“Perfect stay for leisure trip”
Review of Sunway Putra Hotel

Sunway Putra Hotel
Ranked #33 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed 3 days with my girlfried on a leisure trip and enjoyed the hotel very much.
Very close to the public transportation makes traveltime to touristic places very short and cheap.
Good service, perfect room. We enjoyed our stay very much.
We payed ~80$ per night and the value we got for the money was definetly worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Jiggajen, thank you very much for your kind review. I do hope we see you and your girlfriend again soon at Sunway Putra Hotel.

Ron Hasni Yusoff, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I usually stay at this hotel due to its proximity to the PWTC where I attend a trade fair. It is quite convenient as you can walk over, no bus shuttles necessary.
I booked a Deluxe room, and received a 1 bedroom, the bathroom was filled with mildew, carpet was old, furniture also quite old and worn,Televisions needs some updating. The AC in my room stopped working on the last night.
There is a great breakfast buffet, they really cover a huge variety to satisfy many types of cuisines.
Also the price paid was definitely quite high for what was received, hotels in Bukit Bintang which is a really great area in KL to stay, close to everything, where priced lower.

Room Tip: crest rooms are new and updated, haven't stayed in one, but heard they are comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Traveltrini, I appreciate your feedback and support. I will definitely share your highlights with my management. However, I am happy to note that you are pleased with our buffet breakfast spread.

I sincerely hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The first time we stayed here we payed about €45 for a twin room. The room was enormous with a kitchen and very comfortable, we also had a balcony and a good view. The hotel is not 5 star maybe 4 and a half. It does boast a nice pool and a good gym. Location isn't great but there is a metro station outside and a taxi doesn't cost much to the central areas.
I must stress that i have never met receptionists with such a bad attitude. A smile costs nothing.
The WiFi is a bit weak in areas aswell.
The second time we stayed here was during the F1 grand prix and they stuck us in a box room with no view and it cost €60

Room Tip: 25th floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mikeburgundy

Dear Mikeburgundy, thank you for your support and feedback. I am sorry to read of your remarks in regards to our receptionists of which I have shared with my Front Office Team as there is ample space for us to improve on our services.

Again, thank you for your highlights and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sunway Putra Hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

An ok hotel in general, clean sheets, bedding, room etc. However, we had some annoying niggles.

At 8.30am all the lights suddenly came on, these are part of the alarm that you can set which their maintenance man had to come and sort out.

The TV was archaic and could barely pick up some of the channels.

The wifi was terrible, however, I can't complain too much as we had it complimentary - if we had had to pay it costs MYR60 per 24 hrs!

Just a point about the pool and loungers; there are no cushions and because the building is so tall the pool area looses all sun by about 2pm - just in case you were hoping for a tan.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Confusedexpat, Thank you for your valuable time in sharing your review with us. For your information, Chanel 1 & 2 reception were fuzzy due to RTM Station (i.e. RTM 1 & 2) is experiencing some technical challenges. Our Maintenance Team has been working closely with them on this matter.

However, I sincerely hope that you will not let this experience deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our first halt in Malaysia was at the Sunway Putra Hotel, a high rise building where the reception is located on the 9th Floor!! Excellent and courteous staff ever ready to help and guide you made life relaxed and easy as the well fitted rooms with an ok view, were otherwise comfortable. The room had a large bath with a bath tub, the linen clean and fresh, being changed twice a day. Tea & coffee on the house. The Hotel's breakfast is the highlight - a wide variety - fresh and tempting. The staff helped to make it even more .. fresh breads in many varieties, eggs to order, cereals, Indian as well continental dishes, fresh fruits and juices along with other beverages, made us enjoy the meal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dr_Amar_Bhatia
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Dr_Amar_Bhatia, thank you for your support and feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel so much. I am equally delighted to read that you found our breakfast spread awesome as this is exactly what we strive to achieve.

I sincerely hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Room: The room are spacious enough where it also fits a mini kitchenette such as large fridge and oven. The room also provide stove for light cooking and a dining table. However the TV still in old fashion mode. The room also have limited plugs. It has large cupboard for cloths and also numbers of drawers.

