is important to us and I thank you for your constructive feedback as it is only through comments such as yours that enable us to improve our services.

Once again, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope this isolated incident will not mar your overall impression towards the Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel and you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Robert Frager

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Maybe I was just lucky? A 3 night stay with a friendly welcome and super view of the twin towers - 18th floor no-smoking, Huge bed with really soft pillows, free , fast internet, outstanding Fitness / Health facilities and a very short walk to the PETRONAS Towers with easy access by train / sky train. I particularly found the service exceptionally good and my usual fight with a hotel chef to create a personal off the menu meal was done without the bat of an eye and I was most impressed with that. Yes I guess its feeling its age in places but the heart of this hotel is its staff , and It will be my hotel of choice if I return to KL

Room Tip: East wing to the left is the best view of the towers, make sure you ask for this view in your reques...