“Good location, convenient”

Ranked #37 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
New York City, New York
“Good location, convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed for a business trip, good location, solid service. There is a good mix of restaurants with reasonably good food and a wide selection. The service is excellent, friendly and helpful. English is widely well spoken among the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Da Nang, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights and we got a free upgrade to the life style lounge.
We had a nice room, a good bed and a great view.
The pool and the gym were a little bit in used condition but still Ok.
The breakfast was good but too expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at this hotel in Mar 13. Paid £80 a night (incl buffet breakfast) through Booking.com. Hotel is right next to (10min walk) to the Petronas Towers and is a 45m journey (with no traffic) or 2 hours!! Away from the airport in rush hour (as we experienced).
We booked a Tower view room and we weren't disappointed with the view. The massive floor to ceiling window allowed for an amazing view of the Towers and central Kuala Lumpur! Got some great pictures. The hotel is really nice and when you walk into the reception it seems very modern and well looked after.
Checked into our room - nice big bed! However, all alliances are quite dated and old! The bathroom is very dated! The impression we got was that the rooms haven't been updated for a longtime (Eastwing) and the hotel have decided the view is all you want.
Breakfast buffet was nice, also had the Indian evening buffet one night which was great!
Overall - not bad for the price but the rooms desperately need a refurb!
On top of this itis without doubt the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in (can hear water from other rooms as well as lots of noise from outside).

Room Tip: East wing for the Petronas Towers view but the rooms are old. Also - sign up for a Marriott rewards...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This review is based on my one night stay in December 2012. My husband and I arranged for a car to collect us at the airport and they sent a big sedan. Upon arrival I saw two huge tour busses so I was a bit worried that our check-in may take longer due to large number of tourists.

Check-in took a very long time because they had two agents working and one of them was answering a phone call. There wasn't anyone in front of us. We waited patiently, even though two people tried to jump in front of us. I can't recall the last time I waited more than 15 minutes to check-in at a hotel. May be in Las Vegas. I was annoyed so I went to the hotel bar to get a drink and a snack. My husband announced to me that they gave us a bigger room because our room type wasn't ready. Holy moly our room was huge! A suite the size of a small apartment complete with a living room, dining room, a small kitchenette, two entrances, a large comfortable bed, nice shower and a bath. I do have to mention that it seemed a bit dated but clean.

Alas, our only purpose of being there was for a wedding so we didn't get to enjoy this spectacular room. On to other stuff. Their ballroom was beautiful. Their bar area was nice. The waitresses were attentive and our snack dishes arrived quickly. Breakfast at the club level was just right. We didn't linger as we had a flight to catch.

For the price, I would say this is a good value for money hotel. I only have one other hotel in KL to compare but I would recommend this hotel to my friends with a disclaimer that I didn't venture outside of the hotel so I can't comment on its location.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LittleTeton
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a huge conference hotel with two wings - the east wing has Petronas tower views (or pool views on the other side), the west wing has KL tower views (as well as pool views). We were offered an upgrade from west to east for 55 euros/night, which seemed too expensive. The room itself was excellent, and it was possible to turn to AC off! (not always a given in Asia). The pool is fantastic (kidney dish shaped, but over 50 meters long). It also has very generous opening hours, which is excellent in sticky KL. Breakfast in the West wing was excellent (allegedly better than in the East wings - perhaps that's why there were queues in the morning. Housekeeping very good.
However: the "virtual concierge" was no good - we asked for high floors and views and initially got neither - make sure you print your booking and have it with you when you check in. Also check your bill carefully - we were initially charged for WIFI which was, however, part of our conference package. (Apparently you can also get free Wifi if you join their rewards programme).
The location is soso - the monorail is close by and the Petronas towers area within walking distance - other than that there isn't much nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I think they would usually book business travellers on the older rooms at the East Wing. The rundown and dirty carpet, yellowing bathroom fixtures and old furniture are I guess unavoidable but the other failures are inexcusable.

I had a fright after waking up at 2 am, there was only static on the TV, the phones were not working (receptionist didn't mention this upon check-in), and when I used the toilet--brackish water came out. I immeditely ran down to the lobby and raised these issues to the night manager who couldn't care less.

They moved me to a new room on the West Wing with club access, but the phones were still not working. I wasn't having the best time since I had influenza and anything I needed meant that I had to make a trip to the reception area. I asked for the email address of the GM from the West Wing night manager and again they don't seem to care that a guest is still awake at 4am, angry at them for a horrible hotel experience.

What irked me most was that both night managers were Filipinas and their attitude seemed to change (suddenly they were concerned) after they found out I was a Filipino. Good service should not discriminate, if Filipinos want to be recognized for exceptional service then we should extend our excellent behavior to all our guests--I really don't care for special treatment extended to "kababayans."

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank ermscram
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

When we first arrived at the hotel after spending some time at the double tree Hilton nearby where my friends stayed, we were less than happy because comparatively it was a much older hotel.
We chose to pay extra and moved to the west wing whereby the room was bigger and the furnitures were slightly more modern. The room was also brighter with more lightings. After 6 days we came away happy overall due to the excellent service we received from the restaurant manager at breakfast, the house keeping staff, the front desk personnel and the service people at the Chinese restaurant.
They have a well equipped gymnasium with sauna, steam and jacuzzi. We found it a challenge to cross the road to get to the mass transit station because the pedestrian signal did not seem to work properly. It has a good size swimming pool but unfortunately surrounded by newly erected tall buildings. We would not recommend the spa at all.
Overall we were satisfied