“Reasonable priced hotel for budget travelers but poor maintenance”
Review of Hotel Soleil

Hotel Soleil
Ranked #286 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a hotel for budget travelers as the room rates are reasonable with its strategic location in Jalan Bukit Bintang, which is just a stone away from major - middle & high end shopping malls and the local famous Jalan Alor whereby the whole stretch of road is sandwiched by a varieties of local food shops & hawker stalls that offer Malaysian mouthwatering food & drinks.
Do not expect too much if you choose this hotel as most of the staffs seem lack of basic professional guest service & hospitality skills, and poor communication due to low level of English proficiency.
Poor maintenance of the hotel is quite obvious from the exterior & interior of the building itself, with cracked walls, unclean & noisy air conditioning system, rusty & leaked water tap & shower, stained & cracked bathtub, obsolete furnitures/ sofa, dirty & stained ceiling, and quite a number of fused lightbulbs.
Breakfast at the small restaurant could not able to accommodate all the guests, and offers very limited of food items.
Surprisingly the king sized bed is quite comfortable and the cleanliness of the spacious room is okay. The hotel's swimming pool is big & clean enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy L
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Andy L

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently and first of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

I have taken note of your comments highlighted and I will seriously look into it.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Soleil

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good hotel, our room was nice, it was quiet on the 16th floor, we stayed for four nights and would stay there again. Walking distance to the Twin Towers and there are a lot of restaurants nearby. Breakfast average but you have to expect Asian food in Asian countries. The only downside was there was not any hot water on two of the days, the first day we reported it and they sent someone to fix it, then two days later when we were leaving we did not have hot water the night before or the next morning. Hopefully this will be something that will be fixed soon.

Room Tip: Very quiet on 16th floor.
1  Thank Bazza853
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Bazza853

Thank you for your feedback with regard to your stay with us recently and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us due to hot water issue.

For your information, the hot water issue has been fixed. The Chief Engineer has been told to review and be more thorough in preventive maintenance in order to ensure smooth functioning of hotel equipment and system at all time.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The very 1st thing which caught my eye after a 1 hr drive from the airport is its Old style English feel about it. It had a sort of a portico from the ground floor to the Reception. The check in was pretty fast & the staff was generous enough to give me a pool side room facing the KL tower. The room was spacious with again some wooden finishing. I got a room on the 18th floor, 1829 to be precise. The view was not that great among the concrete jungle but the KL tower stood out. The wifi was pretty fast. The food can be avoided in the hotel as it there are numerous options around. The breakfast was disappointing with no varieties.
What is a big plus for this hotel is the 15 mins walking distance from the twin towers & KL towers. The Berjaya Times square is also walking distance but a cab would charge RM10. The China town is also pretty close with a cab taking only RM. 10. The swimming pool is well maintained but the SPA is overpriced for the services it offers. There is a definite problem with the rooms & glasses not being sound proof. So it would be advised to take the top floors if you are not a party animal. Room service was pretty prompt. The house keeping charges a token security deposit for any thing u require but is returned during check out. The AC was very strong which is good and could be regulated.
Some takeaways:
1. Take pool side higher floors to avoid noise & better view
2. Wifi is fast but don't lose the tiny slip of paper given during check in
3. Try avoiding the hotel food & opt for the Numerous bars, pubs & eateries just outside the hotel
4. Clean rooms but a bit fatigued due to its age
5. Ideal for short budget stay
6. Avoid hotel managed car rental as it is expensive than the one u will find in bukit bintang

Lastly be prepared to walk around as everything is closeby

Room Tip: 1. Rooms above 10th floor on the pool side for quieter sleep 2. Incase unavailable ask for Road sid...
1  Thank travellersagar

Dear Travellersagar

Thank you for your positive feedback with regard to our front office service, the room, wifi system, swimming pool, room service and air conditioning system during your stay with us recently.

I agree that Radius International Hotel Kuala Lumpur is conveniently located within walking distance to Twin Towers, KL Tower and Major Shopping Centre.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our breakfast and food served at the hotel. I will evaluate the breakfast and the food with my team and we will certainly look into improving it.

I have read through your other comments highlighted and I will certainly look into it.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is well located, just near the city center and many attractions particularly the shopping malls. The hotel is also suitable for low budget trips. The breakfast is not bad but not very varied. The worst two things are the WIFI and the noise. When I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist gave me a tiny piece of paper with the internet username and password. I though this was what I was going to use for the length of my stay. But surprisingly enough, I discovered that the password expires every one hour approximately!! It is also valid for one device only! I used the call the reception several times everyday for a new password and username! The receptionists used to grumble about my requests!
Further, the rooms are NOT sound proof. I would hear the guests in the room next to me clearly!
Also, the toilets are not equipped with toilet showers used by Arabs and Muslims for cleaning.
The toilets are not very clean.
Anyway, I can still say that the housekeeping service is very good except for the yellowish towels.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the swimming pool are quieter. Room overlooking the street are terribly noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fathi R

Dear Fathi R

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused due to our shortfalls.

