“ver good”
Review of Sunway Putra Hotel

Sunway Putra Hotel
Ranked #31 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 31, 2013

i am happy at my stay at your hotel, everything was excellent and service, staff were good cooperative and friendly, very good service. room service excellent. when i come again to KL i will stay in same hotel, i hope you make good disco tag in future in this hotel.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny. i stay 1607 good veiw and room service. excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nas S
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Nasir S, thank you for your wonderful review of Sunway Putra Hotel! It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive some positive comments.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

During my 2 weeks trip to Kuala Lumpur, I stayed at Sunway Putra and I must say its complete value for every MR spent. I am trying to categorize each value stream below so that you can take quick decision:-

1. Location:- Something that attracted me the most is the location of Sunway Putra Hotel. Just opposite the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), this hotel is well connected to central attractions of Kuala Lumpur. As you step out of hotel and take a right turn (50 meters from hotel) you will find PWTC LRT (Light Rail Transit) Station. This elevated metro train connects you to KL Sentral, Masjid Jamek, KLCC and other metro services such as MonoRail, KTM Line and KLIA Express. You will hardly experience any crowd while boarding the train irrespective of peak or off-peak hours. If you wish to buy a local SIM Card, you can simply walk towards the right side for about 100 meters and you will find 2 shops. Opposite to this shop, you can find Nagas which is a famous restaurant chain in KL. So Sunway has the edge over any other hotel as far as local commuting is concern. My rating for location - 9/10

2. The Hotel:- Sunway is an old property however they have maintained it really well. My room was upgraded to an apartment on 29th floor upon check-in. Room had a fully equipped kitchen, a drawing room with huge lounger and a bed room with a lot of space. The only thing that I feel needs upgrade inside the room is the television. They are still using a TV box while the world has moved onto LCD/LED tvs. Hotel also has a nive gym and a swimming pool on 11th floor. The interiors of this hotel may not compete with modern western hotels but it gives u a good old style feeling. My rating for Hotel - 8/10

3. Food:- They offer you wide variety of breakfast. A lot of options are available on breads and salads. For non vegetarians you can get almost everything you want. Probably vegetarians will face some challenges during breakfast. For veggies, you have breads, salads, juices, cornflakes, fruits and limited south Indian options. South Indian food may not come with typical Indian preparation hence you may wish to opt for other options. Hotel also has a Monkey Bar which is good (You can watch some of the sports channels here which you cant in your room). I did not try anything at Japanese restaurant so no comments on that :) My rating for Food - 5/10

4. Staff:- Good people. Yes, The Sunway Putra staff members are really good. be it reception, room service, restaurant, travel desk or coffee shop; all these folks are happy to help types and thats really important. I haven't see such hassle free check-in and check-out for years so My rating for Staff - 9/10

I guess these are the major 4 categories that you need to check for before booking your hotel. As far as cost is concern, they are giving best deals to their customers as Sunway Putra Mall (The building next to the hotel) is closed these days. For me it was a complete value for every sen spent.

4  Thank GauravShri
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear GauravShri, Thank you very much for your wonderful review and support. My team is very grateful for your appreciation of their services and we sure do look forward to welcoming you back to Sunway Putra Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great Customer Service. Room is clean for renovated room.
Fast Speed check in /out.
Near to LRT.
We have free upgrade to Crest room.
Great Value for budget traveler.
Next door there are a small size complex which you can get your food and basic need over there.
The business center PC and printer are very outdated and slow response. And no staff standby there for customer assistant.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room. Non renovated room is totally difference from my review.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear CY T, Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your review with us. For your information, you may approach my colleagues in Crest Lounge for assistance in faxing and printing in the future.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice and courteous staff, even the chambermaid all well-mannered and honest.i left my usb broadband and they kept it for me.in june, I went over to retrieved it back.so its a wonderful experience for me there.look forward on my next visit there in aug after i'dul fitri.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the city view.fantastic view at night of the twin towers
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Rocky A, Thank you for your valuable feedback and support. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Till then, we sure do look forward to welcoming you back to Sunway Putra Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was in KL for a business trip and stayed at Sunway Putra since it was just across the road from the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC). I made the reserbation via Booking.com and it was quite seamless as they were able to fulfil the additional requests I had i.e high floor and non-smoking room (be sure to ask for a non-smoking room if you have such a preference, else you will be assigned a smoking room, as I learnt last year). However, the check-in experience could have been better - staff needs to be trained to smile and welcome guests and to provide guests relevant information. I was just given the keys and that's it. I had to ask about the free Wifi, what time and where is breakfast, etc and was given reluctant replies.

