“Excellent Location”

Ranked #276 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The heading says it all....great location close to plenty of vibrant retail/bars/restaurants/etc .......but hotel a little tired and in need of a make-over. Having said that it was still clean and functional......breakfast average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce N
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Bruce N

Thank you for the feedback with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have taken note of your comments highlighted and I agreed that Radius International Hotel Kuala Lumpur is conveniently located near to bars, restaurants, major shopping centre, etc. By the way, for your information, plans have been made to renovate the hotel in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve further in order to serve our guests well and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

James Chan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bekasi, Indonesia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

one of the most known hotel for Indonesian tourist. The location is perfect, near of Alor Street and monorail station. Breakfast menu is quite tasty, but the variation is very poor. The room will be perfect if only i didn't found a dead cockroach in the bathroom and one of the towel smell so bad. The hotel aisle clearly need replacement with newer carpet and obviously need air freshener (so stuffy smell because there is no air exchange in the aisle). If you don't mind to tolerate the music sounds, which is very noisy, from the bar below the hotel, you may book a room at this hotel.

Room Tip: the higher the floor of your room, the better the quality of sleep you will have. The music sound we...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Umamnoer

Thank you for your review with regard to your previous stay with us.

I have taken note of your comments and I will certainly act on the issues highlighted.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Newcastle NSW
Reviewed November 24, 2013

All I can say is never ever stay in this hotel. Worst service. Bathroom small and whenever you take bath water blocks. You will have to swim back to room. Very poor service. You ask for towels and you will get it after an hour. Towels you get will be old. You ask for iron and iron table you will get reply that they are not sure when they can provide because someone else has borrowed it. It's just opposite a pub where music is Loud and so much disturbance. Lousy environment. I would recommend you to avoid this hotel even if it is for one night stay.

2 Thank Anisamustafa
Dear Anisamustafa

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have read through each of your comments and I will certainly look into addressing the issues mentioned.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve further in order to provide a better service to our guests.

We are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here. We had so much mould in the bathroom that it was disturbing. Room was musty. Air conditioner was causing black marks along the wall. Walls are paper thin. Breakfast was appalling. Cheaply done and they took food off the table before we had even finished.
The towels were very old. The general cleanliness of the hotel is disgraceful. The pool while it looks good in the photos is run down with no comfortable seating.
I will not stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank binvinnie
Dear binvinnie

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

First of all, I would like to apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay.

I have read through each of your comments. I have informed my housekeeper to be more thorough on cleanliness and hygiene for the comfort of our guests. Immediate measures will be taken to prevent from further complaints.

Regarding the breakfast, I will evaluate it together with my Chef and we will take necessary measures to improve the breakfast.

Please feel free to contact me if you are in Kuala Lumpur again as I am looking forward to arrange another opportunity in welcoming you to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The service at counter is bad.
The food at their restaurant is terrible horrible BAD!
I never taste the food like this before and ever.
Their food is not fresh at all and very smelliness!
So for overall if the mark can be negative and I will do it so.

4 Thank Jia Y
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Jia Y

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

First of all, I would like to apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.

I have taken note of your comments highlighted and I will certainly evaluate it with my team and immediate measures will be taken to improve it.

Please feel free to call me when you are in Kuala Lumpur again as we are looking forward to arrange another opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The best part about the hotel is it's location, right in the middle of the shopping and food district. The pool is a nice touch too. We were given a room upgrade although when we got to the room there was mould growing all over the bathroom as well as in the ceiling of the bedroom. Bit of a put off...

2 Thank MiaandHunts
Dear MiaandHunts

Thank you for the review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I am sorry for the unpleasant experience you encountered in the room during your stay. I have informed my Housekeeper to be thorough ensuring all room defects are rectified and cleaned before releasing the room.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us again.

dhaka
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is in Changkat which is the noisy part of Bukit Bintang, KL. Loads of bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants. On the west of the hotel is more upscale restaurants crowded by westerners. On the east and in the front are mostly street stalls and restaurants offering Asian cheap food. First thing we saw getting out from the tourist bus were bunch of hookers (mostly ladyboys) standing right opposite the hotel for customers at around 3 in the morning and couple of clubs playing loud music. I was in the 9th floor and its just too much noise till early in the morning. If you are looking to stay in a cheap party-type neighborhood, this is it. If you are with family and want good sleep at night, taking a room even on the 11th floor wont stop the noise. First morning we arrived, we heard there was a snatching incident from in front of the hotel in broad daylight. Fourth day, we were casually getting out to grab a bite at 2 in the morning, and just saw 6-7 guys dragging two guys (one of them having his girlfriend with him) from a neighboring club to the street in front of the hotel and beating the hell out of him and ending it by smashing a bottle on his head. we rushed away. Oh and you wont find any coppers around ensuring your security. I think the hotel is only good proximity wise since its near to the Bukit Bintang shopping area and also probably if you are a bunch of young guys together in KL just to have parties and are out of your room most of the time. Rooms are spacious but very old and a bit dirty. Water leakages in almost every toilet (we were a group of 60 people, so we shared our experiences in different rooms). I asked for a converter, reception said they ran out of them, I asked for towels, the housekeeping forgot. As a whole, bad service. You will find much better hotels for similar or lower prices in Jalan Imbi which is also in Bukit Bintang but better neighborhood.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, choose a room at the highest possible floor and one that does not face the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank abch934
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear abch934

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently and I am very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had encountered during your stay.

I have read through your comments highlighted and I will certainly look into improving our services and amenities in the rooms.

For your information, the surrounding area is a tourist area with Pubs, Restaurants, Shopping Malls, etc. We have in fact sought the assistance from the Police department to conduct regular patrol at this area.

Once again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to Radius International Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.