Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
4,694 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2012

There are two restaurants in this hotel that offer very good food, Sagano a Japanese restaurant and Dynasty, a Chinese restaurant.

I went to both these two restaurants for the 2012 MIGF(Malaysian International Gourmet Festival).
First I tried the Chinese fine dining in Dynasty, the food was value for money and the serving was very generous. The taste was rather light and delicious, you get to the real taste of the food, not overpowered by the oil and sauce like the others.

Sagano Japanese restaurant gave us a very pleasant surprise, very nicely presented. The food was really mouth watery and unforgettably good. it was interesting to know that the chef had Italian cooking experience and he used it in his food presentation. The foie gras was really amasing.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great location at the corner of the'Golden Triangle', next to a light rail station, 10mins walk to KLCC/Twin Tower (if you can bear the heat).

I stayed at 22th floor in an newly renovated room. Luxurious, comfortable, bright with wonderful KL City Skyline view. It is exactly the expectation from a 5* business hotel.

Staffs are helpful and friendly.

Food from restaurant are nice, but not exceptional.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank JerryMJT
Reviewed October 27, 2012

To be fair, we stayed in the lifestyle suite as they were running a weekend special and we decided to splurge. The bed and pillows made it worth every dime. We stayed in the east wing with the view of the towers which was great. The staff were attentive. I think that since the hotel is located just a short distance from KLCC that you can get a nice room for a better price although I still think that all hotels should ofer free wi-if in all the rooms and this one does not. Will stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Renaissance Hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Kuala Lampur city. The Petronas Twin towers and the KL Minara are both just a walk away and there some very good shopping malls and eateries around too. There are also a lot of clubs and night hangouts around this hotel, making it a good place to stay if you want to thoroughly experience Kuala Lampur city.

I stayed as a single guest in a room which was probably meant for two people. The overall quality of the room was good, but there was a certain lack of cleanliness in the corners. The Bathrooms and toilets were also average. This is something I wont usually expect to see in a 5 star hotel. Another big problem in the room is the complete lack of plug points to charge your mobile phones, laptops etc. Its as if the hotel doesn't want you using any electricity at all to charge your hand held devices. I had a tough time, since I had my phone, ipod and camera to charge almost every night.

The food especially the breakfast which I had here on all days (I used to be out for lunch and dinner) was fantastic. A wide array of dishes to choose from and a good combination of both nutritious and healthy stuff made this one of the best parts of my stay at the Renaissance.

I have stayed at a Marriott residency before and I must say that this one, somehow didn't match up completely to the quality standards that the Marriott hotels usually boast off.

Its a good place to stay, albeit a little pricy. If you can afford it, it would make a great place to stay and experience the Kuala Lampur city.

Room tip: Try and get rooms that face the Petronas Twin Towers and the Minara when you book the rooms itself. It makes for a great view from the room at the night.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here 3 times within a period of 5 years - once in March 2007, another in Dec 2011 and the most current one was in June this year during one of my Emirates Open Day Assessment... On all occasions, I stayed in the West Wing with pool view...

I have not much complaints on the rooms, beds and the hotel amenities - Beds were comfortable, mini bar and toiletries were well replenished, rooms were clean and everything else were in working order... The breakfast was the best I ever had so far in KL with a fantastic international buffet spread... I love the freeform pool the most as it was well-maintained and had enough sun loungers.... The hotel deco was really beautiful and massive with nice royal carpets and grand chandeliers... It was really grand....

However, I found that the staffs were not as prompt in service... During one of the stays, checking-out was slow until the taxi driver had to find me personally at the counter... At breakfast, I had to ask the server for coffee 4 times even when I noticed that it was not a busy period (the 1st time I stayed was busier as the breakfast area was totally full).. When I walked over and poured the coffee myself, one of the staff just stood there... Extra towel took overnight to be delivered to our room... Requested from housekeeping after dawn prayer time and we got it the next day before we left for breakfast...

Bukit Nenas train station is just a junction away from the hotel but during monsoon/ rainy seasons, it seems forever to reach there... U have to cross 2 junctions, which is ok during sunny or normal weather... But try crossing when it is raining heavily with strong wind, a flooded road up to ankle deep and worst, when those inconsiderate drivers passed at high speed, splash U with water and U end up soaking wet even before reaching the station... Location is good if U frequent the bar/club along Jalan Ampang (eg. Zouk, Luna, Hard Rock, Beach Club Cafe) and it is also nearer to KLCC (although quite a walking distance)...

I may be in love with the pool but at the same price, you can get another hotel in a better location especially if you are a Bukit Bintang shopaholic like me... Anyway in KL, once you have started shopping, you won't have the time to get a tan :)

p/s: Pics were taken during my 2nd stay in Dec 2011... So there might be some changes... But like I said, my issues were not with the rooms but service and location....

Date of stay: June 2012