“Worst experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #277 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Newcastle NSW
“Worst experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

All I can say is never ever stay in this hotel. Worst service. Bathroom small and whenever you take bath water blocks. You will have to swim back to room. Very poor service. You ask for towels and you will get it after an hour. Towels you get will be old. You ask for iron and iron table you will get reply that they are not sure when they can provide because someone else has borrowed it. It's just opposite a pub where music is Loud and so much disturbance. Lousy environment. I would recommend you to avoid this hotel even if it is for one night stay.

2 Thank Anisamustafa
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Anisamustafa

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have read through each of your comments and I will certainly look into addressing the issues mentioned.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve further in order to provide a better service to our guests.

We are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us again.

James Chan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here. We had so much mould in the bathroom that it was disturbing. Room was musty. Air conditioner was causing black marks along the wall. Walls are paper thin. Breakfast was appalling. Cheaply done and they took food off the table before we had even finished.
The towels were very old. The general cleanliness of the hotel is disgraceful. The pool while it looks good in the photos is run down with no comfortable seating.
I will not stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank binvinnie
Dear binvinnie

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

First of all, I would like to apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay.

I have read through each of your comments. I have informed my housekeeper to be more thorough on cleanliness and hygiene for the comfort of our guests. Immediate measures will be taken to prevent from further complaints.

Regarding the breakfast, I will evaluate it together with my Chef and we will take necessary measures to improve the breakfast.

Please feel free to contact me if you are in Kuala Lumpur again as I am looking forward to arrange another opportunity in welcoming you to stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

The service at counter is bad.
The food at their restaurant is terrible horrible BAD!
I never taste the food like this before and ever.
Their food is not fresh at all and very smelliness!
So for overall if the mark can be negative and I will do it so.

4 Thank Jia Y
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Jia Y

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

First of all, I would like to apologise for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.

I have taken note of your comments highlighted and I will certainly evaluate it with my team and immediate measures will be taken to improve it.

Please feel free to call me when you are in Kuala Lumpur again as we are looking forward to arrange another opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The best part about the hotel is it's location, right in the middle of the shopping and food district. The pool is a nice touch too. We were given a room upgrade although when we got to the room there was mould growing all over the bathroom as well as in the ceiling of the bedroom. Bit of a put off...

2 Thank MiaandHunts
Dear MiaandHunts

Thank you for the review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I am sorry for the unpleasant experience you encountered in the room during your stay. I have informed my Housekeeper to be thorough ensuring all room defects are rectified and cleaned before releasing the room.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us again.

dhaka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is in Changkat which is the noisy part of Bukit Bintang, KL. Loads of bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants. On the west of the hotel is more upscale restaurants crowded by westerners. On the east and in the front are mostly street stalls and restaurants offering Asian cheap food. First thing we saw getting out from the tourist bus were bunch of hookers (mostly ladyboys) standing right opposite the hotel for customers at around 3 in the morning and couple of clubs playing loud music. I was in the 9th floor and its just too much noise till early in the morning. If you are looking to stay in a cheap party-type neighborhood, this is it. If you are with family and want good sleep at night, taking a room even on the 11th floor wont stop the noise. First morning we arrived, we heard there was a snatching incident from in front of the hotel in broad daylight. Fourth day, we were casually getting out to grab a bite at 2 in the morning, and just saw 6-7 guys dragging two guys (one of them having his girlfriend with him) from a neighboring club to the street in front of the hotel and beating the hell out of him and ending it by smashing a bottle on his head. we rushed away. Oh and you wont find any coppers around ensuring your security. I think the hotel is only good proximity wise since its near to the Bukit Bintang shopping area and also probably if you are a bunch of young guys together in KL just to have parties and are out of your room most of the time. Rooms are spacious but very old and a bit dirty. Water leakages in almost every toilet (we were a group of 60 people, so we shared our experiences in different rooms). I asked for a converter, reception said they ran out of them, I asked for towels, the housekeeping forgot. As a whole, bad service. You will find much better hotels for similar or lower prices in Jalan Imbi which is also in Bukit Bintang but better neighborhood.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, choose a room at the highest possible floor and one that does not face the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank abch934
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear abch934

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently and I am very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had encountered during your stay.

I have read through your comments highlighted and I will certainly look into improving our services and amenities in the rooms.

For your information, the surrounding area is a tourist area with Pubs, Restaurants, Shopping Malls, etc. We have in fact sought the assistance from the Police department to conduct regular patrol at this area.

Once again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to Radius International Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here for 2 night on my recent trip to KL. Overall i would rate the experience as only decent and given a choice and budget i would stay elsewhere. The location is fantastic but everything else the property and staff need to improve upon.

Staff - Decent. Not do anything out of the ordinary. Was asked to come back at 2:30 or 3 for my check-in time. Breakfast staff was quite good.
Room - Old but very big and spacious and i had booked the premier executive room. Good value for the extra 20RM or so.
Wifi - Really really bad. I not sure why the hotel can't do anything about it since a lot of guest comment on the same. The premier executive rooms on their non dedicated floors upto 16 i think are all corner rooms and the signal is very poor and drops and doesn't work most of the time. Sat at the executive
Breakfast - Average
Location - Probably the only reason why these guys are in business. Otherwise this property has been badly maintained
Pool area - Dint really check this out.

Room Tip: Get a room near the Wifi if you need to get work done. Premier executive is a better deal. Also befo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear SandeepBalaji

Thank you for your feedback with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have read through your comments highlighted and I will certainly look into improving it.

For your information, we have just upgraded our WIFI system of our premier floors recently. Since you mentioned that WIFI is bad, I will look into it.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve further in order to serve our valued guests such as your good self as well.

Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have read a lot of the other reviews complaining about the noise and ageing decor and can agree with most of them.

Firstly as far as the noise goes, this is pretty much standard for what I have come to expect from hotels in Asia so far. For some or other reason sound proofing in hotels in Asia seems to be bad consistently across the board, so I would not really single this hotel out on that account. Also there is some noise coming from the restaurants and pubs in Changkat Bukit Bintang, but that is to the price you have to pay for staying so close the the partying area.

The one thing where I seriously think they can give attention to is the ageing decor. The paint on the walls are worn out, the linen is yellow and aged, as is the towels and the carpets are full of stains. This is something I think needs some urgent attention and will definitely go a long way to lift the status of the hotel.

Breakfast is also not anything to write home about and I think is sub-par for the size of the hotel.

Overall I did not have a horrible stay by any stretch of the imagination, and the location is quite good.

Room Tip: I suspect a room away from the Changkat Bukit Bintang area may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jirreman

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have taken note of your comments highlighted and for your information, we are planning for renovation.

As for breakfast, we will evaluate further for improvement.