The very 1st thing which caught my eye after a 1 hr drive from the airport is its Old style English feel about it. It had a sort of a portico from the ground floor to the Reception. The check in was pretty fast & the staff was generous enough to give me a pool side room facing the KL tower. The room was spacious with again some wooden finishing. I got a room on the 18th floor, 1829 to be precise. The view was not that great among the concrete jungle but the KL tower stood out. The wifi was pretty fast. The food can be avoided in the hotel as it there are numerous options around. The breakfast was disappointing with no varieties.
What is a big plus for this hotel is the 15 mins walking distance from the twin towers & KL towers. The Berjaya Times square is also walking distance but a cab would charge RM10. The China town is also pretty close with a cab taking only RM. 10. The swimming pool is well maintained but the SPA is overpriced for the services it offers. There is a definite problem with the rooms & glasses not being sound proof. So it would be advised to take the top floors if you are not a party animal. Room service was pretty prompt. The house keeping charges a token security deposit for any thing u require but is returned during check out. The AC was very strong which is good and could be regulated.
1. Take pool side higher floors to avoid noise & better view
2. Wifi is fast but don't lose the tiny slip of paper given during check in
3. Try avoiding the hotel food & opt for the Numerous bars, pubs & eateries just outside the hotel
4. Clean rooms but a bit fatigued due to its age
5. Ideal for short budget stay
6. Avoid hotel managed car rental as it is expensive than the one u will find in bukit bintang
Lastly be prepared to walk around as everything is closeby
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Precinct of Golden Triangle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Soleil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radius Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Radius Hotel International