When I went into the room, the floor tiles were cold!! But disposable slippers were not provided in the room...so I ended up tip-toeing around the non-carpeted floor areas. Ouch!

While I was looking forward to a good night's rest, the hard bed was very uncomfortable and I woke up with a very sore back. For 3 nights. Ouch!!

The hotel was offering 50% off on room service as the mall downstairs was undergoing renovations. The first in-room dinner I had was ok. But the second order I had the next night was quite bad.. The chicken chop was not fresh and oily, and the oil smelled like it has been recycled :(

Overall, not very good value for money.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a non-smoking room if you prefer one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear DoPod, Thank you for your review and support. I’m disappointed about the unpleasant experience you had with my Reception and Room Service. Rest assured I will bring these matters up personally to my Food & Beverage and Front Office Managers.

Please accept our sincere apologies and hope this episode have not marred your overall impression of our Hotel.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in Sunway Putra Hotel for business trips.

The third times i been here.

Friendly staff services,comfortable bedroom,and nice breakfast.

No free wifi provided.

Will be there next time again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear SPBW, Thank you for your review and support. I do hope we see you again soon at Sunway Putra Hotel.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am still staying in the hotel booked from the 3rd Jul to 8th Jul 2013. I am writing this out of frustration.

From the check in, the experience is not too pleasing. Though the staff was courteous, she was not aware of the room request that I had made. I am aware that those request are on a available basis but if the front desk staff is not aware of such request, how could she even try to find me such a room. I had made my request when making my booking with www.booking.com and written to Sunway Putra Hotel Book Room <bookroomsph@sunwayhotels.com> to request for a non smoking room with a view of the Twin Towers on a higher floor with a large double size bed.

The wifi in the room was bad. i could not get a good connection and the line keep dropping and the connection speed goes down to as low as 1mbps. What is the purpose of providing such a service if it is so unreliable?

On the 2nd night, when we came back at night after a day out, we could not find any soap provided in the room. I had to call housekeeping. The night Assistant Manager Mr Abdul Rashid personally sent me 2 pieces.

My boy was shock to see cockroaches running happily around the room. This was certainly a frightening thought as there was a pantry in the room and we had bought some snacks and fruit and left them on the kitchen top.

On our 4th night, I noticed that the bed sheet had still not been change since we check in. I called up housekeeping and was told it was changed everyday. Anyhow, I greatly appreciated the night Assistance Manager Mr Abdul Rashid again when he showed up at our door and wanted to change the bedsheet for us. I showed him that I noticed the hole on the bed sheet since I checked in and the hole is still there every night till the fourth night. He personally change all the bedsheets.

If you want to stay somewhere near the PWTC, everything is better across the road at the Seri Pacific. You pay a bit more but with less frustration and a peaceful mind. You may find parking at the Seri Paicifc a little hazzle but I was not too please when I found my car covered with a layer of dust in the morning parking on the 8th floor hotel car park of Sunway Putra. This could be due to the ongoing renovation in the building and mall.

The room I have at the Sunway Putra (Rm 2201) is big but the furnishing, TV and carpet are dated. The bath tub is always flooded when you shower as the watre takes a looong time to flow away.

Hopefully, my last night will be a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frustrated_13_13

Dear Frustrated_13_13, Thank you again on your feedback. Having mentioned in my earlier letter to you, I must again apologize and sincerely hope that the unfortunate incident will not deter you from coming back to us. For your infor, we have already rectified the above mentioned matters accordingly.