Minibar: the room provide the fridge but EMPTY. However it did provide instant coffee and tea.

Bathroom - spacious, Clean and clear. The shower if can make it portable so that we can hold the shower instead it attached on the walls.

Location: Just a 1 minute walk to PWTC LRT Station and also located at the PWTC Hall where grand and excellent exhibition are held at PWTC (4-5 minutes wall from hotel to PWTC using the skybridge).

Service - Staff is friendly and smile always. Free shuttle service to selected area at KL. Swimming pool at 11th floor but don't have chance to use it. Housekeeping are excellent. Every inch of demand are fulfil by them as I stay there for 4 days 3 nghts and each day the housekeeping will get my call to request item I want. Congrats and thank you.

Value: Price are little high but if book advance entitled discount. WIFI are chargeable which I think is really expensive. As 5* hotel and claimed itself as BUSINESS HOTEL.. wifi should be made chargeable for business traveller that check-in at the hotel. I'm quite understand that the room category such as Crest Room and Suites room above are complimentary. There are hotels that provide free wifi at the lobby but however SPH does not provide it. 24 hours internet cost RM60.00!!!

F&B: The breakfast are super with numbers selection of food. However during my stay, on 22 and 23 Mac morning, the breakfast at Coffee House a little bit disapointment as the food. Limited choices of food. On 24 Mac, I was surprise with the food and beverages change as the food presentation on 24 Mac are far more different than the last two day. In-room dining are the most memorable moment i have. I' ordered the Udon Mee with Prawn and Dumplings... the food still fresh in my memory untill now.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor to provide excellent view of KL and also less noise of LRT pass by.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kennyahm

Dear Kennyahm, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Sunway Putra Hotel. You truly did a great job in highlighting all the aspects. I am sorry that you find our wifi charges a bit steep but it is a standard fee being charged among hotels in Malaysia. Well, currently we have to remain the internet charges.

As for the breakfast served at the Coffee House, I will definitely share your highlights with my Executive Sous Chef and his team members as there is ample space for improvement. However, I’m glad you enjoyed our Udon Mee.

Till then, I sincerely hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Booked a standard room for 1 night in Mar-13. Room was very spacious and it seemed to be newly renovated as everything looked new. Complimentary WIFI was provided in the room which was a plus point. I love the beds which was really comfortable and the room provided good sleep quality.

Breakfast spread was good and staff were quick to replenish the food items. However, do note that this hotel permits smoking in the breakfast area and it gets really uncomfortable for non-smokers. In addition, the hotel staff doesn't usher you to an empty table during breakfast. Instead, guests were made to look for their own table and many guests like myself had a hard time finding an empty table during breakfast as the place was packed.

Location-wise, it is next to a shopping mall. Unfortunately, the mall was a major letdown. Not much to shop and there was limited dining options unless you are into fast food, otherwise, this mall is forgettable. If you are looking for some serious shopping, better to book a hotel in Bukit Bintang area instead. During my stay, I encountered some hotel staff touting shoppers at the mall entrance to promote the hotel restaurants which was rather unusual considering that this hotel is a 5 Star hotel.

Traffic around the hotel was a nightmare. The hotel carpark shares the same carpark with the shopping mall and finding a parking lot can be difficult. The management should look into reserving some parking lots specially for hotel guests.

Overall, my stay at this hotel was decent but it doesn't feel like a 5 Star hotel. It lacks the exclusivity and personal touch compared to other 5 Star hotels in KL.

Room Tip: High Floor and away from the lift lobby
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Celestar989, thank you for sharing your review with us. I’m glad you were comfortable with our room and the breakfast spread. However, I’m rather disappointed to read that you were not being ushered to your table during breakfast as it is our norm practice to ensure our guests are well seated. Also, our Coffee House contains a ‘smoking’ and ‘non-smoking’ sections. Rest assured I have already shared this highlights with my F&B team.

On the other matter, staffs were seen promoting F&B outlets to guests in conjunction with MATTA Fair event which caused both the Mall and its car parking crowded with people.

I sincerely hope you will not let this experience deter you from visiting us.

Again, thank you for the above feedback and your support. We sure do look forward to welcome you back at Sunway Putra Hotel.