I have read through your comments highlighted and I will seriously look into meeting our shortfalls.

We appreciate your constructive feedback and comments as it gives us the opportunity to improve our services, amenities and facilities in this hotel.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I choosed this hotel because of the reasonable price even with queen size bed, swimming pool, good location.
When check in, I asked to assign a higher floor room since I watched information before hand that there is noysy at some lower floor room because of club houses where the ground floor of this hotel or around this area. As a result I could get sleeping calmly except a few minute, fire works launched by local gang exbloded next to the window.

GOOD
The location is near to Bukit Bingtan, KL's biggest down town and there are many local or chinese food restaurant around the hotel.
Swimming pool is confortable for such hot humid country.
Concierge was nice kind staff.

BAD
The room was clean BUT it out stands deterioration well, for example a part of wall was broken in the bath room and TV was not thin, its display picture was unclear. Towels were warn out. A perfect example was encounting a big cockroach at the bath room.
Breakfast tastes not delicious.
WI-fi is available only lobby area.

Room Tip: Demand higher floor. Thre are many club house roar sound.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear ki_wi_Tokyo

Thank you for your feedback with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have taken note of your comments and I will seriously look into the matters.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to another opportunity in welcoming you back to Radius International Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I thought I should share our horror story about Radius Int so that other people can avoid this on their trip:

We went here because of the pool and the good location. Upon arrival we asked the staff if they had any rooms left. They said the only thing left was a deluxe for 260RM. We thought that was too much so we left the hotel to get something to eat nearby. After a while we changed our minds (we were kinda sick of looking for hotels at that time) so went back in. Suddenly they had standard rooms for 160RM, this was 15m later.
So we took that one. The room was on the 2nd floor and looked terrible. It was something thrown together without much thought. The room looked like a 50RM room and the water heater was broken. So I went downstairs to complain about that, the only alternative was a room without a window. This room was filthy and it was like you were a prisoner inside the hotel.
My girlfriend got angry about the "solution" they gave us. So they sent a technician to look at the water heater. The guy said literally: "the heater is broken and I can't fix it, can't you change rooms".

After that they gave us one of the newly refurbished rooms, which looked very nice and clean. We were very happy, but not for long.
After 10 pm the surrounding bars started turning up the volumes of their music. Around 12 it was so deafening you couldn't sleep even if you wanted to. You could sing along with all their songs. The walls and windows were so thin it was like we were inside the bars. We went downstairs to get a beer (hopefully we could sleep after that) but to no avail. When we returned the music was even louder and it had changed to a mix between hardcore/hardstyle (think thunderdome, google it).
I put in my earbuds, then over that i put my noise cancelling headphones and still i could hear everything.
I went outside until 3pm until the music stopped. There were prostitutes everywhere. This neighbourhood is not the place to be if you have kids. I didn't mind, it provided a lively scenery.

It felt as if the guy after the counter was punishing us for complaining about the room. He just put us in a room that looked better, but was actually 10x worse. This without a heads-up about the noise.

In the morning we got up early and left the hotel after the breakfast (which is a joke). We went to "Quality Hotel Kuala Lumpur". Much better, quiet, good rooms, friendly staff and tasty food. Go there instead.

Out of all the hotels I have stayed in (and I've travelled a LOT) this was by far the worst I have ever seen. Avoid at all costs.

1  Thank SethD0540

Dear SethD0540

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently. First of all, please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience during your stay with us recently.

I have taken note of your comments highlighted and I will certainly look into it.

Please feel free to contact me if you are around in Kuala Lumpur as I am looking forward to arrange another opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed with my three sons for 4 nights from 14th to 18th Sept 2013. .We were given 2 rooms 801 & 802 & on the second day because of bath room door problem in 802 room were given room 817. Very comfortable stay,courteous staff,High quality sumptuous Breakfast.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay .I recommend it to other visitors of the Kualalumpur .

Room Tip: Any room will be comfortable with swimming pool facility on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
GM_Radius, General Manager at Hotel Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Mr NizamuddinDanwer

Thank you for your positive review with regard to your stay with us recently. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently.

I will definitely share this review with my team in order to motivate them to keep up our good service to all our guests.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family to stay with us again.